Transformers: War For Cybertron Animated Series on Netflix

StarLord

<<<<<<<<<<
Reaction score

‘Transformers’ Origin Story Coming to Netflix as Animated Series in 2020
The producers promise that the series will feature a “new animation look and style” that shows the alien robots as they’ve never been seen before.

Rooster Teeth, a unit of WarnerMedia’s Otter Media group, will produce the original series for Netflix and Polygon Pictures will serve as the animation studio.

“Transformers” veteran FJ DeSanto (Transformers: Titans Return, Transformers: Power of the Primes) will serve as showrunner on the series with several contributing writers, including George Krstic (Megas XLR), Gavin Hignight (Transformers: Cyberverse), and Brandon Easton (Agent Carter, Transformers: Rescue Bots).

Will definitely give this a try when it comes out.

That's exciting. Really wish we could get something set in the Beastwars-verse again

We shall see. The Prime Wars web series trilogy was not the best. It was very awkward and clunky at times. Animation was very weird and choppy looking as well. Hope this turns out better.

It is the same animation studio that did Transformers: Prime, so it should be decently animated.

They most definitely will. I think Roosterteeth is good at planning episodes within the overall budget. I also don't think CG has quite the budget cutting methods that are used in traditional style animations.

A note, the recent news that I have seen is saying that this is a trilogy of films.

'Transformers' anime series for Netflix rolls out in first trailer

The footage, arriving on Saturday, offers a glimpse at Chapter 1, subtitled Siege. The six, 22-minute-long episodes begins in the final hours of the civil war between the Autobots and Decepticons that has torn apart the Transformers’ home planet of Cybertron. Megatron (voiced by Jason Marnocha) is tempted to use Cyberton’s source of all life and power, the Allspark, to reboot the battle-weary Autobots in order to unify his people. Led by Optimus Prime (Jake Foushee), our heroes orchestrate a series of counterstrikes that could prevent them from saving their planet by killing it.

Future Trilogy installments will include Chapter 2, subtitled Earthrise. A name for Chapter 3 has not been revealed, but more information will be announced in the future.

A note, the recent news that I have seen is saying that this is a trilogy of films.

Not films. It's a TV series in three chapters like the Prime Wars trilogy, which was a short form web series. That was divided into Combiner Wars, Titans Return, and Power of the Primes.

Meanwhile, War for Cybertron will be divided into Chapter 1: Siege, Chapter 2: Earthrise, Chapter 3: ????/Profit?

The animation looks a tad better than the Prime Wars animated trilogy that was on Machinima/YouTube.

That said, the voice acting is still underwhelming. Sounds like they got C-level voice talents for the show.

I really wish they could find a way to continue on with the Beast Wars continuity.
One issue there Primal Slayer is that Beast Wars continuity basically ended about 20 years ago. And Beast Machines is a very divisive polarizing series. Not to mention it had a weird ending with Cybertron becoming "Techno-organic."

Then you had Transformers Animated which was actually relatively popular and built a loyal fanbase. I believe the idea is that Animated said it was a continuation of the original series many generations later. Like that show references the great war between Autobots and Decepticons. Though I guess arguably, Beast Wars would be well far into the future of that series.

Basically, I think it'd be tough to resume Beast Wars canon at this point.

One issue there Primal Slayer is that Beast Wars continuity basically ended about 20 years ago. And Beast Machines is a very divisive polarizing series. Not to mention it had a weird ending with Cybertron becoming "Techno-organic."

Then you had Transformers Animated which was actually relatively popular and built a loyal fanbase. I believe the idea is that Animated said it was a continuation of the original series many generations later. Like that show references the great war between Autobots and Decepticons. Though I guess arguably, Beast Wars would be well far into the future of that series.

Basically, I think it'd be tough to resume Beast Wars canon at this point.

It doesnt need to be an in your face sequel. Beast Wars ended up becoming its own continuation of G1. Maybe something happens to Cybertron after it becomes Tencho-organic that leads them to have to revert to an old way of transforming.

Can’t wait for this.

This must be inspired by the beginning of the Bumblebee movie.

Who needs more Transformers live-action movies when you have the War For Cybertron netflix series. This is inspired by the War For Cybertron game and the Bumblebee movie opening scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"