World MUST read Thor Series and Trades

Vartha

Mod of Thunder
Reaction score
PERSONALLY I think one should start with these,

1. Tales of Asgard: the five issue mini series reprints of Lee/Kirby's stories of Thor's Boyhood gathered into six issues with modern color and Coipel covers!

2. Ages of Thunder: the tale of how Thor became banished from Asgard. Matt Fraction adapts actual old Norse Myth to tell this story.

3. Thor Blood Oath: a Classic Thor story set in the Lee/Kirby by Omeing and Kolins with Thor and the Warriors Three traveling to different pantheons around the world with Thor only allowed to use Mjolnir to travel from dimension to dimension.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I was wondering what I need to read to get caught up for the movie.

SOME of the First draft was much like some of the Ages of Thunder Trade or if you find the single issue the Thor/Man of War one-shot.

Protosevich who wrote the first draft was a huge Tales of Asgard fan, and if you can find the first draft you can see he was when you read Stan's stories.

Last edited:
Some of the best Thor stories in my opinion are the ones by Walt Simmonson. His run was amazing. It isn't a must read before the movie type of thing, but it is entertaining none the less.

Simonson's run is still definitely the best Thor's had. I'm also partial to Jurgens' King Thor Saga. First really big push of Thor's character forward in forever.

For a really fun read, check out Thor Vikings..it is out of print but man, it is a great story :woot:

Yeah, it's good. Not at all appropriate for children, though. At all.

I so wish Walt would return tho. He said on the Alvaro Thor boards that he has FILES of Thor stories. I'm sure with a bit of an upgrade he can use them today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"