Sequels 'Themyscira' - Wonder Woman prequel TV show?

Milk Tray Guy

70s Man of Action
Reaction score
Do you think there'll be one? After all we're supposedly getting a 'Krypton' prequel show on Syfy - and audiences seemed to love those early Amazon scenes in WW. Personally, I wouldn't rule it out...

I doubt it. Krypton didn't get started because Man of Steel was super popular, it got started because Man of Steel *wasn't* super popular, but lots of people seemed to like one particular part of it. Wonder Woman doesn't have this issue.

Plus, they already tried making a WW TV show, twice, and it fell through both times. Successful movie means it's more potentially valuable, but also that the movie execs will clutch the IP even tighter.

I think there should be one. There isn't anything like it on TV atm. The Amazons need character development. WW2 is probably going to 100% be a story in solely Man's World, which I'd like it to be anyways. Patty Jenkins said of the sequel "she's WW now. This is going to be Wonder Woman unleashed upon the world."

It'd be kinda convoluted if they included Themyscira in the sequel anyways. Wonder Woman was a unique film that was basically standalone and zero setup for another movie. The sequel is basically starting over with Wonder Woman's time, setting, and supporting cast. And to top it off, it has to setup memorable villains.

That's ambitious enough without including some weird back and forth to Themyscira and The Amazons.

Wonder Woman was a unique film that was basically standalone and zero setup for another movie.

Yes similar in a way to Batman Begins, which would have stood perfectly on it's own if there had never been a sequel. Although BB teased the Joker it wasn't exactly an unresolved thread, it just showed that Batman is here and off to face whatever's out there.

I know that WB/DC said they wouldn't tie their TV stuff into the DCEU but that seems to have been bypassed with Krypton - not least I suspect because Krypton's 'historical' setting removes the logistical problems of trying to coordinate events directly with those of the current-day DCEU (see Agents of Shield/MCU). A Themyscira prequel set way in the island's past would avoid similar problems in the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"