Sequels Recasting the X-Men for the MCU

QWoods

Sidekick
Reaction score
If the X-Men are included in the MCU I personally would like an older cast of characters that are around the same age as Tony, Steve, Natasha, etc.

The only roles I wouldn't recast are those which have been established in Deadpool.

Who would you cast?

Uncanny X-Men

Mark Strong - Professor X
Joel Edgerton - Cyclops
Ruth Wilson - Jean Grey
Jeffrey Wright - Beast
Naomie Harris - Storm
Natalie Dormer - Emma Frost
Shameik Moore - Iceman
Gemma Chang - Psylocke
Antony Starr - Wolverine

Ralph Fiennes - Magneto
Tatiana Maslany - Mystique

Last edited:
Jessica Chastain - Jean Grey

Mark Strong - Professor X
Joel Edgerton - Cyclops
Ruth Wilson - Jean Grey
Jeffrey Wright - Beast
Antony Starr - Wolverine

Ralph Fiennes - Magneto
Tatiana Maslany - Mystique

lol on the last one, keep up the great work :up:

Anne Hathaway - Jean Grey
Zac Efron - Iceman
Scott Eastwood - Angel
Emily Blunt - Polaris
Rebecca Ferguson - Rogue
Byung Hun Lee - Sunfire
Kate Beckinsale - Mystique
Milla Jovovich - Selene
Michelle Rodriguez - M
Charlize Theron - Emma Frost

Last edited:
I know she gets suggested for a lot of stuff but, Hailee Steinfeld as Rogue. Talented actress, she certainly looks the part and has already proved she can do a convincing southern accent (when she was only 14... even received an Oscar nom for that role!).

Sorry to disappoint you but Dormer can't be Emma since she already played the very importart role of *checks IMDB* um, private Lorraine in The First Avenger.

Evan Rachel Wood - Rogue

Nicole Kidman - Emma Frost

I know she gets suggested for a lot of stuff but, Hailee Steinfeld as Rogue. Talented actress, she certainly looks the part and has already proved she can do a convincing southern accent (when she was only 14... even received an Oscar nom for that role!).

She doesnt look the part.

Evan Rachel Wood - Rogue

Nicole Kidman - Emma Frost

You have talent.
tho Charlize as Emma is like from comics-to screen, or made in heaven.

Psylockolosus choice as Rogue is an awesome one too, and most on the net would approve and celebrate

Yeah Charlize is the more likely choice as she's still headlining mainstream movies. I'd love her in the role too, she has more screen presence in her pinky than January.

Charlize would be like one of the best, spot on castings in the x-men movies, next to Patrick Stewart and Kelsey, imo.
and yeah, she's A-list yet, so would be huge news for Marvel Studios and would get a big role as Emma in the long run. Tho signing Charlize would mean they would need a Cyclops on the same level, talent and physically, so that would be a really hard one.

You have talent.

Psylockolosus choice as Rogue is an awesome one too, and most on the net would approve and celebrate

I am casting director extraordinaire!

I am casting director extraordinaire!

some great suggestions on your list for sure, but Anne as Jean is a hell no, same with Zac as Bobby, as hot as zac is, but that would be miscast.
Zac as northstar on other hand....... would be interesting (no joke)

Logan Lerman would be cool as Iceman.

Charlize would be like one of the best, spot on castings in the x-men movies, next to Patrick Stewart and Kelsey, imo.
and yeah, she's A-list yet, so would be huge news for Marvel Studios and would get a big role as Emma in the long run. Tho signing Charlize would mean they would need a Cyclops on the same level, talent and physically, so that would be a really hard one.

I'd cast Tom.Cruise if he was in early 40s.

I'd cast Ryan Gosling for Gambit, Emma Watson for Shadowcat, the Mulan live action actress for Jubilee, Zhang Ziyi for Psylocke, Denzel Washington for Bishop, Sofia Boutelle as Spiral, Jim.Carrey as Mojo, Jon Hamm as Sinister.

I would have suggested Tom Hardy for Wolverine but he's already playing Venom in Sony verse.

ok, too many random suggestions now lol. Ryan as Gambit? no man. he doesnt have the look or vibe.

Riz Ahmed - Nightcrawler

wait, at first I felt "mm, no" but now looking at some photos... actually it seems like a really inspired choice, I just pictured him with the blue skin, ears and all, and looks pretty close to comics Kurt :wow:

Yup he would look very comic accurate. I really dig Kodi in the role though. Don't understand why they give him pupils though. His eyes should look all yellow, like Deadpool's look all white.

in Fox universe, X-men would be around 50 years old today
If Disney reboots they 'll be younger

Yes!!! And Zac Efron as Cyclops. He's physically strong in baywatch

I wouldn't cast Naomie Harris as Storm.

They should go for a Lupita Nyong'o type. Obviously not her, because she's already in Black Panther. But someone like her. Which black actresses are there who could fit that bill?

Also, I don't want to see Mystique again for a long time. Give her character a rest.

I wonder if they'll be Spider-Man's peers or the Avengers'.

Anyways, I'll put both:

Cyclops - Ansel Elgort / Chris Pine
Jean Grey - Elle Fanning / Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Iceman - Lucas Hedges / Dave Franco
Beast - Corey Hawkins / Jeffrey Wright
Angel - Jack Lowden / Sam Claflin
Storm - Aja Naomi King / Naomi Harris
Wolverine - Jack O'Connell / Pedro Pascal
Rogue - Maika Monroe / Olivia Wilde
Gambit - Bill Skarsgard / Alexander Skarsgard

Xavier - Ralph Fiennes
Magneto - Jason Isaacs

Last edited:
How about Yvonne Strahovski for Emma Frost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"