The Dark Knight They should retroactively rename Batman Begins as...

dont be mad cause your thread stinks...

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Ownage by Aquaman
Well, this is probably going to sound bitter, but Ownage can't occur when the person making the comment is too dumbass to even understand what was said.

Besides, it's not like popular movies have never been renamed.

Star Wars became Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, and Raiders of the Lost arc became Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc.

And go on, I dare someone to claim that Star Wars was always named "A New Hope" just because it was named that on the supposedly "unaltered" DVDs you bootlegged. It'll give me a good laugh, anyway.

Style 92 said:
Dusk. Beginning of night. Get a flipping dictionary.

Har-de-har. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm sorry if I've offended you. I'm just saying that I think that's a terrible idea. :o

"The Dark Knight Dusk" requires decyphering(not sure I spelled that right). There's nothing wrong with the word Begins. Or even having the movies carry different and unconnected titles.

With that logic, I assume you'd then want The Dark Knight eventually renamed: The Dark Knight Midnight. And the third film The Dark Knight Dawn.

Wow....but the first star wars has always had the name "Star Wars" in the title.

What you're asking for is a complete name change, which is ******ed

Why are some people so insistient that the titles correlate to one another? :confused:

Style 92 said:
Well, this is probably going to sound bitter, but Ownage can't occur when the person making the comment is too dumbass to even understand what was said.

Star Wars became Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, and Raiders of the Lost arc became Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc.

And go on, I dare someone to claim that Star Wars was always named "A New Hope" just because it was named that on the supposedly "unaltered" DVDs you bootlegged. It'll give me a good laugh, anyway.

Look. There's a difference between friendly banter and just being rude. You called me a dumbass. Don't do that.

I never said movie names weren't changed. Though, I'd like to know of non-George Lucas films that have been changed.

Honestly, am I truly the only one who didn't really understand what you meant by The Dark Knight Dusk?

Aquaman said:
Har-de-har. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm sorry if I've offended you. I'm just saying that I think that's a terrible idea. :o

"The Dark Knight Dusk" requires decyphering(not sure I spelled that right). There's nothing wrong with the word Begins. Or even having the movies carry different and unconnected titles.

With that logic, I assume you'd then want The Dark Knight eventually renamed: The Dark Knight Midnight. And the third film The Dark Knight Dawn.
Translation: "I just had my ownage completely revearsed back onto myself and I'm desparatly trying to retain the upper hand!" And with that, I'm off kiddies. Glad you took the thread more seriously than I did. Have fun flaming me!:)

ah the old "I'm gonna leave so i dont see myself get owned again" post....nice....

They should just name the new one Batman: The Dark Knight :o

The Batman said:
ah the old "I'm gonna leave so i dont see myself get owned again" post....nice....
No, i'm gonna watch, I'm just not gonna fight it.

This is the most stupid idea i've read today. Why the hell rename a movie? That's damn silly.

The Fallen said:
This is the most stupid idea i've read today. Why the hell rename a movie? That's damn silly.
This is just for The Batman's sake: I'm signing in to show I'm watching myself get flamed.

You're not making yourself look any better. Forget about the fact that people didn't agree with you and get over it.

We're not patronizing you. We're patronizing your ideas. Everyone has stupid ideas.

Aquaman said:
You're not making yourself look any better. Forget about the fact that people didn't agree with you and get over it.

We're not patronizing you. We're patronizing your ideas. Everyone has stupid ideas.
Oh, I have. Just wanted to prove that I wasn't cutting and running, but I was paying attention.

And I have little to no interest in making myself look good on an internet media board. I just do my thing.

Didja get my apology yet?

There is always the possibility of using more of the "knight" motif. Knights Quest, Knights End, Knights Fall and obviously The Dark Knight Returns.

Style 92 said:
The Dark Knight Begins, or The Dark Knight Dusk, or something like that.

Because making the next one The Dark Knight is a really good idea. It's way of differentiating the new Nolan/Bale continuity from the old Burton Schumacker continuity. Think about it. Someone says Batman movie, you think the first four. Someone says Dark Knight movie, you think the new ones. Cool, huh?

So, Begins should be given a new title to bring it more inline with the new naming scheme, (because, frankly, the title is inline with the old naming scheme.)

That's idiotic.

THE DARK KNIGHT BEGINS
THE DARK KNIGHT

That sounds like a 4-year old came up with this.

mcflytrap said:
That's idiotic.

THE DARK KNIGHT BEGINS
THE DARK KNIGHT

That sounds like a 4-year old came up with this.

Isn't the WB Board of Directors filled with 4 year olds?

Well, you dared me......and like Michael J. Fox, McFly....something McFly, I don't "chicken out".

It was always named A New Hope.

Now, I've seen retro posters of the film, and they say a NEW HOPE on them. So, I dunno.

But, IF I'm wrong.....call me crazy.....but maybe the Star Wars name changed AFTER it was RE-Mastered it had tons of overhaul digital changes (like having Jabba in A NEW HOPE, and of course....the ****ed up Greedo shoots first controversy, wtf were they thinking....?)

So, unless Batman Begins gets re-mastered........20 years from now........I don't see it getting changed.

I think it will be BATMAN:DARK KNIGHT like the Star Wars films.Otherwise people won't know what it is.

I told a friend,who's not that in toBatman,what the new movie is called and he thought It was Dark Nights...like Boogie Nights or something.

It will surely have to have BATMAN in the title.

Well, the Dark Knight tag is as famous and known as The Dynamic Duo tag. So, I doubt there will be any confusion.

Besides, when you go to the theater......you just gotta say "Batman" and boom, they'll know what you mean even IF it doesn't have Batman in the title. And commercials will let you know it's Batman as well. So, nothing to worry about I'd say.

Style 92 said:
Dusk. Beginning of night. Get a flipping dictionary.

Which is why I think it's a bad idea.

Batman Begins gives a pretty obvious meaning to its setting. It's the beginning of a story. With a motif like that, a title having anything to do with "Dusk" kind of incenuates that it's nearing the end.

I don't want a new title. Movies are what they were, titles should never change. And that's why I hate what they did to the ol' Star Wars triology. They're not Ep. IV, V or VI damn s**t.

They're Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, The Return of the Jedi. And that's what they'll be forever to me!

exactly. I'll scorn someone who would Empire Strikes Back by Episode V or whatever the number is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"