Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be TERRIBLE!

random_havoc

The Golden Guardian
Reaction score
There's a thread already for people who think this movie will be good, so I thought I'd make this one for people who remember how terrible the previous films were. Seeing as how this one is made by the same people I don't expect it to be any different.

It will be yet another Michael Bay movie with world class special effects and nothing else that's remotely good.

Yea. I got a little faith from Wahlberg and Grammer. But the other films had some great actors too... so yea.

Wahlberg doesn't turn films good, in fact, he can be terrible in a bad movie, like in The Happening. Either way, i disagree about the notion that people in the other thread already think the film is going to be good, i myself am expecting to be entertained by action and robot Dinossaurs, but i don't think it's going to be a good movie, i don't even think a film like this has the excuse to be so badly written, but i'm still interested in seeing the next film.

I look at it almost as a spiritual successor to the success of the Rambo sequels, they were dumb and had a weak script, yet atracted plenty of fans due to the visceral qualities of the franchise.

I'm hoping that it's not going to be terrible.

Having Wahlberg in the cast is already a bonus in my book. I can't stand Shia LaDouche and from what I've seen in the trailers and TV spots, I think this is going to be FAR better than ROTF and possibly better than DOTM.

It seems to be keeping the same type of jokes, and Wahlberg doesn't save movies, in the hapening, the film even sucked out his talent

Aside from the one joke about insurance in a tv spot, I haven't seen any other scenes that could be as bad as those horrible twins or Sam's parents.

Nobody could have saved The Happening. That was doomed from the start.

Probably, but that's sort of the point.

Aside from the one joke about insurance in a tv spot, I haven't seen any other scenes that could be as bad as those horrible twins or Sam's parents.

Nobody could have saved The Happening. That was doomed from the start.

I don't remember seeing any jokes in the DotM trailers either. The government guy with the glasses also seems like he's going to be an obnoxious figure of authority to be made fun of. I'm just saying, every trailer is like this, the appearance of a bad joke in the trailer is a sign that Bay's not changing his ways.

I think it's really silly to keep bringing up THe Happening as a discredit to Mark Wahlberg.
That was in 2008 and Wahlberg has been in so many things where people recoginzed him as a good actor. The Other Guys, The FIghter, Ted, Lone Survivor, 2 Guns all showed that Wahlberg has comedic and dramatic chops. And even before that he did The Departed, Boogie Nights, Three Kings. He did some sucky movies in that time too, but no actor has an sparkling record where they only did good-great films.

Im not saying he's a sure fire win, but to bring him down because of the Happening (or the fact that he was a rapper, which I see other people around the internet doing) is silly

Wahlberg can be great. But sometimes a sucky screenplay is a sucky screenplay and no actor will save it.

Shia LaBeeeef is a good actor too. Yea he is a raging *****e bag, but he's got talent. But his character in the sequels was just... ugh.

That's what Im saying :up:

And since the Transformers films dont have the best track record with screenplays I'm a bit nervous. But the only reason Im even excited for this one is Wahlberg.

That's what Im saying :up:

And since the Transformers films dont have the best track record with screenplays I'm a bit nervous. But the only reason Im even excited for this one is Wahlberg.

The formula that they have been using has made them lots of money so far, so if it isn't exactly broken then they don't need to fix it just yet.

I think it's really silly to keep bringing up THe Happening as a discredit to Mark Wahlberg.
That was in 2008 and Wahlberg has been in so many things where people recoginzed him as a good actor. The Other Guys, The FIghter, Ted, Lone Survivor, 2 Guns all showed that Wahlberg has comedic and dramatic chops. And even before that he did The Departed, Boogie Nights, Three Kings. He did some sucky movies in that time too, but no actor has an sparkling record where they only did good-great films.

Im not saying he's a sure fire win, but to bring him down because of the Happening (or the fact that he was a rapper, which I see other people around the internet doing) is silly

I'm not bringing him down, i'm just arguing that just because they have Wahlberg, it doesn't mean the film will good, when you have a script like this and Bay's style, not even a great actor can save it. It's not as if Shia was entirely at fault for the problems of the original Trilogy.

There's a thread already for people who think this movie will be good, so I thought I'd make this one for people who remember how terrible the previous films were.

Cause there's a huge lack of Michael Bay and Transformers hate everywhere else haha

Whoever did not enjoy the first 3 yet still shell out the cash opening night for AOE has no right to talk **** at this point. Any film that can bring a hater back three times is doing it's job.

Last edited:
Cause there's a huge lack of Michael Bay and Transformers hate everywhere else haha

Whoever thought the first three were terrible yet still shell out the cash opening night for AOE has no right to talk **** at this point. Any film that can bring a hater back three times is doing it's job.

Not realy, i've been defending the entertainment value of these films for a long time, i was even one of the first posters replying in the first part of the "TF 4 is going to be AWESOME!" thread. I enjoy to watch the action of these films, but i can also complain for the fact that they shoud be better, hell, it's the fact that we watched these films, that we have the right to complain, if we hadn't, then there would be nothing to complain at all because we wouldn't realy have a critical opinion on something we hadn't seen.

Not realy, i've been defending the entertainment value of these films for a long time, i was even one of the first posters replying in the first part of the "TF 4 is going to be AWESOME!" thread. I enjoy to watch the action of these films, but i can also complain for the fact that they shoud be better, hell, it's the fact that we watched these films, that we have the right to complain, if we hadn't, then there would be nothing to complain at all because we wouldn't realy have a critical opinion on something we hadn't seen.

You like these films for whatever reasons though. If people didn't like these flicks and think thye are terrible overalll/not entertained, then they shouln't go and support that kind of film making. It's pretty simple.

I get pissed at these films and want them to make some changes too. But theres a difference between being critical and thinking a terrible 3 film franchise will magically be something different and change on 4. Your supporting what you don't like, and have no one to blame for bad decision making but yourself for buying that ticket to a film series directed by the same exact guy who stole your cash last time.

Michael Bay will not change as a Director. We've known tht for awhile. Transformers also will not change as long as they are directed by him. People should know exactly what they are in for here. There is no excuse at this point. If someone see's this film and walks out saying "this sucked like the other three" then jokes on them. Ya didn't like the others and should have known better.

Last edited:
I watcht hem because enjoyment and evaluating quality are two different things, i think they're bad movies but i enjoy to watch the action and special effects, same reason why i don't need to enjoy superior films like Lincoln.

i think they're bad movies but i enjoy to watch the action and special effects

That's fine though. You still admit you enjoy them. You had a good time at the others and now your gonna see the 4th. That makes sense.

Maybe terrible wasn't the right word in the first post. People who have not enjoyed these films and complain about it should not go see this. Odds are pretty obvious they will not like this one either.

Last edited:
Well, that is true. But i think that some of the criticism also comes from fans of the franchise that feel like it could be more than it is, or from those complaining about the state of blockbuster movies in general, though i'dd say that there's been a vast improvement in the past few years, without Emmerich and Dan Brown novel turned into films no longer rulling it, as well as the end of the Twilight franchise not so long ago.

Definitely, I dig these flicks but there are a ton of things I would fix. Not saying it's flawless and you can't criticize it or anything. That wasn't the point I was trying to make.

These movies are very far from perfect.

Last edited:
So you know its going to be terrible how?

Just going with the odds. If a co-worker comes in drunk every day for 2 weeks in a row, there's a good chance he'll come in drunk on the next work day. Point being the other Transformer movies Bay made suck, so it's a safe bet this one will too. Also, most other directors could probably make better movies while drunk, but that's a side point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"