Transformers These Transformers LOOK way cooler.

It wasn't so much a war, as me doing a good job of entertaining myself last night. Without *********ing.

That's right, I said it.
Funny. I was doing the same thing. Except with *********ing. The best of both worlds.

Gee, my two posts created a war. :csad:

lol, imagine how I feel about this being my thread!

I really didn't want a war to break out; Just wanted to give props because I think they did a really good job. I wish there was more screen time for the robots so more of us could appreciate what they gave us.

In fact, I hope they take the Peter Jackson LOTR approach and film a Trilogy - then deliver them to us each year for the next 3 years - one continues badass story with new autobots and decepticons joining the fray.

I thought the designs were very well done, even though they deviated quite a bit from their source material. The only one I wasn't too fond of was Megatron simply because he just looks like a jumble of steel and it's hard to see the individual details on him.

lol, imagine how I feel about this being my thread!

I really didn't want a war to break out; Just wanted to give props because I think they did a really good job. I wish there was more screen time for the robots so more of us could appreciate what they gave us.

In fact, I hope they take the Peter Jackson LOTR approach and film a Trilogy - then deliver them to us each year for the next 3 years - one continues badass story with new autobots and decepticons joining the fray.

Haha, you are talking to the guy who's thread was responsible for the Video Game forum being divided into sub-forums.

They were too skeletal, in the end. Too hard to make out distinguishing features in steady shots, let alone any involving a movie camera (i.e. the entire film)

They needed more exterior sheet metal covering up the whirlygigs and doodads.
could happen in the sequel. I mean, what if they begin themselves up more in armour, after all they know the humans can hurt them too.

i think prime couldve looked like this

Shot at 2007-07-05

i dont take credit but ithink that is amazing

While i liked the movie version, that would have been kick ass. I'm a man of tradition. This would have been awesome.

Someone made a manip of the new movie optimus prime with the solid colors. Does anyone have it?

They actually moved like robots too, even when performing human-like movements. They didn't look like motion-captured humans with robot bodies.

-TNC

While i liked the movie version, that would have been kick ass. I'm a man of tradition. This would have been awesome.

How the heck is it any more faithful than the movie version? Because it's blockier and has no flames? The official one kicks that POS's posterior to the moon.

Its a fan manip...of course the official one looks better.

Gonna sell your Megatron anytime soon?

I'm still waiting to get a better handle on how much he might be worth at auction. There's currently another one on eBay that's only going for slightly more than the retail one, and considering how many hours I put into this thing, I'd want quite a bit more than that. We shall see.

Dude, the guy got disoriented by Earth's magnetic field. Some freakin navigator- like he's never visited a planet before. Megs ain't very bright in this movie. The Queen from Aliens was smarter than him.
Well keep in mind the Aliens were suppose to be absolutely brillant in Aliens.

I'm still waiting to get a better handle on how much he might be worth at auction. There's currently another one on eBay that's only going for slightly more than the retail one, and considering how many hours I put into this thing, I'd want quite a bit more than that. We shall see.

I'd put at least 80 bucks on that.

i think prime couldve looked like this

Shot at 2007-07-05

i dont take credit but ithink that is amazing

Im sorry but that looks like he's wearing a christmas sweater over football pads... I like the Movie designs a lot better specially Prime flames and all, Maybe Megatron looked a lil too busy but everyone else was amazing to see come to life.

they should make a tv show using the movie versions and not the versions there using in that new Trans. show thats coming out.

Im sorry but that looks like he's wearing a christmas sweater over football pads... I like the Movie designs a lot better specially Prime flames and all, Maybe Megatron looked a lil too busy but everyone else was amazing to see come to life.

THANK YUO! :word::up:

So then would you have like to have seen the classic BUMBLEBEE
transformers-idw-04-inctvbumblebee.jpg

Instead of what we got in the movie?
Bumblebee.png

I would have.

I have to agree somewhat with footman310, but I also agree that their should have been more definition to them to make some of their features more distinctive. I will say that out of all of them looks wise Starscream was the worse, he was nothing like the cartoon. I also didn't like BB's mouth I think Jazz looked the most humanoid. Other then that i think they were brought to life in live action very well.

For the sequel i hope they refine them more, bring back Jazz, and if not anything else please michael bay pull the damn camera back. The FX was top notch, so some of those too close shots isn't needed.

I've never had much of a problem with the movie designs. While I think the G1 designs do have a certain charm to them, I liked the movie designs. I prefer the more alien look the Transformers had in the film over the more human-like appearance that has often been used.

Then keep watching the cartoon I guess?

People have to understand somethings that look good in the cartoon wouldn't look good in a live-action movie. The movie wasn't made just for the original fans but to also attract new ones.

Wrong. :down :down

I'm a true fan.

And all the others arent because they loved these designs? They were making a Transformer movie ... they could've picked to create a movie about Armada ;) Or Beast Wars ...

God ... if the movie looked something like the TF Animated movie it would... I dunno , look really really strange. Then they couldve called it Power Rangers.

How the heck is it any more faithful than the movie version? Because it's blockier and has no flames? The official one kicks that POS's posterior to the moon.

IT looks closer to the red torso with blue legs of the cartoons/comics. Its my opinion. Don't flame me for my opnion. I really liked the movie version, but i like this better.

The only thing I can say is this:
A cartoon, a comic book and toys are something, but a realistic sci-fi live action movie is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THING. Did you want this to be a kiddie's movie with kid fantasies rather than a realisticalization of TF?

To achieve that level of realism in a cartoon, you need to change ALOT of things, remove some and replace some others. This did it for me, it did't look like a bunch of legos stuck together, it looked like ALIEN ROBOTS (and not like cheap, human-made robots) for the first time. This is what TF was meant to look like and should've always looked like. Any other design is secondary to real-life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"