Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark

That article is vague. Says it is a continuation that "somehow collides with Age of Extinction."

Still doesn't make sense or explain it.

Does it really matter. The game is coming out regardless and whatever nonsense excuse Activision comes out with is gonna have to be taken as gospel.

Good Lord.. They are joining the War/Fall universe with Bays films.

What more needs to be explained?

Does it really matter. The game is coming out regardless and whatever nonsense excuse Activision comes out with is gonna have to be taken as gospel.

Maybe I like the story of these games and I'm just wondering how this is going to work.

Because the movie games Activision made for Transformers previously pretty much sucked.

Good Lord.. They are joining the War/Fall universe with Bays films.

What more needs to be explained?
For them to join doesn't make sense, just as the games contradict Transformers: Prime and they backed off of that.

Maybe I like the story of these games and I'm just wondering how this is going to work.

Because the movie games Activision made for Transformers previously pretty much sucked.

Yea I agree on both points, but that's not really Activisions concerns. They prob told these devs, hey make us a game that uses the new bots for the Michael Bay film, oh, also make it tie into the previous two games we did. They don't really care if it makes sense or not.

But it sounds like there are 2 universes. The Bay verse and the universe from the last two games. Something is making those two universes come together. The dark spark maybe?

Revenge of the Fallen is the best transformers game to ever come out

Yea I agree on both points, but that's not really Activisions concerns. They prob told these devs, hey make us a game that uses the new bots for the Michael Bay film, oh, also make it tie into the previous two games we did. They don't really care if it makes sense or not.

But it sounds like there are 2 universes. The Bay verse and the universe from the last two games. Something is making those two universes come together. The dark spark maybe?
I don't think it's two universes so much as two sides, you play as Autobots or Decepticons as in previous Transformer games from Activision.

Revenge of the Fallen is the best transformers game to ever come out

LOL wtf are you smoking? I enjoyed aspects about the game, but both High Moons games were much better overall. ROTF's online became a wasteland after a few months where as both HM's had an active community long after launch.

I don't think it's two universes so much as two sides, you play as Autobots or Decepticons as in previous Transformer games from Activision.

I read something today that stated it was two universes coming together. There is supposed to be a bunch of new info coming tomorrow tho, so maybe that'll shed some light on the topic.

It is a shame that ROTF's online turned into a wasteland shortly after release. I still prefer the gameplay to High Moon's games though.

I'll take rotf over high moon's games any day of the week because the gameplay is much superior

Eh I don't think you can say it was superior. There's a reason it's meta score is well beneath the two HM games. That's not accidental. I did love the hell outta that games MP tho, while it was active at least. Grindor was the s**t.

This is pretty heartbreaking. Activision gutted High Moon after Deadpool, and now they've handed the license over to Edge of Reality--a developer that's done nothing but console ports in the last ten years, plus one TF2 clone.

Meanwhile, at Activision headquarters:

Business Jerk 1: "People really love these Cybertron games. How can we make them even better?"

Business Jerk 2: "What if we added the Michael Bay universe? Those games are almost as bad as the movies!"

Business Jerk 3: "That's a great idea! Adding something terrible to something great can only improve it!"

[/Activision Logic]

What a nightmare. I was having a conversation just the other day about how badly I wanted to see High Moon complete the story they started in War and Fall. Instead... this dreck.

Last edited:
That article is vague. Says it is a continuation that "somehow collides with Age of Extinction."

Still doesn't make sense or explain it.

Yeah, I'm not sure if the idea here is that the Cybertron games will progress into the Bay universe (I.e., they've been retconned into prequels) or if these are to distinct realities featured in one game.

Either way, it offends me.

Man if they really took this franchise away from High Moon... :(

I mean I know that Fall of Cybertron had disappointing sales so I can see them wanting to associate the games more than the movies, but c'mon. None of those games were really good.

The Cybertron games are actually respected at least.

Man if they really took this franchise away from High Moon... :(

I mean I know that Fall of Cybertron had disappointing sales so I can see them wanting to associate the games more than the movies, but c'mon. None of those games were really good.

The Cybertron games are actually respected at least.

I don't think they took anything away from High Moon, they just gutted HM down to nothing. So theres basically no studio left to do anything.

Im sure Edge of Reality will be using a lot of the same assets that High Moon were using, i mean you can see some of the exact same character/weapon models from HM's two games. Activision wants this game made as cheaply as possible, they aren't going to give EoR much of a budget. They're gonna have to scrape whats already there.

This is pretty heartbreaking. Activision gutted High Moon after Deadpool, and now they've handed the license over to Edge of Reality--a developer that's done nothing but console ports in the last ten years, plus one TF2 clone.

Meanwhile, at Activision headquarters:

Business Jerk 1: "People really love these Cybertron games. How can we make them even better?"

Business Jerk 2: "What if we added the Michael Bay universe? Those games are almost as bad as the movies!"

Business Jerk 3: "That's a great idea! Adding something terrible to something great can only improve it!"

[/Activision Logic]

What a nightmare. I was having a conversation just the other day about how badly I wanted to see High Moon complete the story they started in War and Fall. Instead... this dreck.

I see what you are getting at, but if people loved those games so much, why didnt more people buy them? Neither game crossed the one million units sold mark. With War For Cyberton barely reaching 500k sold.

Honestly if i were Activision id be doing the same thing. Looking at the numbers, the Transformers games that tied into the Michael Bay films had higher sales. Period. With the new Bay film coming out, why wouldn't I tie my game into that film?

Im a little surprised this just isn't a straight tie in.

Eh I don't think you can say it was superior. There's a reason it's meta score is well beneath the two HM games. That's not accidental. I did love the hell outta that games MP tho, while it was active at least. Grindor was the s**t.

Well, the mechanics were great. It's just that everything else about the game wasn't as good.

Take ROTF's gameplay mechanics and throw them into War for Cybertron's/Fall of Cybertron's campaign, and you've really got the best Transformers game ever.

Well, the mechanics were great. It's just that everything else about the game wasn't as good.

Take ROTF's gameplay mechanics and throw them into War for Cybertron's/Fall of Cybertron's campaign, and you've really got the best Transformers game ever.

Yea I liked how the weapon system was handled in RoTF, but thought the vehicle combat was a lot better in War and Fall.

Had to quickly replay both games, to refresh my memories. Went through ROTF's tutorial mode and WFC's Autobot campaign.

I prefer the weapons system/melee combat and vehicle combat in ROTF. The only negative aspect of ROTF's vehicle combat, is that you've got to keep the vehicle button pressed. So you only have the ability to move slow or fast, and can't just transform into a tank, stay in place and just blast your opponent from a safe distance.

In ROTF, the vehicle mode is used to either close the distance between you and your opponent, or just to get the hell away. But you get 3 great maneuvers that make combat really exciting. The advanced melee attack by exiting vehicle mode, boost jump and ground pound. And the entire vehicle handling is just so much more fun and makes it feel like a racing game, with the ability to drift around corners and getting an extra boost if you do it well.

ROTF's gameplay to me, is the Spider-Man 2 of Transformers games. It's just handled so well and a blast to play. High Moon's Transformers games are solid 3rd person shooters, but don't manage to create the same exhilarating feeling as ROTF did. Of course High Moon excels at giving us a game with a great campaign and lots of love and attention to detail.

Last edited:
I don't think they took anything away from High Moon, they just gutted HM down to nothing. So theres basically no studio left to do anything.

Im sure Edge of Reality will be using a lot of the same assets that High Moon were using, i mean you can see some of the exact same character/weapon models from HM's two games. Activision wants this game made as cheaply as possible, they aren't going to give EoR much of a budget. They're gonna have to scrape whats already there.

I'm disappointed if this is the case.

I will check this game out but I will be very cautious about it.

The guys developing this had a hand in ME and DA.. So I'm greatly interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"