• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

World Thor: The Animated Series

I'm loving these micro-episodes. Is it normal for Loki to have a spear though? I was under the impression it wasn't. It's reminding me of the spear that he gets/has in the movie.

Also, My Brother, My Enemy should probably be watched before Isle of Silence.
heh thanks Cresent. I posted in a hurry an I'm beat right now I'll get it later.

Yes he does. He had a Knife hidden in a cave with a curse on it. Pym and
Wasp were in this story forget the book but a human finds the knife and bad things happen to this guy in the end.
Here's what I have of Loki's knife. that's the cursed guy in the pic
lokisdagger.jpg

Question, was Thor getting a series of his own at some point or just a dtv? Is that still happening?

I heard talk of both a series and a DTV.

The DTV is still getting made, I believe. It's called Thor: Tales of Asgard and is based on the Thor: Son of Asgard comic series, which featured Thor as the godly equivalent of a teenager working his way up to being worthy of Mjolnir with Balder and Sif as his companions.

The series, on the other hand, was supposed to follow an adult but still relatively early (i.e. before coming back down to Earth and joining the Avengers and all that) Thor. But I haven't heard a single word about that since the very early announcements, and now Marvel/Disney seem to be putting all of their marketing power behind the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes series instead, so I have a sneaking suspicion that the Thor solo series has been canceled.

Are you sure???

Tales Of Asgard is suppose to be out by 2009 on DVD.

And still nothing.

What happened to it??

Surely with his feature film and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes in full swing this should have came out.

They moved the release of Tales of Asgard back to be closer to the release of the live-action movie, last I heard.

So noone has any news when the movie is coming out more or less? @_@

Nope, Nothing that I've heard Drz.

I'm guessing the release will be sometime in May to coincide with the release of the Thor film. It'd be nice if they gave us the date though.

If the movie does well, i'm willing to bet an animated series will soon follow...

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/115/1151624p1.html

Lol such a cheesy tagline "before the hammer came the sword!". I'd love to see the prequel: "before the sword came breast feeding!" Still fantastic to see this finally coming out! <3 Day 1 purchase easily. =)

I hope it's good, but I'm not expecting it to be. I will buy it regardless, of course.

The Tales of Asgard looks terrible! I hate the idea of the sword and most of all I hate and always did Dragon Ball Z style animation, that is terrible! For all the good Japan has done for animation this style has really turned me off.

They could've done so much better with a Thor animated DVD. Using American style animation with some of the biggest storylines in Thor comics history we could have got a better animated movie.

just adding that link because of the added art. :D

Just to let you all know it's out on the web now... I'll be waiting for the DVD though!

saw it the other day, i liked some of it and it was pretty good. won't go into detail till it's released though.

I liked it, there were more adult parts in the film than I thought there would be.
LOVE the score by Guy Michelmore, wish there was a cd with his work.

Movie was awful. Seriously, why does Marvel continue to make these movies with teenage superheroes with they have such a vast library of characters/stories to pull from? None of the characters were portrayed properly, and honestly, the plot was completely pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"