The Dark Knight They should retroactively rename Batman Begins as...

Style 92

Civilian
Reaction score
The Dark Knight Begins, or The Dark Knight Dusk, or something like that.

Because making the next one The Dark Knight is a really good idea. It's way of differentiating the new Nolan/Bale continuity from the old Burton Schumacker continuity. Think about it. Someone says Batman movie, you think the first four. Someone says Dark Knight movie, you think the new ones. Cool, huh?

So, Begins should be given a new title to bring it more inline with the new naming scheme, (because, frankly, the title is inline with the old naming scheme.)

The first movie was about how Bruce became Batman so Batman Begins suits it.

JokerNick said:
no, no and oh yah, NO!!!

close........
Bad idea for the movie? maybe. This thread being closeworthy? nowhere near to it.
So step off.

From "Dark Knight Begins" to "Dark Knight" doesn't really fit in well.

I think Goyer and Nolan made a slight misstep with Batman Begins title BUT it's not a big deal really..

Two Face said:
The first movie was about how Bruce became Batman so Batman Begins suits it.
yes, it suits it. But it also makes it sound like a prequal to the burton schumacker franchise. If Nolan takes this "Dark Knight" naming motif and runs with it, (You KNOW they are thinking about Dark Knight Returns for a future flick if they're naming this one Dark Knight,) Then Batman Begins as a title will stick out like a sore thumb.

Maybe after the third movie is out, all 3 Nolan Batman movies could collectively be called the Dark Knight Trilogy. Yeah!:up:

Batman Begins was a crappy title, but there's no need to retroactively rename it.

And I know that The Dark Knight being the title is just that much closer to a movie called The Dark Knight Returns, but hopefully the producers will show some restraint.

remember it's okay.

In the US, Mad Max 2 was known as the Road Warrior. And then the third one was call Mad Max in Thunderdome.

It has happened before and its not a big deal, as long as they go with the cliche Part (NUMBER)

Style 92 said:
yes, it suits it. But it also makes it sound like a prequal to the burton schumacker franchise. If Nolan takes this "Dark Knight" naming motif and runs with it, (You KNOW they are thinking about Dark Knight Returns for a future flick if they're naming this one Dark Knight,) Then Batman Begins as a title will stick out like a sore thumb.

No doesn't, it's all in your head...

Batman Begins was a good title to restart the franchise. The Dark Knight is a good title too but that have to put it as Batman: The Dark Knight. Renaming the 1st movie is just ludicrous!

chintai80 said:
Maybe after the third movie is out, all 3 Nolan Batman movies could collectively be called the Dark Knight Trilogy. Yeah!:up:

Best suggestion yet!

But the only problem I have with it is the insistance once again that it should just be a trilogy. Superheroes are inherantly serial characters: They are meant to have adventures that can continue indefinatly. Now, maybe a Spiderman esqu idea where a trilogy would deal with one theme or set of characters, (the osbornes in Spidey) then set up a new trilogy after that that doesn't lose continuity, that's okay. I think Warner Bros has always hoped that Batman would become their Bond franchise: a film series they could keep afloat throughout eternity, a tentpole that they can count on being the big bonus bucks every 3 years or so.

Style 92 said:
Best suggestion yet!

But the only problem I have with it is the insistance once again that it should just be a trilogy. Superheroes are inherantly serial characters: They are meant to have adventures that can continue indefinatly. Now, maybe a Spiderman esqu idea where a trilogy would deal with one theme or set of characters, (the osbornes in Spidey) then set up a new trilogy after that that doesn't lose continuity, that's okay. I think Warner Bros has always hoped that Batman would become their Bond franchise: a film series they could keep afloat throughout eternity, a tentpole that they can count on being the big bonus bucks every 3 years or so.

The problem with that is there are just so many Batman villains, and out of those only a handful would make good movie villains.
How many times can the Joker be introduced?

god, with good news, comes stupid, useless threads

Style 92 said:
Best suggestion yet!

Just because there's three Nolan movies, doesn't mean there has to be only three Batman movies. Nolan's trilogy could just be much like an arc is in comics.

Still, the thread sucks. :up:

So.......will WB come to my home and edit my DVD, and DVD dics, and Videogame, and Magazines and Batman Begins comic?

I mean......unless WB has a time machine, or that flashy thingy ma-jiggy from MIB that erases my memory and allows them to chancge the past........what's the point?

Style 92 said:
The Dark Knight Begins, or The Dark Knight Dusk, or something like that.

Because making the next one The Dark Knight is a really good idea. It's way of differentiating the new Nolan/Bale continuity from the old Burton Schumacker continuity. Think about it. Someone says Batman movie, you think the first four. Someone says Dark Knight movie, you think the new ones. Cool, huh?

So, Begins should be given a new title to bring it more inline with the new naming scheme, (because, frankly, the title is inline with the old naming scheme.)

What the ****?

you know somethings wrong when even aquaman thinks you're silly

Well, all completely dumb ideas suggested aside...

The Dark Knight Dusk? I mean seriously...what does that even mean?

Ownage by Aquaman

Dusk? I think that"s an old wooden ship used during the_________no wait that"s diversity>

Aquaman said:
Well, all completely dumb ideas suggested aside...

The Dark Knight Dusk? I mean seriously...what does that even mean?
Dusk. Beginning of night. Get a flipping dictionary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"