Transformers: The War for Cybertron

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5421996/transformers-the-war-for-cybertron-puts-autobots-in-gears

Activision has an all-new Transformers game on its slate for next year, one that looks like it will be taking gameplay cues from Gears of War.

According to the newest issue of Game Informer, Transformers: The War for Cybertron is a third-person shooter that chronicles the Autobot's battle waged against the evil forces of the Decepticons. And vice versa, as early reports from subscribers and serious Transformers fans indicate we'll play as both robotic factions.

The game is said to be in development at High Moon Studios, developers of Darkwatch and The Bourne Conspiracy, and due for a 2010 release.

Transformers: The War for Cybertron apparently falls outside various Transformers continuities with a look that's less blocky than the Generation One style of 'bot, but not as visually offensive as the Michael Bay version of the classic Takara toy. Allspark.com forum members peg the visual style as resembling the Transformers: The War Within comic book series. Seen in the mag are Optimus Prime, Megatron—tank-style, not handgun-style—Soundwave, Ironhide and more.

Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions of the new Transformers game are said to be in the works. And if we know Activision, it won't stop there.

Transformers: The War For Cybertron - New TF game slated for 2010! [The Allspark - thanks, Destin!]

I just read the news on kotaku. It's freaking awesome! :awesome: I'm so looking forward to it.

I just saw that on Kotaku.com. They have scans here.

Love the designs. :up: It's great to finally get another Transformers game that isn't based on the Movies.

It sounds awesome, but I can't help but expect to be disappointed.

I actually had a lot of fun with the online for Transformers 2, however i hate the 80's look of the Transformers. I actually never even cared for Transformers until the films, so this prob wont be my cup of tea, but as long as they dont look identical to the hideous(imo) 80's designs, then maybe ill give it a shot.

You hate the 80's designs? ...............GTFO :o

You hate the 80's designs? ...............GTFO :o

Yea, i didnt even really know what Transformers were until right before the first film came out. I mean i knew they were robots that could change into a car, that was about it.

Yea, i didnt even really know what Transformers were until right before the first film came out. I mean i knew they were robots that could change into a car, that was about it.

Check out Beast Wars. To be honest, I never really watched a lot of the 80's cartoon since it was kinda corny. But Beast Wars is awesome and touches on the 80's toon (referred to as G1) a lot so you learn a lot about it without having to watch it.

The designs in the 80's cartoon themselves probably don't look good but there are more modern versions of them which look infinitely better than the designs in the movie.

To each their own and all that, because I didn't like many of the Bay movie designs. A few of them were okay, but mostly looked pretty crappy.

Here's a few of the design scans from that forum Dark Lord posted:

War_for_Cybertron_004.jpg

OptimusWfC.jpg

Looks like they are trying to go for a combination of both, and they look decent. Not sure how that will look in-game, though, but that's the concept

Those dont look too bad, id still go with Bays designs tho.

God...those designs are awesome! :D

I've been waiting for a good Transformers game since well...forever I guess. Hopefully the game will be as good as the concept art.

This has the makings to go on the list of great superhero games

-Batman arkham asylum
-Xml1-2
-Incredible hulk ultimate destruction
-Wolverine
-Transformers armada(isn't that what it was called?)
-Spider-man2

Last edited:
I hope for BB they go with something similar to TF animated or the movies. I think G1 BB looks dumb.

This sounds pretty cool, but does anyone think this is a start of yearly TF games?

It might be. We got TF2 in 2009, we'll get this one in 2010 and we'll definitely get a TF3 movie game in 2011. I don't think "This has the makings to go on the list of great superhero games" like Gamma Goliath said. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems they're just making this so they can have a TF game next year, before they make TF3 in 2011. The designs are great though. We'll see.

I'm loving the idea. :)

Oh my god.

Count me down for really, REALLY anticipating this.

As a TF fan since 1985, G1 is pretty much the definitive TF and to say that you hate their design is...well, dunno what to say. :dry:

There are several different incarnations of Transformers and even I who was around the time, don't think the designs were all that hot. Though there were a few exceptions. Like Optimus obviously. Not everyone has to love the designs of the cartoon that started it.

Funnily enough, I had just found my old copy of the PC Beast Wars game from when I was a kid. Good times playing that game for sure. I also loved the game based on the Armada series, but havent played the recent ones based on the films. Hopefully this one can capture that old-school vibe I remember from when I was a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"