Sequels Creatives for the MCU X-men

I like that idea too.

Can't think of anyone more perfect. He can handle the weird side of Sci Fi, can write stories that tackle questions of morality, he doesn't hold that audience hands just drags us thru the story. Really Intelligent filmaker. Plus he can do fun as well. He checks all boxes. Also he can keep budget down. The way he uses cgi is impressive

I wonder if Justin Lin would do it? Great action director, someone a bit different, can do colourful kookiness because of Star Trek and even worked with the Russo’s on community. He would be perfect!

Plus he can handle big casts. That’s important

I feel like JJ Abrams would be able to make a great X-Men movie. I feel like that's an unpopular opinion though.

I would be cool with JJ Abrams. Justin Lin doesn't seem like a picky director, so he would say yes, if he's approached by FoX.

I feel like JJ Abrams would be able to make a great X-Men movie. I feel like that's an unpopular opinion though.

apparently Fox called him, but he wasnt interested.
and thats why we ended with Kinberg. talk about a drastic difference lol

Julie Taymor for a spin-off movie, maybe a Dazzler musical.

A lot of people seem to be raving about Boots Riley after he made ‘sorry to bother you’. I haven’t seen it yet but from the trailer he does look like he would make an amazing xmen film and marvel do love their indie directors

I would be cool with JJ Abrams. Justin Lin doesn't seem like a picky director, so he would say yes, if he's approached by FoX.

I haven't realy liked star wars lately.

Also, does "XMen here we go again" really sound like a potential filM title?

I could see the MCU xmen being called Uncanny X-men, definitely

First Class had the best screenplay of any superhero team film, but it passed through several hands so I don't know who to credit it's excellence to.
I like the idea of the Duffers as directors. Maybe they should let Joss Whedon write the screenplay, but he can't be trusted to direct a CGI blockbuster after Ultron. :/

I consider Whedon and James Gunn to be the best writers the MCU has had, but in Whedon's case I don't think he's a good enough director. Ideally I would want him to write the script but let someone else like Brad Bird direct it.

Last edited:
I could see the MCU xmen being called Uncanny X-men, definitely

That title must at least have a shot. Although maybe they’ll think not enough people will know what uncanny means lol.

hey i was just teasing a bit!

I had a theory Thanos' snap could be reverted by bringing to life the half of the population that he culled at random and then spreading his ridiculous amount of power among some of that population by integrating that power into human DNA, thereby giving birth to.. mutants. It makes sense because, until now, Marvel's superheroes have been soldiers who save the day and they're well received by mankind. But having people with strange abilities appearing all over the world would cause a lot of fear and confusion and would make people hate them because they are dangerous, unregistered, untrained and "mutants", just like the X-Men are in the comics.

So I like something like what Psylockolossus said, X-Men Begin because you have to somehow introduce an entire population of superpowered beings into the MCU. However, for the sequel they'd need a plot to work with like X-Men Apocalypse, Days of Future Past, Messiah complex, etc. I like when they base their titles on a comic book story although of course I have no idea what stories they're planning to work with. They gave us Vulture for their first Spiderman film and that's a villain we'd never seen ont he big screen.

Last edited:
That title must at least have a shot. Although maybe they’ll think not enough people will know what uncanny means lol.

People didn’t know what infinity war meant too but they sure do now!

People didn’t know what infinity war meant too but they sure do now!

I meant they might be worried that people don’t know what the word uncanny means lol. I think most people know what the words infinity and war mean, even if they had no idea what Marvel’s Infinity War was. Do you remember the title changes to Harry Potter from Philosopher’s to Sorceror’s Stone? :woot:

Yeah that was weird. Oh well, it’s a good opportunity to enhance people’s vocab lol

I meant they might be worried that people don’t know what the word uncanny means lol. I think most people know what the words infinity and war mean, even if they had no idea what Marvel’s Infinity War was. Do you remember the title changes to Harry Potter from Philosopher’s to Sorceror’s Stone? :woot:
Uncanny is fine. The title "Days of Future Past" sounds confusing as hell, but the movie still did well. I don't think audiences put a lot of stock in titles TBH.

I consider Whedon and James Gunn to be the best writers the MCU has had, but in Whedon's case I don't think he's a good enough director. Ideally I would want him to write the script but let someone else like Brad Bird direct it.

Yes I think Mr Whedon should be involved in the writing, but the one driving the overall creative effort in Disney should have the final say.

And I think they need to junk the old classic characters and replace with the ones from the Whedon era, but maybe include Cyclops and Emma Frost as the main couple, and pretend Jean Grey never existed. I could tolerate Wolverine some more, so long as he is cast as the tiny stocky runt he is supposed to be.

Oh I don’t think Whedon is a good fit. There’s a good opportunity to go towards the future and Whedon has had his time. Seriously if Whedon got it there would be eye rolls everywhere

Before I kinda want them to use the Uncanny X-Men as a title, but thinking about it: X-Men: Insert Subtitle works better as a film title. Less cheesy sounding, more formal. Like to me, Incredible Hulk and Amazing Spider-Man should have just dropped the adjective.

Yeah, I think you have a point. These titles roll off the tongue better (for the GA in particular) and sound cooler without the adjectives.

I still like the idea of using xmen blue and xmen gold. That way there’s a better chance of everyone seeing their favourite x-character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"