• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers: The War for Cybertron

I saw this yesterday and after recovering from my geekgasm, I had another one,:ikyn finally getting control of myself I looked at the freaking awesome scans, then I saw those two magic symbols every original TF geek's waiting to see, G1, guess what happened next, you guessed it, GEEKGASM!!!:doh::bow::oldrazz::D:up::trans:

I hope the game informer can elaborate on this game a little bit.

LOL! They call the bay transformers "Visually Offensive". How appropriate.

No gameplay, but it still got me excited.

If the story is supposed to take place before they land in Earth, why does it look like Optimus can transform into the big rig?

edit; nevermind, just saw the trailer.

Hey guys, just noticed the official site got updated. Apparently, you need to find 3 sets of coordinates per batch to unlock the next part of the video. Batch 1 is already up, and I'd be able to post the solutions if you want. Batch 2 will be up in about 8 hours.

Btw, just joined.

anyone notice the website isn't working like it's supposed to? Whenever i say yes to play the intro video, it doesn't load! Can anyone help me out, please?

LOL! They call the bay transformers "Visually Offensive". How appropriate.
Bumble Bee & Optimus have good Bayformers designs, but yeah, the rest suck.

I actually think Bayformer BB is his best design.

Woa did I just see Omega Supreme?? I'm so getting this game.

and lol at the visually offensive comment!

megatron

GameMegatron.jpg

optimus

GameOptimusPrime2.jpg

Wicked :woot: :trans:

Debut trailer is up.

Not much to judge, just a pre-rendered scene. No gameplay footage.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-transformers-war/59859

HOLY !!!! :eek:

Last edited:
I'm definitely getting this game. Oh, and I do agree on that "visually offensive" remark used to describe Bayformers. :up:

Are Cullen & Welker reprising their roles as Optimus Prime & Megatron for this game ?

I'd rather they use the voice actor who did Megatron on Beast Wars than Welker. I don't care much for the chain-smoker Megatron.

I gotta say, I'm not much of a Transformers fan outside the Bay movies, but this game...just might change that.

Color me interested. After the last two games, I didn't think I could get interested in a Transformers game by Activision.

But it looks good so far.

I know the older guys are gonna hate me, but i didnt care for that trailer at all. I just dont like the look of those Transformers. Im a Michael Bay Transformers fan. I like Bumblebee as a new Camaro and Optimus as a big rig etc etc.

I still might look into this tho as i had some fun with Revenge of the Fallen's online mode.

Are Cullen & Welker reprising their roles as Optimus Prime & Megatron for this game ?

I'm sure Cullen will be in, he's a fan favorite and loves the role. I'd love to see Welker too. Especially since they screwed up Megatron so bad in the Bay films. Apparently he's not 'serious' enough or some bullsh**.

I like Bumblebee as a new Camaro and Optimus as a big rig etc etc.

Those vehicles didn't exist on Cyberton.

Damn!!! Now that is a trailer. Omega Supreme and Trypticon were glorious. And that was a bad-ass move for Optimus with those missiles. I'll definately be keeping an eye on this game.

Those vehicles didn't exist on Cyberton.

Yea i know, i hate the whole war on cybertron thing. Prefer it when the Transformers are on Earth. IMO, the only good Transformers media are the two Bay films. Iv watched some of the old shows and i hate them. Id prob feel differently had i of grown up watching the Transformers show but i didnt even really know what the Transformers were until the first film.

Last edited:
Yea i know, i hate the whole war on cybertron thing. Prefer it when the Transformers are on Earth. IMO, the only good Transformers media are the two Bay films. Iv watched some of the old shows and i hate them. Id prob feel differently had i of grown up watching the Transformers show but i didnt even really know what the Transformers were until the first film.

How did you manage not to know what the Transformers were until the first film? I mean, really, that's just something that's been embedded in pop culture. It's almost like saying you didn't know what Batman was until the first Nolan movie. Maybe not that extreme, but it's fairly close.

I'll just recommend you not to bother with this game or anything else outside Bay's stuff for this franchise. Bay's stuff isn't much like Transformers outside some of the names, personality traits and transformation aspects. The older shows aren't that great or anything, but they are fun for what they are and have memorable characters and ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"