Transformers Transformers Comic-Con thread

SuperJediHero

Superhero
Reaction score
I am surprised NO one has started a thread on this yet, oh well I will do it then.

There are Possible Transformers coverages/news at these times

TODAY

3:00-4:00 IDW Publishing and the Transformers: More Than Meets the IDW— Next summer the big-budget Transformers movie hits the world! But this summer, you can get an advance look at IDW's plans for their TF comics leading up to the release of that movie, as well as talk about all the other TF titles in the works for 2006 and 2007! Join IDW publisher/ChrisCharger Chris Ryall, along with editor Dan Taylor, artists Don Figueroa (The Transformers: Beast Wars), E. J. Su (The Transformers: Infiltration), and other surprise Autobots and Decepticons who might stop by the panel. Room 4

4:00-5:00 Hasbro: Transformers— The Hasbro Transformers design and marketing teams take the stage to discuss their plans surrounding their Transformers Cybertron, and Transformers Classics lines and answer your questions. Also, Sony BMG Music Entertainment will be joining Hasbro to talk about their 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD of Transformers: The Movie! Room 4

Tomorrow

1:30-2:30 IDW Publishing: Ideas and Designs 2006— Learn about IDW’s exciting plans for the next year, including an overview of licensed books such as Transformers and Angel/Spike, as well as a full rundown of upcoming horror titles and some special, never-before-heard-or-seen announcements. Join IDW publisher Chris Ryall, along with editor Dan Taylor, writers Brian Lynch (Spike: Asylum), Shane McCarthy (Zombies!), and Scott Tipton (Angel/Spike); artists Ben Templesmith (Wormwood) and Ashley Wood (Zombies Vs. Robots); and other special guests for the lowdown on the upcoming slate of books. Room 4

2:30-3:30 Paramount Pictures— Paramount Pictures is proud to present an early look at footage from the upcoming fantasy adventure film Stardust from director Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake) and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Constantine, Four Brothers and the upcoming Transformers). After captivating audiences in both novel and graphic novel formats, Neil Gaiman's Stardust makes its big-screen adaptation debut next March starring Claire Danes, Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Sienna Miller, Ricky Gervais, Peter O'Toole, Rupert Everett, and Charlie Cox. Neil Gaiman (The Eternals and co-writer with Roger Avery of the screenplay for the upcoming Beowulf), illustrator Charles Vess, co-screenwriter (with director Vaughn) Jane Goldman, and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura will discuss the film, which is currently in production. (Credits not contractual.) Hall H

Saturday

2:00-3:30 Cartoon Voices I— A demonstration of the fine art of talking for cartoons. With Maurice La Marche (Pinky and the Brain), Katie Leigh (Dungeons & Dragons), Greg Berg (Muppet Babies), Gregg Berger (Transformers), Michael Bell (G.I. Joe) and Alan Oppenheimer (Masters of the Universe). Mark Evanier plays the guy in charge. Room 6CDEF

I don't think anyones posted this before because there is no real Transformers movie news.

Don Murphy boards said:
Master Fwiffo: So, what will Comicon show us TF Movie wise? Will we be hippen and hoppin with excitement?

Don Murphy: Nada. Not a thing. Enjoy!

What?

That's incredibly lame!

They should show a Picture or something, dammit this is disappointing!

that's not cool.

Basically they're going to get hopes up that this is going too be a kickass movie, and then it's going to suck...such a shame.

Maybe they are LYING about no contents at Comic-Con, for a Secret Surprise?

How could you not showing it off at Comic-Con, when you are a HUGE blockbuster coming out next year, BEFORE next year's Comic-Con?

That just doesn't make sense!!!

JediXAngel said:
Maybe they are LYING about no contents at Comic-Con, for a Secret Surprise?

Let's hope so, for the movie's sake, well, I must say, I am kinda impressed by the Bumblebee picture of him partially transformed.

bumble.jpg

JediXAngel said:
What?

That's incredibly lame!

They should show a Picture or something, dammit this is disappointing!

Why? All that will happen is that something would get shown then someone would whine about how crappy it is and numerous threads would be started about it here .... Whatever happened to not giving EVERYTHING away?

Unless they showed something.......good. ;)

they could show optimus and megatron transform, walk up to each other and get right in each other's face and you'd hear tons of crying about paint schemes and alt modes and too skeletal and faces not right and .......

ragdus said:
they could show optimus and megatron transform, walk up to each other and get right in each other's face and you'd hear tons of crying about paint schemes and alt modes and too skeletal and faces not right and .......

I don't think that many people would cry if they did something like that, if it was mentioned that this is not a finished work, and they are continuing to work on the final look of the Tranformers. Give us something, the teaser was a bit disappointing.

Peter_Porker said:
I don't think that many people would cry if they did something like that, if it was mentioned that this is not a finished work, and they are continuing to work on the final look of the Tranformers. Give us something, the teaser was a bit disappointing.

um... have you taken a look at the "leaked" photos from the set of the movie? I think if you have, you would change your train of thought.

Psionic Force said:
um... have you taken a look at the "leaked" photos from the set of the movie? I think if you have, you would change your train of thought.

The only leaked photo I have seen (of robots) is the bumblebee image, which kinda looks cool, but the rest have all be in vehicle form, unless there is one that I have missed, and that would suck.

bumble.jpg

Psionic Force said:
Why? All that will happen is that something would get shown then someone would whine about how crappy it is and numerous threads would be started about it here .... Whatever happened to not giving EVERYTHING away?

I didn't say give EVERYTHING away, but a little bit of teaser would be nice.

I know they just had the Teaser Trailer, but it was disappointing, it didn't show any real footages from the movie, so I thought some pictures/footages from the movie will be at Comic-Con... Comon, there just just no other events as big as Comic-Con, except maybe Showest from now on to show off Transformers.

Remember, Transformers is a big deal, it's like my Star Wars of 80s Cartoon! I love Transformers more than Ninja Turtles, and even TMNT have more to show in their Teaser trailer!

Cullen himself said the announcment at comicon:up:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=19176

Comic-Con: Transformers Producer Talks!
Lorenzo di Bonaventura on the new movie
8088.jpg
point.gif
point.gif

So Lorenzo di Bonaventura – former WB bigshot, now freelance producing bigshot – turns up at the San Diego Comic-Con to talk about one of his new projects, Matthew Vaughn’s adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s fantasy novel, Stardust (we were on set, saw some footage, it looks great).

And while we – and he – were happy to talk about that, there was an elephant in the room that proved impossible to ignore: one of di Bonaventura’s other forthcoming projects… Transformers.

The multi-million dollar Michael Bay movie – about the battle between two factions of an alien race, the Autobots and the Decepticons, who just happen to be giant robots that can turn into moving vehicles, weapons and easily marketable toys – is out next year and, given the fact that it’s based on a comic book and cartoon, you would have expected a presentation at this year’s Con, to get the restless fanboys onside.

However, word is that Bay has nixed any reveal of any Transformer until the movie opens. So there was no presentation. Di Bonaventura, though – a smart and gregarious guy – was more open about the reasons.

“We’re really wary to show them until we’ve done the work,” he said. “We’re spending a lot of money at ILM and it takes a long time, and we’re doing CG animation on their faces. We don’t want to show them before they’re ready to show, and that’s going to be close to release. I don’t know if it will be the release – truth is, we don’t know when they’ll be ready to show. So if we’d come here, we would have had a lot of live-action footage that is very exciting, but you would have gone ‘well, where are the robots?’!

“It’s frustrating for us, and everybody seems to think that we’re trying to hide it from people, but the truth is we’re spending tens of millions of dollars at ILM, and I think it’s a drag when people show things too early,” he continued. “By the time I got to King Kong, I thought I’d been there. So there’s a certain amount of showmanship as film-makers – I don’t know if it’ll be the last day, you’ll see something.”

Di Bonaventura did concede that some of the classic Transformers designs have been changed – expect Optimus Prime to be a big truck, but just don’t expect him to be a big red truck.

“One of the big challenges of Transformers, and I’m going to get in a lot of trouble for saying this, but I’m gonna say it, is to make them really cool and the ones on the TV show, when you put them in a live action world, they do not look cool. We tried it. We put them there, they don’t look right. They look right in the animated world. It’s a little bit of the colour scheme, because we’re trying to tell this in the real world, and it’s not the animated world. You look at how square they are and how bright they are and it’s not quite right.

“And yet, at the same time, you have to respect who they are and what they look like, so you go through a process. So they had to go through some kind of transformation,” he added, not stopping to say ‘no pun intended’. “And so on Transformers we were able to go to Hasbro and say ‘ok, guys, what would the fanbase want?’ Have we pushed the boundaries. Yes, we have pushed the boundaries – the coolest thing is that we can split them into more parts and make them move faster and do a lot of things that they’ve never been able to do. I think that Transformers fans are going to feel we got the spirit right.”

By the way, Comicon also revealed that the robot modes will be known a month or two prior to the release of the movie, as..
The mass-market toys tied in to the live-action movie promotion will preceede the theatrical release by 3-7 weeks. No locked-in date has been set at present. However, starting in the springtime, Transformers will focus squarely on the movie. The movie toys will represent various scales and price points.

( http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=21&p2_articleid=419 )

Cullen's returning as Optimus Prime, that seals it for me. well, as long as they keep him as a big rig and don't change him into some other vehicle.

Sounds good guys

Where's all the love for this movie :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"