Age of Extinction Transformers 5 Official Thread

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
Let's just accept that these films are major successes and will still be here for a while

transformers-trilogy.jpg

Transformers_Age_of_Extinction_42240.jpg

If a reboot is what you want, there is another thread for that, if the end of this franchise is what you hope for, there's already a thread for that too, this is to discuss where Transformers 5 will go, including plot, villains and possibly Director, considering Michael Bay may be leaving.

transformers-5-logo-1.jpg

While Galvatron is at large, it's doubtful that he's going to be the only villain in the next film, so, we've had:

Transformers: Megatron
Revenge of the Fallen: The Fallen
Dark of the Moon: Sentinel Prime
Age of Extinction: Lockdown

What's next?

I would like to see a new Arcee, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, Autobot City, Quintessons, Galvatron, Cyclonus, Airachnid and Unicron.

...and a talking Grimlock.

I want a deep, philosophical movie just to maximise the annoyance of the haters.

Trans5rmers: The Trial of Optimus

Have the Quintessons capture Optimus Prime. His cell mate is Ultra Magnus and they're prisoners of war together, suffering torture. Optimus Prime is being tried as a war criminal by the Quintessons, the problem is that the Quintessons are a corrupt culture and you can only go free if you're guilty, if you're innocent they execute you. So the Quintessons go over Optimus' actions from the four previous movies, and they find him guilty. The trial of Optimus would be the main plot.

As a plot device, the quintessons can keep putting Optimus into a simulated dream state in order to gauge his behaviour in different situations and build a case, this would allow the action set pieces to come in.

There's a quintesson in a neighbouring cell who talks to Optimus and Ultra Magnus. He tells them the history of their culture, they used to be the greatest and most powerful civilisation in the universe and they went from world to world creating Transformers using seeds. One time they got greedy and they made a giant seed, a thousand times bigger than the other seeds, large enough to turn an entire planet into a Transformer.

I don't see how a philosophical Transformers movie would maximise the annoyance of the haters, quite the oposite, i would see the fans of more action getting the most annoyed.

With the Quintessons in mind, I think the the miniseries that kicked off Season 3 of the G1 cartoon has some ideas that would work.

Something where the Quintessons invade Earth, perhaps with the goal of cyberforming human beings, while planning to eliminate the few remaining TF's. They form an alliance with Galvatron, who has rounded up the Decepticons that were in hiding, with the promise of helping to rebuild the Decepticons. Both of course having their own agenda.

^Something like that. Personally I want Optimus to spend most of the movie in space hunting the quintessons down. Along the way he has recruited Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod and Springer, but the Quintessons are heading to earth and have Sixshot as their body guard.

Meanwhile on Earth Galvatron has recruited some decepticons, Scourge and Cyclonus, and continues to battle with the remaining Autobots, lef by Bumblebee who has now been upgraded to Goldbug.

In the end Prime returns to earth just in time with his new Autobot team in tow, the quintessons arrive with Sixshot as their enforcer, and the Autobots have to team up with Decepticons to defeat them.

Sixshot survives and becomes a Decepticon, but warns the other TF's that there is something else out there that could threaten the universe let alone the world. Movie ends with a huge mechanised planet heading for Earth.

Primus as well if you're going to have Unicron.

The Autobots would have to go on Cyber Planet Key quest if they ever wanted to resurrect Primus but do they even know that their home planet is a gigantic robotic demigod?

I'd be interested in seeing Scourge, Cyclonus, Impactor and Emirate Xaaron.

Not have Optimus and the Autobots be sociopathic murderers.

Not have Optimus and the Autobots be sociopathic murderers.

Optimus kills a number of people to those Tony Stark and Steve Rogers killed in their recent movies.

Superman also sent a few dozen Kryptonians to the phantom zone, which is a death sentence.

Optimus kills a number of people to those Tony Stark and Steve Rogers killed in their recent movies.

Superman also sent a few dozen Kryptonians to the phantom zone, which is a death sentence.

What does that have to do with anything? Those superheroes killed when it was necessary, they didn't go around executing when their oponent was already down, or ripping apart faces and taking pleasure in the gruesome deaths of their oponents:

[YT]tE3uMlC-tME[/YT]

You guys realise Optimus is a soldier in a war right? Its not like Optimus in the comics never killed anyone, ESPECIALLY the more modern comics.

You guys realise Optimus is a soldier in a war right? Its not like Optimus in the comics never killed anyone, ESPECIALLY the more modern comics.

The thing isn't about him killing, we all know it's necessary in a war or battle, but Optimus Prime sometimes goes out of his way to kill those that could be interrogated or in unnecessary gruesome ways, showing please in most cases. Even soldiers sometimes end up going on trial for war crimes, because even on war there are some things you should not do, when you have Optimus Prime taking pleasure in ripping off faces all the time, he just comes across as psychotic, no heroic, in fact, as the hero of the film, he actualy shares many villainous characteristics: Acts all heroic and talks about freedom while threatening to kill someone if he doesn't follow him, begs for mercy when he's losing against his enemy, takes pleasure in giving his oponents the most gruesome deaths possible and even screams "I'm Going to Kill you!" a few times if i'm not mistaken.

Either way, that was not the point of this thread, it is to discuss ideas for Transformers 5, there are other threads better suited to discuss the problems in these films.

^Fair enough, surely now it is time for Ultra Magnus though, he is one of the most popular Autobots and also had a running feud with Galvatron in the comics.

^Fair enough, surely now it is time for Ultra Magnus though, he is one of the most popular Autobots and also had a running feud with Galvatron in the comics.

I thought it was Rodimus? I don't know.

^In the cartoon it was Rodimus, but in the comics they made it between Galvatron and Ultra Magnus for some reason, either way, the comics were amazing were as by that point the cartoon was on the slide.

Not even because I only like half of these movies. I think it's for the best. Let someone else do something different with it. They shouldve done that with AoE

I put a few suggestions in the link.

I dont know, this is Bay's universe, so IMO he should stick to it, I like the movies but I feel it would be unfair for a new director to follow what has come before and not be able to make their own movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"