Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

Yea they tried because as artist and creators you don't want to put out a poor product, but Activision told them they didn't care about the games quality, they were fine "with a meta score of 6". And they kept cutting the time and budget of the game. You may be right in that Pool can't hold his own game, but the HM Deadpool games failure was squarely on Activision. They were content with with a bad product.

I think Deadpool can easily hold his own game. You just need a good writer, Daniel Way being the worst possible option, and a Publisher that doesn't sabotage you the entire way.

Take Saints Row, throw Deadpool into the mix, give us some tragic and serious beats among all the crazy stuff, and you've got a great Deadpool game.

Finally played and finished Fall of Cybertron. Great game. Jazz's level was probably my favorite. And the final chapter with the constant faction switching was amazing as well.

Man... now I'm really disappointed that High Moon isn't working on the sequel.

Finally played and finished Fall of Cybertron. Great game. Jazz's level was probably my favorite. And the final chapter with the constant faction switching was amazing as well.

Man... now I'm really disappointed that High Moon isn't working on the sequel.

Yea i miss the hell out of some FoC. Its deff a bummer HM isn't working on the new one.

Also, thats one helluva bad ass avy.

New trailer out today. I've never played an Earth-based TF game so this should be interesting.

Well, that new Trailer really wasn't all too interesting. I don't really have much hopes for this, without High Moon at the helm.

I hope this scores in the 7's.. But blending the "worlds" kind of bothers me. I remember when WfC came out and Hasbro was all like THIS IS GONNA BE THE OFFICIAL TIME LINE! WE'RE REDOING IT! IT'S GONNA TIE INTO PRIME!

When.. It really didn't tie into TF: Prime at all.. Then they ended Prime early (to focus on the upcoming Bumblebee kiddy show..) and now we're getting this..

I wonder how much Activision has cut their budget by during the course of development? That kind of seems to be the new thing with that company. They give a dev X amount of money, then slash it in half mid way through the dev cycle.

I hope this scores in the 7's.. But blending the "worlds" kind of bothers me.

I will be SHOCKED if it does. I can almost guarantee you that even Activision doesnt think it'll hit that, in fact they've prob told the dev's, eh we're shooting for around a 6.

Man, even Cullen can't sell me on this game.

[YT]l-29uQEvBWo[/YT]

Yeah, I can't say I'm excited but I gotta finish the series. Thank God for Gamefly so I don't have to shell out $60.

Were any of the Transformer movie games any good?

I'm confused, how is the blending worlds work, is that part of the actual story? Or is the story an adaptation of Age of Extinction and you can just play as the old builds in online multiplayer?

You guys know, I'm STILL playing online mode for Fall of Cybertron? I've been trying to get Prime 100 recently. Online mode for War and Fall is infinitely playable. Just wish they added some more maps. Also, I think customization options for the bots was too limited, especially for the colors. I could never get the colors exactly the way I wanted for everyone.

So I've been watching Streams of this game on Twitch (XB1) all day.. And it doesn't look bad. It looks and plays pretty much like the last two games. From everything I've seen...

Id get it if my ex didnt completely ruin Transformers for me.

Well literally just blew through it day one and honestly nothing really stood out. The cybertron lvlv def felt like the previous games but the bayformer lvls looked rly bland. The story left much to be desired aswell. Its rlly just felt very hollow. The only real plus side is that they did atleast try and make this fit the cybertron continuity.

That's what I heard too. The Cybertron levels are supposed to be ok. No better, or worse than the previous games, with the Bayformer earth levels just looking really bland.

Does it have at least a bunch of holy **** moments like Fall of Cybertron?

I'll grab it when it's cheap. Movie tie in so it won't take long.

I can get it for €20 on PC, but I'm waiting for some decent reviews first.

That's what I heard too. The Cybertron levels are supposed to be ok. No better, or worse than the previous games, with the Bayformer earth levels just looking really bland.

Does it have at least a bunch of holy **** moments like Fall of Cybertron?
Honestly none comes to mind. They atleast explained how the insecticons came into the picture but aside from that it just felt like a dlc adventure. Personally I don't think they're trying to connect the bayformers and cybertron universes together. I think they're going with a bioshock infinite approach. If you've played that game you know what I'm talking about.

The fact that Activision opted not to send advance copies to press outlets is pretty much all I needed to hear. If even Activision doesn't have confidence in the scores, it must be really bad--especially when you consider that they did send review copies for the last offensive TF movie tie-in.

At least they had the sense to not make it an actual sequel to Fall of Cybertron. This is just some weird adventure, that takes place between the first two games. So should Activision ever decide to have High Moon make another Transformers game, Rise of the Dark Spark can easily be ignored.

Pretty much yea. It wasn't bad it was just meh. If your jonesing for some tf action and are burned out on WfC and FoC this is atleast something differant.

I don't think a true sequel will ever happen. The second game only sold about 660,000 copies. Most of the High Moons studio staff were laid off. And I think High Moon is now only doing the Advanced Warfare ports for like PS3 and 360

I don't think a true sequel will ever happen. The second game only sold about 660,000 copies. Most of the High Moons studio staff were laid off. And I think High Moon is now only doing the Advanced Warfare ports for like PS3 and 360

Sadly, this is probably the case. Lack of support for the franchise was always apparent; and as such Activision managed to sink two strong games with a popular license behind them, all because they don't know how to market anything that doesn't have Call of Duty printed on the box.

• An Explanation of why there's no review yet(which explains why the other review sites have yet to do so ether.) Two video play throughs and a video & Audio podcast

• Where Is Our Transformers: Rise Of The Dark Spark Review?

psa
    hot-post.png

on Jun 25, 2014 at 05:56 PM

Activision and Edge of Reality have a new Transformers game on the market. What do we think of it?... more

Here's

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark QUICK LOOKS

And lastly a VOD from last night

Live Chat at 3pm PST about Transformers Movie and more!

Vic and Marissa talk about the Transformers Movie and how terrible it is. They continue on talking about the Transformers videogame. For today's toy break we have viewer submitted artwork to show from Luc Bayou. The Google I/O conference

source:GI,Giant Bomb & EPN.TV

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"