• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels Time for him to Retire...

Spideys Sister

Civilian
Reaction score
People. I say this as a hard working fan of the Webhead, but he needs to say bye bye and hand his webs over to his daughter and start and all new Spider-Girl movie. No offense to Tobey lovers.
:spidey:

I actually think it would be interesting for Spidey to die and have MJ be pregnant with a son who ends up having spider-powers himself, but that would just be stupid at this point in the franchise. Wait until the 6th and final film. I mean as different as it is from the comics, it would be completely original to have the main character die in a superhero movie.

No, it aint original anymore. Think of "Hero" and "The Matrix: Revolutions".

People. I say this as a long-time reg of these forums, but this person "Spideys Sister" is known to me from another forum, and if you think this thread is silly you ain't seen nothing yet.

Prepare yourselves for an onslaught of bubbleheaded non-thought, the likes of which you have not seen in many a moon. What's going on now in Spoilers will pale by comparison... As proof of what I say, I present the concept of this thread.

Spideys Sister said:
People. I say this as a hard working fan of the Webhead, but he needs to say bye bye and hand his webs over to his daughter and start and all new Spider-Girl movie. No offense to Tobey lovers.

You are just very, very stupid aren't you?

What a moronic idea. I'd call it crap but it sullies the good name of crap.

tonytr1687 said:
I actually think it would be interesting for Spidey to die and have MJ be pregnant with a son who ends up having spider-powers himself, but that would just be stupid at this point in the franchise. Wait until the 6th and final film. I mean as different as it is from the comics, it would be completely original to have the main character die in a superhero movie.

Kirsten is that you?

AME said:
No, it aint original anymore. Think of "Hero" and "The Matrix: Revolutions".

Those aren't superhero movies. In the superhero genre we've never seen a franchise end where the hero dies instead of going off to save the day once again.

LarryLegend said:
Kirsten is that you?

Seriously what's so wrong with that idea? If it's done right if could make for some compelling drama in the last film. Now if they decide to stop at 3 or 4 then no. But if they go all the way to 6 I think it would be a neat ending to such a long franchise.

Spideys Sister said:
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: OH BOY YEAH! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:<------

How can you dump Peter Parker? It's not just Super Powers that make a superhero you know. PP is the best comic book alter ego of all time.

tonytr1687 said:
Seriously what's so wrong with that idea? If it's done right if could make for some compelling drama in the last film. Now if they decide to stop at 3 or 4 then no. But if they go all the way to 6 I think it would be a neat ending to such a long franchise.

Well, for me; i wouldn't really consider 6 films a "long franchise"....certainly not compared to James Bond or Star Trek. I personally feel that there's still a plethora of characters (both good & villainous) and storylines worth adapting, that could easily keep the sequels fresh and interesting beyond 6 films...

I wouldn't mind an animated Spider-Girl movie though. Kind of what Marvel and LGF are doing with Avengers this February...

Wally West said:
How can you dump Peter Parker? It's not just Super Powers that make a superhero you know. PP is the best comic book alter ego of all time.
This is the point I've been arguing for a while; what makes a superhero-any superhero-intriguing is the person behind the tights. The person, not the persona. The appeal of the Spider-Man movies is Peter Parker's personal struggles, not his costumed adventures. In that regard he is irreplaceable.
And I really don't think a Spider-Girl movie would sell, anyway.

Spider-Girl?........................................ *walks off to commit suicide*

Spideys Sister said:
And how much of a fan can you be if you suggest retiring/replacing the character after two movies?:spidey:

Symbiotica said:
People. I say this as a long-time reg of these forums, but this person "Spideys Sister" is known to me from another forum, and if you think this thread is silly you ain't seen nothing yet.

Prepare yourselves for an onslaught of bubbleheaded non-thought, the likes of which you have not seen in many a moon. What's going on now in Spoilers will pale by comparison... As proof of what I say, I present the concept of this thread.

lmfao x4

Or not. And while we're at it we can bring Jean Paul Valley into the Batman movies. Let's forget about what makes superheroes interesting & REPLACE THEM ALL!!!!

that movie would suck, spider-girl takes place in a completely alternate reality, meaning that norman osborn would never have poisoned MJ's food, meaning she would have given a successful birth, which would destroy all of the ensuing sub-plots between the newly reincarnated gg and pp. Why would you destroy a comic legend to get rid of tobey macguire? If you need to get rid of tobey, do it via the coming of riochette dusk and prodigy or w.e. his name was. Then have whoever was one of those guys take his place and tobey takes that one's place. Dont destroy the relationship between gg and spiderman. This franchise hasnt even gotten to a 10th of its potenetial. I think that the producers/actors/writers/directors are viewing each marvel movie as an individual story, whereas they are in fact small events within the greater marvel universe. I think that with the next movies, we should begin to see the marvel universe taking shape because we now have several heros established:
spiderman
x-men
daredevil
fantastic four
the punisher
ghost rider (2007)
blade
and even a tentative iron man movie which may be made

all of these characters should begin to interact, further making the stories more intricate and diverse...therefore in terms of spider-girl, im answering with a qualified no, that should never occur.

Spideys Sister said:

Daughter? What daughter? Did you make Spider-Man 3 and I havent seen it yet?

Spideyssuperfan said:
that movie would suck, spider-girl takes place in a completely alternate reality, meaning that norman osborn would never have poisoned MJ's food, meaning she would have given a successful birth, which would destroy all of the ensuing sub-plots between the newly reincarnated gg and pp. Why would you destroy a comic legend to get rid of tobey macguire? If you need to get rid of tobey, do it via the coming of riochette dusk and prodigy or w.e. his name was. Then have whoever was one of those guys take his place and tobey takes that one's place. Dont destroy the relationship between gg and spiderman. This franchise hasnt even gotten to a 10th of its potenetial. I think that the producers/actors/writers/directors are viewing each marvel movie as an individual story, whereas they are in fact small events within the greater marvel universe. I think that with the next movies, we should begin to see the marvel universe taking shape because we now have several heros established:
spiderman
x-men
daredevil
fantastic four
the punisher
ghost rider (2007)
blade
and even a tentative iron man movie which may be made

all of these characters should begin to interact, further making the stories more intricate and diverse...therefore in terms of spider-girl, im answering with a qualified no, that should never occur.
Now, whiles I agree with everyone else, the threadmaker's opinion is quite ridicuous, yours appears to be equally non-sensical.

First you seem to confuse Spider-Man comic history with Spider-Man movie history. I highly doubt any instances of food poisoning, pregnancy, and even GG's reincarnation will ever happen on film. Not to mention, if a Spider-Girl film was made, it could, and probably would be, set in a completely different movie "universe."

Secondly, when you speak of Marvel merging it's movie franchises together - with crossovers or whatever - it's simply impossible for the foreseeable future; Marvel's many film properties are owned by various different production studios. Studios who I highly doubt would even consider jointly produced films to be made - or any form of crossover.

For now, Spider-Man is in a completely different universe than X-Men and Punisher, etc. The only crossover you could ever hope for is probably an X-Men/FF thing...but I'd doubt that'll happen either.

Spideyssuperfan said:
you dont know the comic backstory very well do you?

Maybe I should have added some Smilies so you guys wont get a wrong idea....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"