Transformers These Transformers LOOK way cooler.

The only thing I can say is this:
A cartoon, a comic book and toys are something, but a realistic sci-fi live action movie is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING. Did you want this to be a kiddie's movie with kid fantasies rather than a realisticalization of TF?

To achieve that level of realism in a cartoon, you need to change ALOT of things, remove some and replace some others. This did it for me, it did't look like a bunch of legos stuck together, it looked like ALIEN ROBOTS (and not like cheap, human-made robots) for the first time. This is what TF was meant to look like and should've always looked like. Any other design is secondary to real-life.

I know what you're saying and i completely agree. but this picture is really cool and i think still fit in the TF-Bay vision. I don't think this looks cartoony. It looks on par with the rest of the transformers of the movie.

I don't think it should be like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckzCV2At9jo

A cartoon, a comic book and toys are something, but a realistic sci-fi live action movie is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING. Did you want this to be a kiddie's movie with kid fantasies rather than a realisticalization of TF?

To achieve that level of realism in a cartoon, you need to change ALOT of things, remove some and replace some others. This did it for me, it did't look like a bunch of legos stuck together, it looked like ALIEN ROBOTS (and not like cheap, human-made robots) for the first time. This is what TF was meant to look like and should've always looked like. Any other design is secondary to real-life.

Agreed 100%, that was another thing in the movie they nailed to a tee, these TF's looked and felt REAL. This was essential to get right in the movie, and they did that IMO.

I disagree magnitudinously. Do you seriously think the Transformers would have become popular many years ago had they looked like walking pieces of slag? The Transformers WERE NOT MEANT TO LOOK THAT. It's not all that believable and realistic to me? Exposed skeletal parts make them far more vulnerable to attack for one thing and the completely unnecessary redesigns look utterly grotesque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"