To me My X-men - The MCU Director Thread

Let's be honest, it's not going to be a name. Probably someone who's already worked with them.

I know it’s a cliche to always suggest the “it” thing but what about One Piece’s Steven maeda for a director?

- he obviously loves geeky stuff
- he’s great with promoting a diverse cast
- he knows how to world build and marvel love their tv talent
- he knows how to do the small character driven moments as much as the big epic action set pieces

He's not a director, though. He's a writer/producer. Were you happy with Kinsberg getting an X-film as his first directing gig?

I mean that’s comparing apples with oranges but I think he deserves a shot. Lots of directors start as producers

I mean that’s comparing apples with oranges but I think he deserves a shot. Lots of directors start as producers

Is it? It is no different than Kurtzman or Kinberg or I'm sure a bunch of others whose names have drifted off. He hasn't even directed an episode of his own show. And yet, you want to give him his first shot at directing on a big budget blockbuster? It makes no sense.

Alfonso Cauron would be my pick. Though obviously won't happen. I picked him because Prisoner of Azkaban is one of the best Harry Potter films. Gravity also had some amazing visuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"