The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 5 "Say The Word" Discussion Thread

Somebody spoil me in a pm. Who is on the phone? I have a feeling we have seen them before.

[BLACKOUT]you're better off not knowing.[/BLACKOUT]
in the book it comes in two layers.

To everyone complaining about the pointless baby food trip.
Welcome to season 2. Still can't believe we got through that.

We've been spoiled rotten with this season so far.

People only think it was pointless because the tense moment didn't have walkers, which is ********. The baby needs food, and Lori's death wasn't expected, so they were going to have to get food somehow.

Michonne slicing and dicing those walkers was awesome, but I missed a bit, how did she find out about the Governor's daughter?

Darryl donning the Clint poncho and heading into town was great, but really they need him to go and get Rick back as the poor guy is having a serious meltdown, was I right in thinking Carl hadn't finished the job and he was stabbing pregnant zombie Lori ? :(

People only think it was pointless because the tense moment didn't have walkers, which is ********. The baby needs food, and Lori's death wasn't expected, so they were going to have to get food somehow.

It was like 5 minutes of show. Haters find the dumbest **** to hate on.

Michonne slicing and dicing those walkers was awesome, but I missed a bit, how did she find out about the Governor's daughter?

I believe she saw him through the window early in the episode with her, then she saw the picture on his desk of him, his wife and daughter.

Darryl donning the Clint poncho and heading into town was great, but really they need him to go and get Rick back as the poor guy is having a serious meltdown, was I right in thinking Carl hadn't finished the job and he was stabbing pregnant zombie Lori ? :(

From what I gathered and what was said on Talking Dead, that zombie had eaten Lori's corpse.

Man! Its really hard to read your posts while knowing I could just ignore the spoiler to get to know whos on phone. But no way. Ive got to stick with the show. Hope you guys keep the spoiler alerts up so I dont read it accidentialy.

It was like 5 minutes of show. Haters find the dumbest **** to hate on.

Oh come on. Stay fair. Yet no one said clearly to hate this scene. IMO it just didnt fit into the scheme of this episode.

I believe she saw him through the window early in the episode with her, then she saw the picture on his desk of him, his wife and daughter.

I wouldnt put a bet on Michonne knowing about his daughter. It should have been hard for Michone to see anything through the window.
Also Michone didnt mention Penny being his daughter when she said her name to the governor. I think it was probably to get more information about the governor so she just said her name and waited for the governor to say sth about her. So I doubt her to know exactly if Penny was his daughter, wife or just some girlfriend.
She said "bet you say that about all the girls". Could also tell us that Michonne things of Penny as a woman that was close to him. Maybe she knew about the governor somehow hit on Andrea. She is the type to provoke certain people (like bad people). Its similar to the last scene from episode 5 where she was talking to the governor. Somehow she tried to corner him. Maybe so that he would stop acting as the "good guy" and reveals his true nature ;)

Last edited:

I didn't think it was pointless. It was all about saving the baby's life.

I wonder if the walkers digest. Seeing that bloated one got me thinking. Can you imagine walking up on a zombie dropping a deuce? It would be odd.

Oh come on. Stay fair. Yet no one said clearly to hate this scene. IMO it just didnt fit into the scheme of this episode.

Knowing some spoilers for the next episode, I think these little supply runs for baby supplies will play a big part.

I believe the logic of showing that 5 minute scene was to show that the prison isn't equipped to raise a baby. Now, if they just showed the baby chugging on a bottle of formula people would be like "Where did they get that? There isn't baby formula in a prison! That's so stupid!" There you go, not only was that scene fine, it was necessary.

Never said the trip was pointless, I said to everyone complaining about this instance. Stuff like this(runs, to and fro with little to no pay off) was what season two mainly was. This season is going a great job with it's pacing.
Imagine 4 eps in and all there was was stuff like this baby run with it's little jump scares...

Never said the trip was pointless, I said to everyone complaining about this instance. Stuff like this(runs, to and fro with little to no pay off) was what season two mainly was. This season is going a great job with it's pacing.
Imagine 4 eps in and all there was was stuff like this baby run with it's little jump scares...

I wasn't referring to you. But there are actual haters whose sole mission is to hate on this show that are harping on that scene. I have no problem with what you said.

Knowing some spoilers for the next episode, I think these little supply runs for baby supplies will play a big part.

I believe the logic of showing that 5 minute scene was to show that the prison isn't equipped to raise a baby. Now, if they just showed the baby chugging on a bottle of formula people would be like "Where did they get that? There isn't baby formula in a prison! That's so stupid!" There you go, not only was that scene fine, it was necessary.

OK. I think we've started to talk at cross purposes. Lets just skip this discussion :)

But now I think maybe the author just showed some sense of irony.
In season 2 Maggie risks her life to get abortion-pills for Lori and in the last episode we saw Maggie risking her life to keep the baby alive.

OK. I think we've started to talk at cross purposes. Lets just skip this discussion :)

But now I think maybe the author just showed some sense of irony.
In season 2 Maggie risks her life to get abortion-pills for Lori and in the last episode we saw Maggie risking her life to keep the baby alive.

Even better. That possum was dangerous.

The little trip was to also show some more compassion in Daryl; seeing the name "Sophie" on the wall of kids art to remind him of Sophia, setting up his holding the baby later and placing the flower on Carol's supposed grave. At least that's how I saw it.

I wonder if the walkers digest. Seeing that bloated one got me thinking. Can you imagine walking up on a zombie dropping a deuce? It would be odd.

I always wondered that. If zombies are basically just re-animated corpses, with the only thing active is their brain ? How does their digestive system work ? Wouldn't their stomach eventually explode ?

I thought she saw Penny's name on a list, I don't know for sure that she knows that Penny is the daughter and that she is still with him. I think she was fishing and caught a bite.

I thought she saw Penny's name on a list, I don't know for sure that she knows that Penny is the daughter and that she is still with him. I think she was fishing and caught a bite.

The governor can clearly see her from his window and she clearly is looking up at him through the window. Im pretty sure she saw the child (daughter) biter and put 1 and 1 together... thats how i saw it at least.

Couple of things that keep recurring to me, one many of you have identified, is the zombie eatling Lori's entire body. I understand the impact the director was going for, but I would have preferred if Rick found a bloody skeleton next to the bloated zombie.

Secondly is the amount of intelligence shown by the zombie. He dragged her body around a corner for more private, safer eating. Dogs and other animals do that. It establishes a level of intelligence, not merely instinctual or residual human behavioral patterns.

I am wondering if we have more surprises coming our way, as to what these walkers are capable of.

T

How could a zombie, that badly decomposing, chew her bones? Now way did he consume every last bit of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"