The Dark Knight They should retroactively rename Batman Begins as...

at least they didn't call it Batman Year One. i mean that was great from the title but you have to be your own thing. and besides Batman and Batman Returns. i mean since their big thing was that they're starting over and not connected with those it would have made sense not to use the same style title, but what are ya gonna do. renaming is a no go. maybe they did it because they wanted to keep it kind of familiar to people who aren't fanboys but are just the regular movie going public

While I am in favor of the concept that Batman Begins was a fairly sucky title, it wasn't so sucky it demands a rename.

Style 92 said:
Bad idea for the movie? maybe. This thread being closeworthy? nowhere near to it.
So step off.

step off?

why don't you step up?

Hey...let's step back on.....the subject...wasn't that quick and easy? lol sorry. I don't think Batman Begins merits a rename...we already started a new franchise, it's a little nitpicky to just go back and start changing things of the one that set off a FANTASTIC franchise...but if it were possible to actually kill a movie...Batman and Robin would be six feet under now

no other movie to my knowledge, except Stars Wars, has ever been renamed to fit in more with it's sequels..... on top of being stupid, all it would accomplish is the WB getting more money.... why don't the rename Jurassic Park.... The Lost World, and then rename the sequels, The Lost Word parts 2 and 3.... or they could rename FF, how bout The Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom.... sounds more like the sequel now....... screw it, call all the movies in the Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, parts 1 through 4.........

I understand what your saying, that it may flow better.... heck, when you go to Best Buy to buy Batman DVDs, now you have to look in the B section, and the D section......... I got a feeling that this is a working tittle..... I willing to bet, that this movie will be called... Batman: The Dark Knight...... just for marketing sake

We all know Warner Bros. will call it Batman: The Dark Knight anyway.

they better atleast change the sequels title to Batman:The Dark Knight, you can't market a batman movie without batman in the bloody title, thats sucide. only a select few people even know batman buy his nickname "the dark knight". Its not like the "Man of steel" ,where eveybody knows thats Superman. Im sure Warner brothers will market the movie as Batman:The Dark Knight though.

who said that eros? was it suicide when they called the star wars sequel the return of the jedi and not star wars 2 or star wars: the return of the jedi? HELL NO.

u just need to get used 2 it...

It was called Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Style 92 said:
The Dark Knight Begins, or The Dark Knight Dusk, or something like that.

Because making the next one The Dark Knight is a really good idea. It's way of differentiating the new Nolan/Bale continuity from the old Burton Schumacker continuity. Think about it. Someone says Batman movie, you think the first four. Someone says Dark Knight movie, you think the new ones. Cool, huh?

So, Begins should be given a new title to bring it more inline with the new naming scheme, (because, frankly, the title is inline with the old naming scheme.)

Its not the label of Nolan's trilogy that will matter, its the content.

i.e. - The Matrix trilogy. Cool titles, sucky sequels.

WHY THE HELL SHOULD PEOPLE RENAME MOVIES... This IS the most stupid thing filmmakers and studios have "introduced"...

Style 92 said:
yes, it suits it. But it also makes it sound like a prequal to the burton schumacker franchise.

I think thats more of Schumachers fault and lesser Burtons fault for morphing their films so much that anything someone does in the future looks loosely connected, but i think if people watch Begins and hear the crews stance on it, theyll figure it out.

I saw one of the first Begins interviews on tv with Morgan Freeman and he said that its "brand new".

I can't believe this thread served three pages!

fabman said:
who said that eros? was it suicide when they called the star wars sequel the return of the jedi and not star wars 2 or star wars: the return of the jedi? HELL NO.

u just need to get used 2 it...

Of course everyone knows Return of the Jedi NOW....

Check the 1983 advertising....Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.

Star-Wars-Episode-VI---Return-of-the-Jedi-Poster-C10134532.jpeg

jedi_poster.jpg

JokerNick said:
no other movie to my knowledge, except Stars Wars, has ever been renamed to fit in more with it's sequels.....

Raiders of the Lost Ark is now called Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

B00003CXC5.01.PT01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54672635_.jpg

I see no problem with calling it Batman: The Dark Knight. Big deal, they're making sure the GENERAL PUBLIC knows what this movie is...I know...the dark knight title is basically reserved to Batman...but you know there are some people who won't know...uninformed people but people in general...besides...it'll be better than having it called this: The Dark Knight - Oh, by the way, this is Batman II!

Roegele: There was this little Star Wars trademark with it, Batman's TM is the Bat symbol. But if you've ever watched the movie (I think you have ;)) you can clearly see it's just The Return of the Jedi. And in trailers they didn't call it Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi. They just included that TM for the print campaign... (please don't mess with a Star Wars fan -- just the old movies -- don't care for anything else Star Wars related, I'm not a SW nerd, I just really liked the movies).

Roegele: It's still called Raiders of the Lost Ark, watch the DVD. They just used the Indy TM for the cover and menues...

I like it when a trilogy has different types of names each sorta like, that clint eastwood trilogy fistful of dollars, a few dollars more, the good the bad the ugly. It sorta brings class to the trilogy, every movie feels like a movie on its own, a classic in its own right. i dont know how to really explain it i hope someone knows what im trying to say. Id also hope they give the third title a drastic change in title too.

oh and in 2009 if they decide to put all three of them in an hd dvd boxset, make it a swank black box with just the bat symbol on the front, and calling it the dark knight trilogy. theres my 23rd b-day present!

changing the name of a successful movie so much time after its release is a godawful marketing mistake.

the general movie goer wont know what it is.
and there would be 999 threads entitled "Is bb and tdkb the same movvie?!?!" and "whats the dif between bb and tdkb??!"

Kevin Roegele said:
We all know Warner Bros. will call it Batman: The Dark Knight anyway.

No they won't. Nolan will see to that.

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Well, you dared me......and like Michael J. Fox, McFly....something McFly, I don't "chicken out".

It was always named A New Hope.

Now, I've seen retro posters of the film, and they say a NEW HOPE on them. So, I dunno.

You're wrong:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_IV:_A_New_Hope

Wikipedia said:
Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, originally released as simply Star Wars, is a 1977 science fantasy film written and directed by George Lucas. It was the first film to be released in the Star Wars saga, and the fourth in terms of internal chronology. Among fans, the title is commonly abbreviated as "ANH".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"