The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 11 "I Ain't a Judas" Discussion Thread

You know, the more I think about the whole Woodbury vs The Prison thing, the more flawed I see the reasoning. There is one person to blame for all of this, Merle. If Merle leaves Glenn and Maggie alone while on their run, none of what came after would have happened. Does that excuse The Governor's actions? Not entirely but it really does seem on both sides that if you remove Merle from the equation they could have continued to live peacefully.

Also, ego comes into play. As The Governor had his eyes on the prison but Merle told him it would be impossible. Then you have a group of 5 or 6 people just clear it out. His ego really took a hit with that.

While that's true for the immediate conflict, I think it was inevitable. Let's not forget that the governor murdered all those soldiers. He's a dictator. His way or the highway (full of walkers).

And given their proximity, sooner or later they would have come into contact and conflict.

Eh, I don't know. It really did seem like The Governor had written off the prison at that point.

You know, the more I think about the whole Woodbury vs The Prison thing, the more flawed I see the reasoning. There is one person to blame for all of this, Merle. If Merle leaves Glenn and Maggie alone while on their run, none of what came after would have happened. Does that excuse The Governor's actions? Not entirely but it really does seem on both sides that if you remove Merle from the equation they could have continued to live peacefully.

Also, ego comes into play. As The Governor had his eyes on the prison but Merle told him it would be impossible. Then you have a group of 5 or 6 people just clear it out. His ego really took a hit with that.

Or Shane could have used a condom. Then there would have been no Judith Asskicker Grimes to fetch formula for.

Or Rick could have been sure about that one prisoner's death, and he wouldn't have set off the alarm that led to Carol getting trapped and Maggie performing an amateur c-section on Lori that killed her and her breast milk.

Actually, Rick should probably beat himself up more for not killing that prisoner.

I kind of see Merle's picking them up as Merle just doing his job, it just so happened that one of them was an accomplice in him getting shackled to a rooftop. So instead of getting a bed and bath, they were treated like POWs.

Well I mean they all could've blown themselves up along with Jenner at the CDC.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Zombie Apocalypse was Rick's fault. :o

I'm still in the belief that Andrea and Michonne were more than friends during that long winter. At least, that's how it comes off when Michonne and Andrea are around each other.

I felt like that too. Didn't Merle even joke about that after him and Darryl was rescued ?

Last edited:
He did, I think it's likely that Mazzara may be a HUGE Michonne/Andrea shipper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"