The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 4 Discussion - "Killer Within"

tumblr_md0ricI7FP1rwvezyo3_250.gif
tumblr_md0ricI7FP1rwvezyo5_250.gif

tumblr_md0r5zcvDJ1qac6ozo6_250.gif
tumblr_md0r5zcvDJ1qac6ozo1_250.gif

Man, Andrew Lincoln killed that scene. I mean, just gut wrenching.

I think Callies did great too. Her voice cracking when she was saying goodbye to Carl... :csad:

Just finished the most recent episode. It was pretty damned good.

I don't think that Lincoln's performance was that over the top at all. Rick obviously resented Lori since she pitted him against shane and had to kill him. He clearly wasn't going to forgive her (any time soon at least) but at least she was still there in this world of death and hopelessness. The fact that - regardless of their fight - she won't be there anymore was just the Hoover Dam of emotions he blocked off from season 2's finale until now that just broke down.

When Maggie finally stuck her with the knife, it was a pretty intense moment, and while I honestly haven't given a rat's arse about her, Lori's exit was intense and acted wonderfully. and I think Lori's performance was helped by Lauren Cohen's Maggie as well. I don't think it would have been as strong if you didn't have someone on the other end to bounce the emotion off of in an equally strong way.

Even though they basically killed off two people to add 2 people, it was executed extremely well.

And, yeah, Andrea needs to die. Like yesterday. Can't stand her. Hopefully Michonne winds up leaving her next episode and we finally get her with Rick's group.

^That might be the new frontrunner for 'best kill of the season' so far.

Being a husband and a father, I think Rick's reaction was perfect! Particularly the scene where he leans into Carl. There's that connection and they have both lost someone very important to them. It got me choked up.

Crazy episode! Rick's reaction was very natural and real that it made my eyes water a bit. I not only feel really bad for both him and Carl but also for Lori, she had been shunned by Rick this whole season and the fact she died with that in her mind must had been devastating. So much great acting in this episode.

This also! Lori knowing she won't reconcile with Rick and Rick knowing he did not reconcile...heartbreaking.

I have never seen a scene on TV in which a newborn arrives that was this devastating.

I was pretty impressed. Both Spartacus and Game of Thrones had a similar death this past season (only difference were the angles of cut--I especially enjoyed Spartacus' underhanded-slice/face removal one) but it was just as well animated in this as either of those. AMC must really have increased the budget this year--I've been so impressed since episode one with the effects.

Anyway, my only real comments on this episode was that the show did a good job of making me think Andrew had died, while not waiting several episodes to have him show back up--a well done twist done soon enough that we actually remembered the guy.

Also, Rick is the biggest baby in the universe. Carl is much better adapted to Zombieland because of the trauma of coming of age in it. It wouldn't have been so bad if Rick hadn't been reduced to rolling on the ground. He also ignored his baby--it seems implied that Glenn and whatsherface are going to be like surrogate parents for it because Rick will be "too busy" to raise it properly.

This reaction talk is a bit ridiculous. Most of us aren't fathers and husbands so to just argue back and forth about the proper reaction is a bit pointless. We can't even comprehend such a thing.

This reaction talk is a bit ridiculous. Most of us aren't fathers and husbands so to just argue back and forth about the proper reaction is a bit pointless. We can't even comprehend such a thing.

Seriously. People are going around acting like human emotion is a mathematical equation.

Wife dying in childbirth + son being the one to put her down = man up, you p***y? :huh:

Sure, guys... :o

I knew everyone in this thread would be upset about T Dog's death.....*crickets* Man they were dropping like flies this week, 3 of our main cast bit the dust, unless Carol has escaped?

As T Dog and Lori croaked I couldn't help but think of it as a love letter episode to a bulk of fans since those two got the majority of the hate. Personally I thought Lori remained consistently illogical to the last.

it reminded me of the bounty ad.

Loved this episode, but damn why T-dog...why couldn't they let him live and kill off Andrea.

She is at the top of my must kill list now that Lori is gone.

I knew everyone in this thread would be upset about T Dog's death.....*crickets* Man they were dropping like flies this week, 3 of our main cast bit the dust, unless Carol has escaped?

I think she's alive. Seems pointless to have kept her alive and put her through this much this long to just off her now.

And if she is going to die, I'm sure Daryl will play a big role, since they're closest.

I would bet my entire lunch box on Carol to be still alive. It would embarass the heroic part T-Dawg played at the end. Also when Ricks gonna have a HARD breakdown, Daryl will be the last stable person that is capable of being a leader.
Besides Daryl and Rick only Glenn seems to be fit as a leader. He has a lot of what it takes to be a leader but at least for now he is a bit too naive and I doubt him to have the guts to make REAL hard decisions.

Hope the two prisoners will be integrated in the group. If they turn out to be good people I think they can be very helpful. Also looking up for Michone joining the party to increase the wo-manpower of the team ;)

---------

What d'ya think?
Zombie kill of the week?!

... hmmm ... maybe ...

Zombie kill of the month?!

What?! Seriously?!! Shadddaappp ... :oldrazz:

tumblr_m8av85Wsox1r9a3mdo1_1280.gif

Last edited:
Seriously. People are going around acting like human emotion is a mathematical equation.

Wife dying in childbirth + son being the one to put her down = man up, you p***y? :huh:

Sure, guys... :o

:oDaryl wouldn't of cried

I loved Darryl's attack stance when the inmate had the gun on Rick :D

to be fair, you don't have to be a great hand-to-hand combat fighter to dispatch zombies. Carl is dispatching zombies.

With weapons. After all this time and several surprise walker attacks, you would think the group would realize that they need to have some strategies for unarmed defense.

How can you say ANY of these people aren't good at close quarters combat when they are going around practicing Spartan battle formations? The only slight challenge they had was the riot gear walkers. Any other time their phalanx formation owned all walkers around. It's actually funny that any of them have died this fast giving how proficient they were at dispatching walkers in the premiere. At that point they were ****ing professionals

Because they all rely on the weapons they have, not the weapons they are. When I say close quarters, I mean trapping and grappling range. Every time someone is caught weaponless against a walker, they flail and roll around in a desperate frenzy. No one seems to have a clue how to defend themselves.

They've been on the run for many months now. Yet not one person has realized that with the walkers' shambling gates, properly executed kicks to the knees and tripping strategies would work wonders. This is particularly illogical in the cases of Shane and Rick.

Really it doesn't take much to neutralize individual zombies. But in droves, you can quickly get overrun.

But it did bother me that T-Dog essentially got devoured alive by just two of them. Most people could fend off against two limping zombies. It's not like they're going to fight you beyond flailing, and if you're already bit, you don't have much to fear. They're not superhumanly strong. If anything they should be easier to fight than ordinary people, since they don't seem to try to evade any attacks.

:oDaryl wouldn't of cried

Daryl doesn't know what love is, either. :o

If it was him in Rick's position, he probably would've went "Eh, at least I can still pound off to my mental image of her" and then glare at everyone else there.

Really it doesn't take much to neutralize individual zombies. But in droves, you can quickly get overrun.

But it did bother me that T-Dog essentially got devoured alive by just two of them. Most people could fend off against two limping zombies. It's not like they're going to fight you beyond flailing, and if you're already bit, you don't have much to fear. They're not superhumanly strong. If anything they should be easier to fight than ordinary people, since they don't seem to try to evade any attacks.

Would like to hear you tell this fairy-tale story when Dale looks at you after his stomach got ripped up :whatever: (just joking round, mkay?)

Maybe he was very weak but its hard to rip a human stomach with just your bare hands. There are also other scenes where humans got ripped up easily.

I think zombies are not all the same. Some seem to be smarter/stronger than others.

Also there is a reason why you wont get on a zombie bare-handed (at least if you can evade the fight). A zombie is like a wild animal. He will attack you no matter what. You cant even be sure about the way he will attack you. If you would get bitten or scratched its nearly over.
So I would say its better to kill them without givin them a chance to get to near.

The way Ricks group got trained by him (and Daryl) is very effective. Their battle formation is close so they wont be suprised even against dozens of zombies. They use their advantages like killing off zombies through a fence or distracting zombies so they part up instead of staying as a horde making it easier to pick out 1-on-1 situations (which is VERY important since its hard to kill more than one zombie at a time).

For me its just to show how much this group has grown accustomed to this survival-situation they're in.

I dont even think the show makes the zombies look harmless. It was always the situation that decides the danger.
It was always the way it was stated from the very first episode:
"They might not seem like much one at a time, but when they're in a group all riled up and hungry, man you watch your ass".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"