Sequels X-Men 1 Roster (MCU)

x-er

Sidekick
Reaction score
The MCU fan cast has really crowded rosters lately. Obviously, you need a smaller team to start with, so who do you predict will make it on the team by the end of the first MCU X-Men film?
People seem to have all sorts of different ideas. I know Grace Randall likes the 80s line up.

Last edited:
Cyclops
Jean Grey
Storm
Psylocke
Rogue
Gambit
Iceman
Angel

X1 in MMXXII

Starting Main Team
Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Beast
Rogue
Psylocke

Students
Iceman (on main team by end of the film)
Kitty
Jubilee

I'm gonna save Kitty, Wolverine, Beast, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Polaris and X for the 2nd film (aka the other squad) and tease some of them in a post credits scene.

Storm
Gambit
Rogue
Psylocke
Colossus
Nightcrawler

Last edited:
that would be a pretty dope roster and unexpected (without Wolverine and Jean)
but sadly I dont see Marvel (or any studio) doing it.

but seeing Storm, Gambit, Rogue and Psylocke on the same team.... oh man, that would be such an orgasm visually/character wise/dialogue and everything.

Beast (Introduced as a Stark Industries intern in Avengers 5)
Wolverine (Introduced in Weapon X featuring the Incredible Hulk)
Storm (Introduced in Black Panther 2)
Iceman (Introduced in Spider-man and his Amazing Friends)
Firestar (Introduced in Spider-man and his Amazing Friends)
Rogue (Introduced in Captain Marvel 2)
Angel (Introduced as a street level vigilante in Uncanny X-Men)
Cyclops (Co-headmaster of Xavier's School, introduced in Uncanny X-Men)
Jean Gray (Co-headmaster of Xavier's School, introduced in Uncanny X-Men)

Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm are the only ones who I'd say are a must for the first movie.

Charles
Scott
Jean
Wolverine
Storm
Beast
Sunfire
Rogue

I would be surprised if Sunfire gets to join the film especially the first film. Though it would be so interesting to see if that happens, as I felt like the character isn't used that much in the comics as a member of the X-Men.

Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Storm, Cyclops, with Rogue (fully powered) joining by the end.

that would be a pretty dope roster and unexpected (without Wolverine and Jean)
but sadly I dont see Marvel (or any studio) doing it.

but seeing Storm, Gambit, Rogue and Psylocke on the same team.... oh man, that would be such an orgasm visually/character wise/dialogue and everything.

I know! The character interactions between those 4 would be awesome indeed. Sadly i think you're right. Marvel would never go for a team without Jean, Cyclops and probably Wolverine. Personally i am tired of Wolvie being the centre of everything, Jean was never one of my favorite X-Men but Cyke does deserve a good live action portrayal though. For me, Gambit is a must. He's my favorite X-Man and was absolutely wasted in origins. I still can't get over the fact that they introduced him in a freaking Wolverine origin story. Dude's a freaking X-Man, put him in a damn team movie already!

can I co-sing all of your points? lol

Im so tired of Wolverine too, tho I like Jean, but yeah, Gambit is kind of a priority and Cyclops too. and seeing Gambit and Rogue is, Im sure, one of the things Marvel will do, and most Rogue fans would be happy for good.

I would be surprised if Sunfire gets to join the film especially the first film. Though it would be so interesting to see if that happens, as I felt like the character isn't used that much in the comics as a member of the X-Men.

I just love him so much plus I think it’s good to add a character we haven’t seen yet. I think it would be interesting if the xmen first find out about him because the brotherhood tried to recruit him and he said no

The MCU X-Men - First Class:

Jubilee (the leader)
Dazzler
Angel
Hepzibah
Guido Carosella/Strong Guy

it will be very tricky. I personally think using those fox xmen's main character is so uninspiring and boring. (charles,magneto,jean,Cyclops,storm,Wolverine)
but looks liked needed to set the x men universe, especailly as they're known to GP.

I feel like they should throw in some X-Men that haven't been used in previous films or mainstream Tv series. I would love to see Rachel Summers in a future film and I think they could create an awesome character design for Destiny.

Aside from that I want to see:

Storm (I really want a Black Panther crossover)
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Beast
Ice man
Rogue

In my perfect MCU reboot:

Cyclops, Jean and Beast are just a bit older and more experienced, already established members of a previous X-Men team, one that has remained quiet and stealthy until now, acting from the shadows. Cyclops and Jean are the field leaders, Beast has more of a research, engineer and scientist position, usually staying back at the mansion to assist Professor X. Something big happens and now they need to put together a new team. The first movie focuses on the new team members: Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Shadowcat.

So my choice for the perfect field team roster for the new movies would be:

- Cyclops
- Jean
- Storm
- Nightcrawler
- Colossus
- Shadowcat

No Wolverine in the first movie. I'd only bring him in later (maybe even after his own solo film). I'd also give Magneto a rest for a while. Yes, I'm fully aware that the chances of them doing this without Wolverine or Magneto are slim to none. By the way, the villains I'd pick would be Mr. Sinister or the Hellfire Club.

Last edited:
thats kind of an iconic 80s roster. just without Logan.

In my case, I think Id do something like this:

Cyclops
Jean
Beast
Angel
Iceman
Storm
and Jubilee as the point of view.

basically the original five more Storm and Jubilee for diversity needs/sake (something we all know Marvel will go for). So in this case, the fans get a more faithful start, but with a 90s show nod in Storm and Jubilee, having a diverse cast in the very first movie, without the need to race bending.

I sure hope Marvel has a better notion of Storm and other X-men characters than just a character used "for diversity's sake".

And I can see them race-bending some heroes away from white like they did with Valkyrie, because X-Men and F4 is a great place to make some of the first iconic latino superheroes. At the very least one latino and please don't whitewash characters like Peter Rasputin and Betsy Braddock!!

In that case, i wouldn't even blackwash white X-Men since being white isn't a nationality or one specific culture . Rogue, Gambit, Colossus, Banshee, Wolverine for instance are all white but have different cultures. X-Men are already very diverse, i would just incorperate those kinds of characters without making a big deal out of it. let them be actual characters of merit instead of walking diversity badges. Like , even though he's more of a new mutant, I would love to see a proper Sunspot, i always thought his ability looked awesome and he could be way more powerful and popular if written well.

Last edited:
Right. My point is Storm is a character, not just a diversity token. Explore these characters for who they are not to make yourselves look good. Aside from that, I don't see why there can't be a latino hero in the Marvel films by way of racebending. That one would have an actual positive motive. Latinos haven't had a superhero yet so that's really the only case I think it's justified right now.

Here's what wikipedia says:
Tokenism is the practice of making only a perfunctory or symbolic effort to be inclusive to members of minority groups, especially by recruiting a small number of people from underrepresented groups in order to give the appearance of racial or sexual equality within a workforce.[1][2][3] The effort of including a token employee to a workforce is usually intended to create the impression of social inclusiveness and diversity (racial, religious, sexual, etc.) in order to deflect accusations of discrimination.[4] One additionally relevant term for tokenism is "hyper-tokenism". Hyper-tokenism is where a person of color has increased screen time, is involved in the plot and in promotional images, but the white characters are still the most significant characters by the end of the film.[5] Another relevant term is "ambiguously brown". Ambiguously brown characters are characters that are white-passing, but not fully white so that whatever they are cast in is not completely whitewashed.

Last edited:
There aren't many latino mutants that i know of besides Sunspot but there's Cecelia Reyes. She has interesting powers, is intelligent and can function as a doctor as well. All good qualities to expand upon.

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Storm
Beast
Colossus
And Iceman or possibly Angel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"