• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Thor 2 Villains?

I'd love to see Surtur in all his demonic glory, I think you'd probably have to go all with casting, for some reason I could picture Robert DeNiro..

I like the idea of Mikkelsen as Malekith, but I hope the Enchantress still plays a role in the movie. She doesn't have to be the villain, just another antagonist.

I agree, Enchantress and Skurge could be Malekith's "cohorts" while he would be the actual "main villain".

Mangog could be interesting. Adds some development and ambiguity for Odin too.

I agree, Enchantress and Skurge could be Malekith's "cohorts" while he would be the actual "main villain".
Skurge can be a very 1 dimensional villain if done wrong, the more I think of it, I'm not sure if I want him to appear in Thor 2.
A duo, consisting of Amora and Malekith, on the other hand, would be new (can't remember them pairing up in the comics) and could go in so many directions...

Skurge can be a very 1 dimensional villain if done wrong, the more I think of it, I'm not sure if I want him to appear in Thor 2.
A duo, consisting of Amora and Malekith, on the other hand, would be new (can't remember them pairing up in the comics) and could go in so many directions...

Skurge is Amora's sidekick/bodyguard. Hell, he doesn't even need lines. If Enchantress is in the film, Skurge is, too. They go together like Peaches 'n' Cream.

Skurge is Amora's sidekick/bodyguard. Hell, he doesn't even need lines. If Enchantress is in the film, Skurge is, too. They go together like Peaches 'n' Cream.

Clearly :word:

Skurge is around to protect Amora from physical threats and show us just how much of a seductress she can be.

Unless he's... not :oldrazz:

Clearly :word:

Skurge is around to protect Amora from physical threats and show us just how much of a seductress she can be.

Yeah, isn't he inherently kind of one dimensional? I admittedly don't know much about him, in depth at least.

Unless he's... not :oldrazz:

If he isn't, Imma call Surtur down to open up a can of fire giant whupass on Taylor.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Mads actually *being* Skurge, after all --- they may have a slightly different take on Skurge that makes him more than a musclehead bodyguard. I'd still say the most *likely* candidate for someone of Mads' look and persona is still Malekith, but who knows.

Eh, he's a cool character who obviously had an incredibly epic moment but I doubt there will be time to set up said moment on film so I'm cool with no Executioner. Just as I'm cool with no Balder.

Yeah, isn't he inherently kind of one dimensional? I admittedly don't know much about him, in depth at least.

Not really. He always seemed a bit cowardly until his big noble death. I don't think that is enough to call him deep but it was Simonson so its automatically deified by Thor fans. It was definitely tragic.

Amora and no Executioner?

**** NOOOOOOOOOO!

Colm Feore was Laufey and he was completely covered with makeup, unrecognizable. Mikkelsen could be anybody of the rogue gallery.

He was also pretty "one dimesional", not every bad guy has to be layered villains like Loki or Magneto.

It definately isn't going to be Desak, you really have some "out there" speculations CS.

Yeah, Desak is incredibly obscuro, not to mention has some 90s cheese factor to him (yes, I realize he was an 00s creation.)

Yeah, Desak is incredibly obscuro, not to mention has some 90s cheese factor to him (yes, I realize he was an 00s creation.)

Plus he's one of King Thor's enemies, so regular Thor wouldn't stand a chance against him.

We know Thor's going to be on Earth sometime during the film, so who would want to see Absorbing Man, The Wrecking Crew or Grey Gargoyle??

Surtur for Thor 3 please....

Since Alan Taylor of Game of Thrones is directing Thor 2 perhaps 7 foot tall Conan Stevens could play the Executioner now he is now longer on Game of Thrones:

10XS0DG2tJ1bWdLkhT79XW8ommT212-e1291190890757.jpeg

HBO-landing-page.jpg

Mads I think will be Malekith the Dark Elf which hopefully will involve the Casket of Ancient Winters and preview Surtur coming in Thor 3 to sack Asgard! :wow:

Since Alan Taylor of Game of Thrones is directing Thor 2 perhaps 7 foot tall Conan Stevens could play the Executioner now he is now longer on Game of Thrones:

HBO-landing-page.jpg

Mads I think will be Malekith the Dark Elf which hopefully will involve the Casket of Ancient Winters and preview Surtur coming in Thor 3 to sack Asgard! :wow:
I could go for Stevens as Executioner.

Lol, Ironically, I like the guy who plays Sandor Clegane for Executioner now. Sure he isn't 7ft tall, but he is a talented actor and for people who want a physically imposing guy, he isn't no slouch at 6'6.

got_violent_4.gif

HBO-landing-page.jpg

tumblr_lob7hphZRl1qf98ij.gif