The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 5 "Say The Word" Discussion Thread

I'm loving the new direction of this series. That first scene with the Gov' set the tone. Crazy people doing crazy things in a crazy time. Finally, this show has the gumption of the books.

I also love how straight up dum Andrea is being, it's going to lead to a great pay off. Again that's what the books were about.

That phone call at the end better be from who I think it is!

Ed2hA.jpg

Theres noway that potbelly on that walker could fit a whole human(lori) inside. But how screwed up is that, rick goes in to retrieve his wifes body only to find that shes been digested.

:lmao:

Anyway, hopefully Andrea's loins don't overpower her brain too much. Michonne run far, far away and never look back, find Rick and the others cause I want to see you and Daryl "muthaf***ing" Dixon do some crossbow/katana action. :argh:

[BLACKOUT]I guess I'll take her having a sword fight with Merle. I pray Andrea isn't the cause for her getting you-know-what.[/BLACKOUT]

Why are they killing all the crappy characters now? They need to save them for the coming Woodsbury massacre!

Ok, to make it simple: I would say if the last episode was an absolutely "10" on the scale, I would rate this episode maybe as a 6 or 7.

This episode has shown some cool scenes but the concept of this episode was a bit disappointing.

Especially the part where Daryl and Maggie looked for baby stuff. It built up a lot of tension but nothing actually was happening. For me it was kinda pointless showin so much of this.
Hope there will be a good reason why they showed Merle getting the walkers for this "special event" too. Was IMO just a fun-scene. No real plot at all.

Like it was forseen Rick has lost it all and he was outraging like hell. Im not really happy with the encounter of Glenn and Rick. For him not really realizing his friends (Glenn would say family) was a little bit too sick. But ok thats how this show works. I would've expected Rick to just getting mad at everyone as long as they dont leave him alone.

The main plot was focused on the background-story of Woodsbury and especially on Michone. I like the way the show forms Michones character. She always acts so absolutely based on instincts, kinda like a wild animal. Its very nice to see her acts on the screen.
Andrea is the absolute opposite. I was looking forward to see her grow up with Michone by her side but now that she has abandoned her only friend (at least for the last month) for this illusion of a perfect town she really is dispiteful.
The governors character didnt develope the way its meant yet. The whole episode he is like "pro village, pro party, im your man!" stuff. The scene with his daughter and the way he thinks that zombie-gladiator-fights are "normal" lets him at least look a bit crazy. But for the time being Im still looking for him to turn into a real piece of ass-kickin ****.

Oh yeah and then there was the end-part of Ricks snap-out.
Did someone also realizes that he hasnt really killed the zombie yet? :woot:
(he shot right DOWN his mouth but not where the brain should be)

I think the people on the phone can only be someone who also has been living in the prison yet. Maybe its the soldier who told the prisoners to stay at the cafeteria. But I doubt that.
At least it wouldnt make sense if someone is calling Rick from outside the prison since its even hard to believe that the connection inside the prison is working. I thought Rick and Oscar had shut down the power (coz of the sirens). No power no calls. So why its working?

This scene also remind me of Duane and Morgan Jones (from first episode). I hope we will get some facts about their whereabouts before this season ends.

The scenes I like the most:

1. The whole scene at the "prison graveyard". Watching Glenn talking to Hershel -especially the part where he said he would trade any numbers of people for one of his group-mates. Im still wondering if Hershel took Glenns hand to express him feeling the same about the group or for him being worried that Glenn gets a bit more cruel (killing off other people for the good of the group).

2. Michone sneaking in the govenors room. Especially looking at his notes with all the lines. I think the lines either stands for the people that got killed (for/in Woodsbury) or it could also be a special document, only showing the right information when you look through all pages at once (maybe also behind a light-source). At least you can see that there is quite some difference in the line-strength.

3. Daryl feeding the "little ass-kicker" :D. Sweet scene.

Last edited:
Ok, to make it simple: I would say if the last episode was an absolutely "10" on the scale, I would rate this episode maybe as a 6 or 7.

This episode has shown some cool scenes but the concept of this episode was a bit disappointing.

Especially the part where Daryl and Maggie looked for baby stuff. It built up a lot of tension but nothing actually was happening. For me it was kinda pointless showin so much of this.
Hope there will be a good reason why they showed Merle getting the walkers for this "special event" too. Was IMO just a fun-scene. No real plot at all.

Like it was forseen Rick has lost it all and he was outraging like hell. Im not really happy with the encounter of Glenn and Rick. For him not really realizing his friends (Glenn would say family) was a little bit too sick. But ok thats how this show works. I would've expected Rick to just getting mad at everyone as long as they dont leave him alone.

The main plot was focused on the background-story of Woodsbury and especially on Michone. I like the way the show forms Michones character. She always acts so absolutely based on instincts, kinda like a wild animal. Its very nice to see her acts on the screen.
Andrea is the absolute opposite. I was looking forward to see her grow up with Michone by her side but now that she has abandoned her only friend (at least for the last month) for this illusion of a perfect town she really is dispiteful.
The governors character didnt develope the way its meant yet. The whole episode he is like "pro village, pro party, im your man!" stuff. The scene with his daughter and the way he thinks that zombie-gladiator-fights are "normal" lets him at least look a bit crazy. But for the time being Im still looking for him to turn into a real piece of ass-kickin ****.

Oh yeah and then there was the end-part of Ricks snap-out.
Did someone also realizes that he hasnt really killed the zombie yet? :woot:
(he shot right DOWN his mouth but not where the brain should be)

I think the people on the phone can only be someone who also has been living in the prison yet. Maybe its the soldier who told the prisoners to stay at the cafeteria. But I doubt that.
At least it wouldnt make sense if someone is calling Rick from outside the prison since its even hard to believe that the connection inside the prison is working. I thought Rick and Oscar had shut down the power (coz of the sirens). No power no calls. So why its working?

This scene also remind me of Duane and Morgan Jones (from first episode). I hope we will get some facts about their whereabouts before this season ends.

The scenes I like the most:

1. The whole scene at the "prison graveyard". Watching Glenn talking to Hershel -especially the part where he said he would trade any numbers of people for one of his group-mates. Im still wondering if Hershel took Glenns hand to express him feeling the same about the group or for him being worried that Glenn gets a bit more cruel (killing off other people for the good of the group).

2. Michone sneaking in the govenors room. Especially looking at his notes with all the lines. I think the lines either stands for the people that got killed (for/in Woodsbury) or it could also be a special document, only showing the right information when you look through all pages at once (maybe also behind a light-source). At least you can see that there is quite some difference in the line-strength.

3. Daryl feeding the "little ass-kicker" :D. Sweet scene.

I guess you haven't read the books. I won't spoil who is on the phone with Rick but I think you'll like it.

"Especially the part where Daryl and Maggie looked for baby stuff. It built up a lot of tension but nothing actually was happening. For me it was kinda pointless showin so much of this".

I always thought about this type of things.....I think it's real life, sometimes you are just tense expecting something to happen, but nothing does happen, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's a dangerous situation, you know what I mean? I mean even soldiers at war have their "down" time and nothing happens....

Damn, Rick is really going to be hard to live with. Unless, that phone call from [blackout]you know who just brightens[/blackout] his crazy.

This episode served as a nice cool down from the last few intense episodes, and I think it did a good job of exploring different characters pretty well.

Who would have thought that Daryl would be feeding the little ass kicker?

As for the zombie name, TWD follows Romero's tradition of not using it.

They are going all CGI on the zombie killings.

Still.... better than the World War Z CG. :o

Yes, those are actually pretty good effects for a tv show.

That T-Dog puppet they showed on The Talking Dead last night was awesome.

Seriously does Penny look like the girl from The Exorcist, or is it just me?

I guess you haven't read the books. I won't spoil who is on the phone with Rick but I think you'll like it.

No Im not a real fan of the comics since the show in some cases seems to be very close to its story.

First of all thanks for your no-spoilering ;)

But now I would like to know ... exactly this scene was shown in the comic books already?
I wouldnt have thought for the show to be this similar to the books in any way :huh:

DarthPollo said:
I always thought about this type of things.....I think it's real life, sometimes you are just tense expecting something to happen, but nothing does happen, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's a dangerous situation, you know what I mean? I mean even soldiers at war have their "down" time and nothing happens...

Yah thats a point. Its not like I havent thought of this scene as interesting but after these mixed up scenes it somehow felt like a filler for the episode at first glance.

Of coz we had seen this kindof scenes in season 2 (especially in search of Sophia), but the context felt different (better) since we were like personally searchin for her too while looking at whats happening next. This time it was just "woooh lets get some stuff out of a crappy house like we did dozens of times before" :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"