• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sequels Time for him to Retire...

CConn said:
First you seem to confuse Spider-Man comic history with Spider-Man movie history. I highly doubt any instances of food poisoning, pregnancy, and even GG's reincarnation will ever happen on film. Not to mention, if a Spider-Girl film was made, it could, and probably would be, set in a completely different movie "universe."

Shouldnt the movies tell the same story as the comic book? I agree that every detail wouldnt be the same, but the underlying story should wind up at the same resolution. If Spider-Girl the movie was made, then there wouldnt be an option for it to be set in another, parallel, universe, it would be a necessity. And I'm not 'confusing' comic history, im saying that there shouldnt even be a movie history. Spiderman is a comic, meaning that the movies should tell the same story.

CConn said:
Secondly, when you speak of Marvel merging it's movie franchises together - with crossovers or whatever - it's simply impossible for the foreseeable future; Marvel's many film properties are owned by various different production studios. Studios who I highly doubt would even consider jointly produced films to be made - or any form of crossover.

I never said they should merge the films together? as i recall, what i said was

'I think that the producers/actors/writers/directors are viewing each marvel movie as an individual story, whereas they are in fact small events within the greater marvel universe. I think that, with the next movies, we should begin to see the marvel universe taking shape'

I think that the marvel universe, should take shape, in the next movies. I missed where i said that the films should be merged together. I merely said that the films should take place within a singular, unified 'world'--meaning that the appearance of other heros isnt necessary, but there can be references, cant there? :confused: Thats all i was trying to say.

CConn said:
For now, Spider-Man is in a completely different universe than X-Men and Punisher, etc. The only crossover you could ever hope for is probably an X-Men/FF thing...but I'd doubt that'll happen either.

Why just fantastic four and the x-men? :(

Paragraph 1-sorry, but I disagree. Not only has that NEVER happened, (Joker killing Batman's parents, for example) but it can't & it shouldn't. What's the point in comic fans seeing the movies if they already know how it's gonna turn out. It should be faithful to the source material, yes, but the screenwriters shouldn't be handcuffed by it. Hell, so many comics are intertwined that only a crossover could make them tell the same story. Like Wolverine: His introduction to the Marvel universe was a mission to take down the hulk. Obviously they can't do that on film.
The answer to paragraphs 2 & 3 is the same; because the rights to the Marvel properties are split up amongst various film studios who AREN'T willing to share, there can never be a unified "world" of Marvel heroes on film. FF & X-Men is the only slight posssibility b/c they both belong to Fox. If we saw webbing on the wall of the Baxter Building Columbia would sue the $#%@ out of Fox.

Yeah, that about covers it. Thanks, Chris.

Though, I should mention something I forget previously, Marvel is starting up their own studio, and they'll be making an Avengers film and tons of others ones I can't recall at the moment :-)o), now those films have at least a chance of cross overs (obviously, an Avengers film would be a crossover), mentions, homages, however you want to say it. They may all be in the same "universe." If Marvel decides to go that way. But it just won't happen for the characters already on loan to differing studios.

killing spider-man would be stupid, and spider-man is not going to retire just so somebody else can save people. Hello? did you not see spider-man 2? Spider-Man never goes looking for trouble, he just refuses to watch somebody die, when he knows he can save them.

It's called "With Great Power comes great Responsbility!"

Spideys Sister said:
People. I say this as a hard working fan of the Webhead, but he needs to say bye bye and hand his webs over to his daughter and start and all new Spider-Girl movie. No offense to Tobey lovers.
:spidey:

So, what you're saying is, we drop generations of spider-man mythos for a lesser-title? So many decades of excellent stories from then to now, all dropped for spider-girl? Do you know how dumb this sounds?

Most, if not all repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid to read. Some people are has-beens. You are a never-was. Please try to have some small idea of what in the hell you're talking about before you try to post again.

Thankyou, take care and remember to reach for that star!

Didn't much care for the Spidergirl series..infact where did baby May go after she was given to Alison..it's like she just evaperated into thin air..was there a series of books I missed?.. Any way I think they should definatly avoid the entire clone thing..How can Peter be smart enough to be a scientist but be so silly as to think that he was the clone :S

The Spider-Girl story is an alternate timeline. As for the Clone Saga, he was duped into thinking he was the clone by a scientist who was a genetics expert. He rigged the equipment & the Peters ran the tests themselves.

well peter can't be spidey forever. This is how the story will continue after spidey retires. If sony wants to do that story, that'd be ok with me.

Yes he can! It's a fictional story, so they don't have to age him! How long did the Peanuts gang stay little kids? Snoopy should've died decades ago! There is no reason to replace him at all. Spider-Man has always been the story of Peter Parker, plain & simple. We do not need "Spider-Man Beyond".

I'll challenge you on that. When spidey comics sales are low, spidey will change, unlike peanuts which isn't being sold like spidey.

Long story short, in the 70's one of his enemies cloned him-same face, same powers, same memories-& pitted them against each other. The clone was supposedly killed in an explosion & that was supposed to be the end of it. Then in '94 (5 years later in comic book time)someone got the brilliant idea to not only bring him back, but spin it so that the Peter we knew & loved was the actual clone & the other one-who'd taken to calling himself Ben Reilly-was ther real deal. Peter retired, Ben took over-& fans were outraged. It was a disaster. Moves like this led to marvel's late 90's bankruptcy & the first thing they did to set things right was get rid of the clone.

i liked the clone saga idea, but it just got too confusing in the end.

That's not what I'm saying guys, what I'm saying is
A) these guys only wanted to do 3 or 4 movies. What happens when the movies stop. Very bored and upset fans.
B) These fans want to see something spidey related before we have remakes of the movie in 13 years.
C) They're going to most likely show Peter and Harry fighting in the end like the comic, Peter kills harry and looses his leg in the process. It'll eventually have ppl who have read the Spider-Girl series thinking they'll be a Spidergirl movies. Rumors will start and with no more Spidey movies, they'll turn to Spider-Girl.

That's what I'm saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"