World Transformers: Prime

Ugh, I was hoping he'd stay dead for a change.

Are you out of your mind Prime & Megs will always return.
1znv8qt.jpg

Last edited:
Beast Hunters premieres March 22nd

Season Three, Episode 1: “Darkmouth, NV”– While Optimus struggles to survive after Megatron’s destruction of the Autobot base, the separated members of Team Prime try to reconnect. Airs 3/22/2013.

I don't honestly believe that Hasbro is going to have the guts to kill Optimus off again - I'd be pleasantly amazed if they did, though - especially with this show's "dead is dead" edict (Cliffjumper and Skyquake still count IMO).

I'm guessing since he's at the scene that
either Smokescreen will pull an ROTF-Jetfire (which would mean the end of Smokescreen), OR he'll have Optimus cortical-patched into his mind and they'll do an Ultraman kind of thing with him
, thus leading to Optimus' BH form (though personally I'd have preferred a Synth-En transfusion with all the dangerous imbalances it brings)

Last edited:
A great start to the Beast Hunters as this feels like Empire Strikes Back with the Autobots scattered and on the run while the Decepticons rule Earth thus destroying something significant. This is going to be a lot more intense than the 2nd season was.

Seeing Optimus almost scrap with little optimism left was emotionally to watch. But it going make his triumphant return that much sweeter. I agree with ya Van the Season Premiere felt like "The Empire Strikes Back" vibe.

I saw the next 2 episodes online with the introductions of Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, and Predaking. Really wasted no time in introducing them.

Ultra Magnus is strictly by-the-book type. He's nothing like the Sentinel Prime of Animated, but I see him as a cross between Commander William Riker and Bright Noa of Gundam.

Watching Transformers Prime is like watching these weekly TF movies, but without Michael Bay's touch. You can compare the Autobots and Humans to the Rebel Alliance and the Decepticons to the Galactic Empire. That Decepticon fortress is like the Death Star.

Three episodes in so far season 3 has been great. I get the feeling based off next week preview Optimus resurrection will come at the price of Smokescreen offering his own spark.

Wicked episode, Team Prime is Back and I love Optimus Prime 2.0 with Flight mode. Megs beware PRIME IS BACK and he's not playing around this time.

Last edited:
It was O.K., though still too much 'one-and-done'ishness going on for my liking (like
Darkmount being blasted to the ground, the 'Bots bridging Predaking into the Arctic, and Megatron getting whupped into a very brief 'reign' over the Earth
), although Shockwave bridging out could hopefully play into resolving that second gripe. Also didn't really care for Ratchet's full 180 in attitude over the matter of what possible chance they have now of reviving Cybertron...yeah, I'd expect him to be relieved that Op's on his feet again, but I'd think
the Solus Forge now being completely drained
would temper it.

That having been said, though, Ultra Magnus is awesome (voice of Michael Ironside=WIN) - I don't see him so much being a jerk as he's simply more by-the-book than the rest of the Autobots; it'd be interesting to see how his character develops over the rest of the season. Smokescreen's also nicely portrayed in this ep, IMO.

Megatron being finally enraged beyond reason is always a plus, too - and I'm also pleased to see Starscream didn't just pull another of the same old subversive bag of tricks (like running for his life) as things fell apart for the 'Cons - you could see the gears working there, so hopefully he's got a card or two up his sleeve left to play. I can imagine with the series' end looming that Megatron has finally had about all he can take.

Cool upgrade, look more and more like the live action movies it seems.
Getting away from that designed for hand drawn look.
Looks like a happy medium.

When they revealed the new optimus the first thing I said was man i gotta get that toy lol.

Loving season 3 so far was not expecting an upgrade for prime at all but I'm happy because it was really bothering me when it looked like I would have to see Prime kick the bucket AGAIN!!!

Well just saw the Project Predacon episode and his new vehicle mode looks a little more like Old School Prime but without the big trailer. So now they're hunting down prehistoric Predacon fossils then. Bring us some Dinobots please!!!! :)

I'm up to episode 8, the new season is really good and very funny despite the context.
Shockwave and Soundwave are awesome.

I like this show way too much for a man a few years shy of 40. But having grown up with TF (Sorry, I was way more a toon guy than a comic guy) and seen a lot of different takes, this version is tops in my book. It's almost a best of all worlds with it's own unique ID. I will miss it once it's gone.

That recent episode had an incredible 2 on 1 fight with Ultra Magnus and WheelJack vs the Predacon. I have watched TF: PRIME since the start and I think in totality it's more entertaining and truer to the TF mythology than Bay's films ever were. They do keep going on with Hasbro easter eggs (Sky Strikers, M.A.S.K. Division) to the point that this UNIT-E idea has me intrigued.

If this is the last series Welker and Cullen ever do for TF I, hope they can go out with a bang. Special props to the voice actor for StarScream. While there was a ton of comic relief with the character he always managed to keep him entertaining and believably cunning. That Starscream came up with the plan to keep the Predacon under Decepticon control is a... wait for it... PRIME example of how Steve Blum makes you believe in most characters he voices.

i liked the series a lot , i´ve seen it since half the first season, it was a good series, the final yesterday was good , had good moments but could´ve been better, i think they are saving stuff for the direct to DVD/Bluray movie, one thing i have to say is i liked the humans in the series , i don´t know why but i did, right now is sad that another series i liked has ended ....

Shoot this series did a better job of doing justice to The Transformers lore than Bay's Transformers trilogy. Optimus lead this team to victory and restored Cybertron in 3 seasons.

Last edited:
Shoot this series did a better job of doing justice to The Transformers lore than Bay's Transformers trilogy. Optimus lead this team to victory and restored Cybertron in 3 seasons.

Not to mention
Bumblebee's finally TALKING again (with Will Friedle's voice, yet).

All in all I found "Deadlock" to be a solid ending. And the best part IMO was the one that's got the TF diehards split down the middle:
BumbleBeyond RUNNING MEGATRON THROUGH with the Star Saber.
Hands-down the most awesome moment of the series for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"