Things You Want To See With This Reboot That Never Has Been Done Before?

I thought James Marsters did a great job in his performance as Brainiac and Brainiac 5. He was super intelligent, manipulative and very versatile . He was portrayed brilliantly imo.
He deserved better. I believe James could have done well in the role.

I'd like to see him stop a train ( but not Hancock style tho, that would instantly kill everyone onboard )

Superman is flying overhead out west.
He hears an explosion. He looks down and sees a smoldering crater in a train track at least 70' in diameter.

He looks down the tracks and sees a mile long freight train fast approaching at over 60 mph.

The conductor and engineer don't see the danger, and couldn't stop in time even if they did.

Superman flies down, matches the trains speed, places his hands in a good position, and gradually applies pressure to the front of the engine.

Nothing happens, at first.

He adds more pressure, then a little more.
He plants his feet and rocks and wood fly.
The train then starts to shudder.

The conductor and engineer suddenly hear alarms blair from the onboard computer system.
The entire train shudders.

"Brake now, Danger ahead" the alarm warns, but both are thrown off their feet at the force of superman's strength before they can apply the brakes.
It's much too late for brakes anyway. It would take over a mile and a half to stop in normal conditions at this speed, and they have a little over a half a mile to the crater.

Superman's hands sink into the metal on the front of the engine. It groans loudly in protest, but it starts to gradually slow.

It's down to 50 mph......

The conductor tries to stand and desperately reaches for the brakes, but he is again thrown off his feet at another powerful shudder that passes through the train.

40 mph......

All the cross ties on the tracks break and fly up from superman's feet sliding against them.....
he starts to sink.

30 mph.......

He creates two trenches from where his feet are planted over half a mile long and nearly a foot deep.

Superman looks back.The crater is fast approaching. He pushes harder.

25 mph......

He now applies even more pressure and his arms sink into the metal further, it's now up to his elbows.
The whole train groans and creaks at the added pressure.

15 mph.....

10 mph.....

The train slows and finally stops with a loud metal sigh, mere feet from the huge hole in the tracks caused by the explosion.

Silence follows. Dust feels the air.

The engineer and conductor stand. They cut the power and jump down from the train.
They have no idea what just happened.

They then see Superman walk out of the dust cloud and they're confused.
They then see the huge hole a few feet away in the tracks and breath a sigh of relief.
Lots of thank yous then follow.

Superman makes sure everyone is OK.
We then hear sirens approaching from off in the distance.
He smiles and flies up and off.

Last edited:
I thought James Marsters did a great job in his performance as Brainiac and Brainiac 5. He was super intelligent, manipulative and very versatile . He was portrayed brilliantly imo.
I liked Marsters on SV, but I’d hardly call that a great adaptation of the character.

I’ll tell you what, though, I really thought Marsters was an underrated Lex in Superman: Doomsday.

I was reading Grant Morrison’s action comics last night and I really love the scene they wrote with Lara only just escaping from Kandor on the day Brainiac took it. That might be a fun way to open the movie

I was reading Grant Morrison’s action comics last night and I really love the scene they wrote with Lara only just escaping from Kandor on the day Brainiac took it. That might be a fun way to open the movie

I love seeing Krypton full of color and strange fashion, It's a great reason to explain why Supes alien suit looks the way it does. (I still like home made suit but it's just one way of explaining it)

Yeah I’m trying to decide if I want that 1950s kind of art deco style for Krypton or Metropolis

Since legacy will be inspired in part by allstar superman I would love to see a superman whos incredibly smart and whoever the villain ends up being I want superman to use his intellect to beat him like he did with lex and the gravity gun in allstar.

Yeah I loved that but. Morrison just writes such a good superman

I don't know where it would fit in but I went to bed and had this vision of Supes purposely falling from the sky, he isn't flying he is just feeling Earths gravity take him down, he does this to feel the strength and power of the earth all while knowing he can ultimately fly off at the end.

His arms would be out straight horizontally, his hair blowing in the wind, his cape fluttering above him and he just has his eyes closed and smiling as he feels the gravity of the Earth pull him down and then at the last minute he puts his arms back by his sides and sweeps buck up into the air.

it would be awesome to see supes fighting solaris but I doubt well get that in this. Then again gunn directed suicide squad were the final villain is a giant star fish

Yeah I could really see Solaris appearing. But they would probably need another villain or villains like intergang for a more grounded approach until the big fight at the end

I really don't want Supes to have the magic aura power where he can lift anything from any point and it doesn't bend or break. I find it so lazy and boring, I would rather watch him have to use his smarts about how objects work and have to move around to stop it from snapping in half.

Supes should be the only one breaking physics not the objects around him.

Most definitely. For instance, if he grabbed a bumper of a car to lift it up, it would bend or break.
A large ship would snap in half if he lifted it from the middle.

The boots and jeans Superman leaping through fogs of Metropolis( similar to those shots of San Francisco when only the highest buildings and bridges break through)

I wanna see Supes use his heat vision like a gun, taking down multiple drones or whatever they may be be in a quick bam bam bam manner. John Wick got into my head!

Damn it this thread is dead also.

Anyway I was going to say it would be fun to bring back Supes power of being able to throw his voice. I can almost see it working and having some good comedic value (not to laugh at but to laugh with).

Damn it this thread is dead also.

Anyway I was going to say it would be fun to bring back Supes power of being able to throw his voice. I can almost see it working and having some good comedic value (not to laugh at but to laugh with).

What do you mean by throw his voice? I'm not sure I'm familiar with this power but very curious.

What do you mean by throw his voice? I'm not sure I'm familiar with this power but very curious.
Sort of like a ventriloquist but more super, he can make it sound as if a voice was coming from somewhere else.

A key to the fortress that only he can lift.
( weighing several thousand tons )

Supes Shaving using a mirror and heat vision.

An ulta intelligent, serious Lex, that's also bald and intimidating.

No goofy villain(s) that tell the hero "but before I kill you and take over the world, let me tell you my plans........."

Last edited:
I don't want any made up new characters. I always get thrown off when I hear a random new name. There should be enough characters in the DC universe that no one new needs to be created.

Will this happen? I doubt it, but it would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"