Ultimate One Universe RPG: OOC Thread

It's been over 48 hours, so, MST3K, you're approved as Joker.

I know, being Batman, you probably had ideas for the Joker and would prefer him to wait to be introduced as Batman's nemesis, Carnage. As somebody who's pretty much got his entire season mapped out for Spidey, I feel you.

But, at the end of the day, this is a just a game and not a collection of fan fics. I can't in good conscious tell a potential player with a well-written application that they can't play a character just because a current player would rather they didn't.

In no way am I trying to dog on you at all, Carnage. Not my intent at all, brotha. I just felt you, and those following along, deserved a brief explanation to go with the approval.

Dropping Blake for two reasons. One, I've brought him exactly to where he needs to be in the Wonder Woman story to be a suitable NPC. And two, there's another Marvel mainstay that, so far, the game has yet to see an attempt be made towards even though he's one of the most popular characters in comics. And he happens to be one of my personal favorites. So without further ado, I give you...

pic11g.png

Ultimate One Universe Characters Application

Character Name: Iron Man (Green Lantern of Sector 2814)

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Hero

Character Speech Color and Font: Tahoma Bold, Dark Red for Tony's normal speech, Dark Green Arial Black otherwise

Powers and Abilities: Without the ring, Stark is just like any other genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist that you might hope to find. Obscenely brilliant in the field of robotics and weapons' technology, Tony was a child prodigy capable of taking apart and reassembling a motherboard before the age of modern computers even occurred. With limitless resources and a bottomless checkbook at his disposal, even in his most unequipped state, Stark makes a formidable foe to all who step in his way. He just happens to also be the latest inheritor of the cosmic power ring that will allow him to create a new type of tech - one inhibited only by the limitations of his vast imagination and force of will.

Character Origin/Backstory: Born to parents Howard and Maria, Antonio 'Tony' Stark was given the best of both worlds - his father's strong sense of creativity and his mother's incredible mind. Tinkering around with his father's gadgets as a small boy, Howard was amazed to find that not only could his son recreate them to be better than they used to be, he could create entirely new inventions without even realizing it. So the broke Howard, despite having tried to patton a least a dozen of his own creations, started pitching Tony's instead to gain a profit. When it immediately took, the Stark family suddenly found themselves out of poverty and into the world of lavish wealth. Buying out a subsidiary company of Luthorcorp from to create the beginning template, Howard founded Stark Resilient as a creative think tank dedicated new ideas in weapons' technology. The company soon expanded into Stark Industries, for the production of the new weapons, and made Howard's family a household name. And this would all occur before Tony's 16th birthday.

Then tragedy visited the Stark household. While flying out on a business trip for Resilient, Howard and Maria were both killed when their plane went down following a horrific explosion that left young Tony orphaned. His reaction to this was growing into the role of the proverbial wild child, using his vast inheritance to party hard, womanize, and drink heavily into the long nights. Leaving Stark Industries in the capable hands of Howard's business associate, Hector Hammond, Tony lived a carefree existence well into his late 20's, despite his friends' and living relatives' wishes for something far better than the irresponsible mess that his life had spiraled into. Eventually, to appease them more than to better himself, Tony stepped up as the public representative of both companies, overseeing all projects and public engagements that he could find... which only worsened the problem, as he would often find nothing but women and cocktails waiting for him at every turn.

Finally, Tony decided to take more of an initiative in Stark Industries' future by working with his best friend and military captain, James Rhodes, to design new state-of-the-art military applications. Tony's favorite and most inspired of these designs was the robotic tank armor suit that would allow specialized soldiers to pilot a walking arsenal into battle and take control of extreme and various hazardous situations. Rhodes wanted to dub it the War Machine, but Tony had a different name in mind. The week after their designs were finalized, Tony and Rhodey put forth their pitch as Project Iron Man.

But Iron Man would not be ready to go into active development for years, lacking a sufficient power core and source of high energy output that the design required. Nevertheless, Tony ordered that the shells be manufactured and distributed to all American military outposts for future use. Deciding to personally accompany the shipment of Iron Man parts to Iraq, where morale was particularly low, Stark got far more than he bargained for by the time that he arrived. Accompanying a military convoy, Tony was caught off guard whenever the crossfire of a tense neighboring battle struck the convoy and forced him to flee. By the time that he nearly made it out of the desert, he accidentally hit a land mine and was sent, heavily injured, into the hands of The Ten Rings, a terrorist group who instantly recognized him as the face of Stark Industries.

Now a three-year captive of The Ten Rings' leader, Raza, Tony has since learned from a scientist named Yinsen that shrapnel in his chest that's digging deeper towards his heart has given him only weeks to live. And that's unfortunate, because unless Tony replicates and rebuilds an Iron Man for The Ten Rings from scratch... he's going to die a hell of alot sooner than that.

Little does he know that in the deepest pockets of space, his salvation may yet be waiting for him. A sentient weapon that once belonged to an alien named Tomar-Re, looking for the next potential candidate to draft into The Green Lantern Corps, has charted a course for Earth...

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Despite this clearly not being Tony Stark as Iron Man in the strictest sense, and the fact that I have made some alterations to his origin already, I do have plans to still utilize some of his most dangerous adversaries and his closest allies, such as Mandarin, Rhodey, and such. Though some would be used in very different ways. Even the concept of Tony donning a suit of armor isn't really tossed out in favor of the ring, because I feel like if Tony relied solely on the ring to be his weapon, it'd be a disservice to the character. It's just that his tech is used much differently than before, so don't go in thinking that this is just Tony Stark as Green Lantern. It's not.

Weaving the Iron Man mythos into the Lantern mythos is also a pretty good storytelling device that'll help expand Stark's horizons to cosmic proportions, resulting in innovations that Stark Industries would have never been able to accomplish without the ring's help or Tony's utilization of such a vast array of power. There's also going to be some familiar faces to the GL side of things popping up as supporting characters, though not in any way that'd prevent someone from taking up another of Earth's Lanterns. You won't see anyone like Hal, John, Kyle, or Guy show up, as I still want to keep those characters available for another player to take on.

What can you bring to the RPG: Hopefully a version of Tony worthy of all of this waiting. I know it's a big task to start Iron Man from the ground up, but I've always wanted the opportunity, I just never had the hook. This concept provides me with the hook. Plus, I love Iron Man and I love Green Lantern. So I hope they'll be two great tastes that taste great together.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Edwards Airforce Base
3 Years Ago

"I'm calling it the Iron Man."

Through their fifteen years of friendship, Tony Stark had never seen his confidant James Rhodes look so ready to shoot something down - both in the literal and figurative sense. But despite undoubtedly having more than a few good reasons to reject the pitch, not only because of the name, Tony had prepared for this kind of reaction. He was determined to make this partnership work, but that didn't mean he didn't anticipate having to sway Rhodes into agreeing to his every decision as the newly minted lead contractor to the United States Military. Hell, he figured that it'd be half the fun of the job. Raising his finger to prevent Rhodes from speaking, Tony threw his arm around the gruff Marine Captain's shoulders and led him closer towards the field of blueprints and test models sprawled out across a row of tables set up overnight.

"No, you're not taking this away from me. Shut up and listen."

In his first bid to seal the deal with the Department of Defense, Tony had devised a sound but simple strategy in order to move Stark Industries up the food chain of weapons' manufacturers in the country - provide them with the ultimate countermeasure against war itself. While every company on the market that wasn't Stark offered innovations in improving the struggles with current regimes, Tony was offering a glimpse into the future of American warfare. He wanted to build the weapon of tomorrow, not merely improve upon the relics of today.

"They're meant to be a multi-billion dollar asset, and I'm going out of my way to make sure your bosses get every nickel they spent. As you can see, the scaled version strays a little from the design you and I worked out..."

Rhodes raised an eyebrow. "You mean the design I helped with. Half the firepower is missing. No pulse cannon, no retractable weapon pods, the gauntlets are twice as small as the last configuration you made, so deployment munitions would be useless. This is hardly straying a little, Tony."

Stark shrugged.

"True, but my ideas are better. And to address your little issue with the arm-canons, I keep on telling you. That's where I intend to store the generators for the particle beam dischargers. This thing is meant to have more than just really big guns."

The two men faced eachother.

"Look, you come from a military background. That's your thing, and I get it. But all that you know from a design standpoint and practicality standpoint is what's come before. What's been put in your hands and what's been used to make Uncle Sam able to wave the ole' flag of freedom in the past."

Rhodes pointed directly into Tony's chest. "And you just want to make the next Ferari. This isn't about making the sleekest design. We're putting my men out there on the front line in these things, directly in the line of fire, and I want to make sure they have access to every piece of hardware that they need to make it out of the battlefield alive."

"And they will. That's what I'm saying, Rhodey. I didn't remove the guns just to make a statement, I'm giving you legitimately better firepower. More effective, more destructive, twice as orgasmic as firing any minigun would ever be."

"That's another thing, I don't see the minigun attached to the..."

Tony placed both hands firmly on Rhodes' shoulders and looked him dead in the eye.

"Hey, listen. It's all gonna work out. You follow me? It's all gonna work out. My dad spent his life building a legacy that he told me I'd carry into the future. This is how I start. If I wasn't completely, one-hundred percent sure that this was gonna work, I would have never done it. It'd be corporate suicide."

Rhodes stared back at him, still partially skeptical. But seeing the seriousness that was driving Stark, for once in his life, to do something that didn't end in a bedroom with a couple of blondes and an emptied bottle of bourbon, he eventually relented and turned back to the blueprints.

"No, what you did in Venice last week with that supermodel would be corporate suicide."

A wide smirk on his face, Tony loosened his tie. "Oh, that? That was nothing. You should see what I'm gonna do after these get accepted by the Pentagon. It involves a jet full of Victoria's Secret models, a few shots of Monte Carlo, and some rope."

Rhodes looked over his shoulder with a raised eyebrow.

"For me. Not for... well, unless they want..."

"Keep it to yourself, man."

Turning back to the design for the prototype armor suit, designated as Project Iron Man, Rhodes noticed something peculiar in the specifications. Originally, the suit's systems were supposed to be powered by a limited supply of thermal energy - a rechargeable battery pack would sustain a unit for up to 6 hours. But according to the new design layouts, there was something sketched in the center that everything channeled a path towards. Something called a C60 Arc Generator.

"What's this?"

Tony looked up, briefly, from doing calculations.

"Hmm?"

Rhodes indicated the sheet. "Arc generator?"

"Ah."

Stark waved it off. "Nothing to worry about. I just realized that the thermal energy deposit would be ineffecient for the charge rate we were going for, so I went ahead with the arc reactor module."

"Arc reactor? What's that supposed to be?"

"Renewable energy source. Self-sustaining and unlimited. Resilient's had it in the testing phase for six and a half years. We're putting it onto the field."

Once again becoming concerned, Rhodes turned back to the design. Even if the design looked better without them, he still missed the guns.

"Wouldn't that be too much of a risk?"

Tony smiled. "Like I said. Six and a half years of testing. I think it'll be fine."[/QUOTE]

Sorry about it being a bit lengthy. I know that's what people have come to expect out of me by now, but even I'll admit that I went a little overboard. I've literally been working on this application for a couple of weeks.

Looks **** to me. Just have to wait 48 hours until you're officially approved. :up:

Only thing is you don't have to worry about sector numbers and all that. The Corps are pretty much an endangered species at the present time, having already passed on into myth in most cultures and places of the cosmos.

The Joker is now in this game. However out of respect to Carnage I will not have him move to Gotham right now.

I was considering Bane as my other villain, but that's two big ones from Batman and that could really mess things up. So with that in mind I will contemplate another villain....maybe someone from the Superman universe (no it's not Lex).

Dude......MB. Your app. I think I may need to change my pants.

Also, MST, lemme know what ideas you've got for Supes villains, so I know what adjustments I shall need to make.

Also also, lemme know if anyone's up for a team-up with Big Blue.

Also also also......

518px-Reed_Richards_in_Future_Foundation_uniform.jpg

Character Name: Reed Richards of the Future Foundation

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Franklin Gothic Medium, Bold, Royal Blue

Powers and Abilities: Doctor Richards possesses one of the most thoroughly brilliant minds the human race has ever conceived, with the ability to grasp virtually any lesson on his first try, and an eidetic memory to store that knowledge indefinitely. His inventions-- not to mention his genius financial planning--have made him a self-made billionaire, though he funnels his immense riches towards his work.

Character Origin/Backstory: Reed Richards was always extraordinarily gifted, so much so that even his own parents were uneasy around him. Possessing an enormous aptitude for mathematics and the sciences, Reed blazed through school, graduating high school at the age of ten, receiving a Bachelors in Physics from UCLA at twelve, and receiving four different doctorates from MIT, Berkley, Oxford, and Columbia by age twenty.

This vast intelligence came at the cost of alienating others, people who resented and even feared him, who hated how he made them feel stupid without ever meaning to. Reed was often bullied and harassed all through his early life, which led to severe bouts of depression, his thoughts going down increasingly dark paths; throughout his teenage years, Reed often contemplated suicide.

That turned around in college when he made his first real friends: a well-meaning Air Force ROTC student named Benjamin Grimm, and an exchange student by the name of Victor Van Damme. Reed could spend hours on end discussing the finer points of the various sciences with Victor--the first person he'd ever met with a comparable intellect to his own-- while Ben would drag them both out of their dorms to meet new people and enjoy themselves; a futile task, ultimately, but an appreciated one. If Victor was the only person who understood Reed, then Ben was the only person who cared about him.

Sadly, Reed and Victor's collaborations would come to an abrupt and catastrophic end shortly before their graduation from Empire State University. While experimenting with a 'dimensional membrane auger' that they believed could tap into a "Phantom Zone" between spatial dimensions, they came to a heated argument over the device's specific calculations. Ultimately Victor won the argument, but when they attempted to activate the machine, the resulting explosion left Victor severely disfigured. He accused Richards of sabotaging the experiment, before returning to his home country of Latveria. Soon after, Latveria would be engulfed in a civil war, and Victor Van Damme was never heard from again.

Meanwhile, Reed Richards spent a short amount of time working for private scientific firms like STAR Labs and government-sponsored works like Cadmus, before deciding that he wanted nothing to do with either of them. Thanks to his friendship with Ben, Reed was instilled with a tremendous optimism, an incredible amount of faith in the common man, believing that mankind could be something truly fantastic if they had the right mindset for it.

To that end, Richards founded a scientific firm simply dubbed the Future Foundation. Backed by a personal fortune that Reed had amassed over years of ingenious financial methodology, the FF could push the boundaries of scientific knowledge, free from the entanglements of government or corporate interests. This attitude--not to mention the sheer mental firepower contained within the Baxter Building-- has often put the Future Foundation in the crosshairs of powerful rivals, most notably Lex Luthor.

Still, even while having to butt heads with men like Luthor, Richards has gathered some of the most brilliant minds in the world to join the Future Foundation. Geniuses like Michael Holt, like Ted Kord......and like Reed's first assistant, the devastatingly intelligent and stunningly beautiful Sue Storm.

The Future Foundation's latest attempt at a scientific breakthrough--the experimental spacecraft Excelsior-- nearly met with disaster due to an explosion on board the ship, likely due to sabotage. While Reed and his crew were saved, the effects of the explosion may have changed them more than any of them could expect.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Well, for starters, the FF is starting out as the Future Foundation right off the bat. Secondly, Reed is a lot more starry-eyed and idealistic than his 616 counterpart, channeling more of The Doctor than the detached technocrat that he is in the comic. And most of all, the radiation they were exposed to aboard the Excelsior might have given Reed and his pals something other than superpowers....

What can you bring to the RPG: If I'm lucky, a version of the character that everyone will enjoy and really empathize with and root for before this is all over. And if I'm not lucky, hey, I plan on doing some crazy stuff with aliens and maybe time travel or something!

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:[/QUOTE]

"Guys, I know.....I know the last couple of weeks have been rough," I say to Ben, Sue, and Johnny, standing by the circular conference table in the Baxter Building's central conference room. "And....and I know that I can't undo what I've done.....not yet, anyway.....but, well....."

"Will you spit it out already, Reed?" Ben says irritably.

"Right....right...." I say, before taking a deep breath. "Three years ago, we set up a research station to Antarctica, headed by Dr. Saul Erdel. Their official duty was to report on climate changes in the polar region."

"But that's not why they were really there, huh?" says Johnny with a raised eyebrow.

"No," I confirm it. "Unofficially, their duty was to locate the source of an anomalous energy signature beneath the polar ice. Over the course of the last three years, they've found the source and determined that the energy signature was pulsing at a regular rate."

"Okay," says Ben, "So what's that mean?"

"It means the energy is likely coming from an artificial source," Sue concludes. "Do you think it was man-made?"

"Not exactly," I say, shaking my head. "Considering how far the team had to dig to find the source, they're estimating that it's been in that ice for several million years. Dr. Erdell's notes support the theory of the energy signature being artificial in nature, which means that it may be, well......extraterrestrial in origin."

The others stare at me in amazement.

"It sounds crazy, I know," I say. "I tried to contact the Antarctica station to confirm Dr. Erdell's findings, but I haven't had any response. The entire facility's seemingly gone dead."

"So.....what do you think happened?"

"I'm not sure," I say, "but I'm personally heading down there to find out. I need an away team for this, and considering all that's happened, well...."

"Yeah, I'm in," Ben says with a sigh. "Someone's gotta keep you alive."

"I'm in too," says Sue, and I find myself smiling when I see the flash of excitement in her eyes.

"A trip to the coldest and most inhospitable place on Earth, to look around a dead research station where scientists were talking about digging up ancient aliens?" Johnny says with a shrug. "Hey, what's the worst that could happen? I'm in."

"Fantastic," I say with a smile. "Meet me downstairs in thirty minutes. I'll have the car ready."

Approved...is what I will say in 48 hours.

Good to finally have both a Mr. Fantastic and an Iron Man joining the game. :up:

It's been over 48 hours, so, MST3K, you're approved as Joker.

I know, being Batman, you probably had ideas for the Joker and would prefer him to wait to be introduced as Batman's nemesis, Carnage. As somebody who's pretty much got his entire season mapped out for Spidey, I feel you.

But, at the end of the day, this is a just a game and not a collection of fan fics. I can't in good conscious tell a potential player with a well-written application that they can't play a character just because a current player would rather they didn't.

In no way am I trying to dog on you at all, Carnage. Not my intent at all, brotha. I just felt you, and those following along, deserved a brief explanation to go with the approval.

It's all good.

It's been over 48 hours, and with no other apps...

pic11g.png

Character Name: Iron Man (Green Lantern of Sector 2814)

Character Speech Color and Font: Tahoma Bold, Dark Red for Tony's normal speech, Dark Green Arial Black otherwise

Powers and Abilities: Without the ring, Stark is just like any other genius, billionaire, playboy philanthropist that you might hope to find. Obscenely brilliant in the field of robotics and weapons' technology, Tony was a child prodigy capable of taking apart and reassembling a motherboard before the age of modern computers even occurred. With limitless resources and a bottomless checkbook at his disposal, even in his most unequipped state, Stark makes a formidable foe to all who step in his way. He just happens to also be the latest inheritor of the cosmic power ring that will allow him to create a new type of tech - one inhibited only by the limitations of his vast imagination and force of will.

Character Origin/Backstory: Born to parents Howard and Maria, Antonio 'Tony' Stark was given the best of both worlds - his father's strong sense of creativity and his mother's incredible mind. Tinkering around with his father's gadgets as a small boy, Howard was amazed to find that not only could his son recreate them to be better than they used to be, he could create entirely new inventions without even realizing it. So the broke Howard, despite having tried to patton a least a dozen of his own creations, started pitching Tony's instead to gain a profit. When it immediately took, the Stark family suddenly found themselves out of poverty and into the world of lavish wealth. Buying out a subsidiary company of Luthorcorp from to create the beginning template, Howard founded Stark Resilient as a creative think tank dedicated new ideas in weapons' technology. The company soon expanded into Stark Industries, for the production of the new weapons, and made Howard's family a household name. And this would all occur before Tony's 16th birthday.

Then tragedy visited the Stark household. While flying out on a business trip for Resilient, Howard and Maria were both killed when their plane went down following a horrific explosion that left young Tony orphaned. His reaction to this was growing into the role of the proverbial wild child, using his vast inheritance to party hard, womanize, and drink heavily into the long nights. Leaving Stark Industries in the capable hands of Howard's business associate, Hector Hammond, Tony lived a carefree existence well into his late 20's, despite his friends' and living relatives' wishes for something far better than the irresponsible mess that his life had spiraled into. Eventually, to appease them more than to better himself, Tony stepped up as the public representative of both companies, overseeing all projects and public engagements that he could find... which only worsened the problem, as he would often find nothing but women and cocktails waiting for him at every turn.

Finally, Tony decided to take more of an initiative in Stark Industries' future by working with his best friend and military captain, James Rhodes, to design new state-of-the-art military applications. Tony's favorite and most inspired of these designs was the robotic tank armor suit that would allow specialized soldiers to pilot a walking arsenal into battle and take control of extreme and various hazardous situations. Rhodes wanted to dub it the War Machine, but Tony had a different name in mind. The week after their designs were finalized, Tony and Rhodey put forth their pitch as Project Iron Man.

But Iron Man would not be ready to go into active development for years, lacking a sufficient power core and source of high energy output that the design required. Nevertheless, Tony ordered that the shells be manufactured and distributed to all American military outposts for future use. Deciding to personally accompany the shipment of Iron Man parts to Iraq, where morale was particularly low, Stark got far more than he bargained for by the time that he arrived. Accompanying a military convoy, Tony was caught off guard whenever the crossfire of a tense neighboring battle struck the convoy and forced him to flee. By the time that he nearly made it out of the desert, he accidentally hit a land mine and was sent, heavily injured, into the hands of The Ten Rings, a terrorist group who instantly recognized him as the face of Stark Industries.

Now a three-year captive of The Ten Rings' leader, Raza, Tony has since learned from a scientist named Yinsen that shrapnel in his chest that's digging deeper towards his heart has given him only weeks to live. And that's unfortunate, because unless Tony replicates and rebuilds an Iron Man for The Ten Rings from scratch... he's going to die a hell of alot sooner than that.

Little does he know that in the deepest pockets of space, his salvation may yet be waiting for him. A sentient weapon that once belonged to an alien named Tomar-Re, looking for the next potential candidate to draft into The Green Lantern Corps, has charted a course for Earth...

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Despite this clearly not being Tony Stark as Iron Man in the strictest sense, and the fact that I have made some alterations to his origin already, I do have plans to still utilize some of his most dangerous adversaries and his closest allies, such as Mandarin, Rhodey, and such. Though some would be used in very different ways. Even the concept of Tony donning a suit of armor isn't really tossed out in favor of the ring, because I feel like if Tony relied solely on the ring to be his weapon, it'd be a disservice to the character. It's just that his tech is used much differently than before, so don't go in thinking that this is just Tony Stark as Green Lantern. It's not.

Weaving the Iron Man mythos into the Lantern mythos is also a pretty good storytelling device that'll help expand Stark's horizons to cosmic proportions, resulting in innovations that Stark Industries would have never been able to accomplish without the ring's help or Tony's utilization of such a vast array of power. There's also going to be some familiar faces to the GL side of things popping up as supporting characters, though not in any way that'd prevent someone from taking up another of Earth's Lanterns. You won't see anyone like Hal, John, Kyle, or Guy show up, as I still want to keep those characters available for another player to take on.

What can you bring to the RPG: Hopefully a version of Tony worthy of all of this waiting. I know it's a big task to start Iron Man from the ground up, but I've always wanted the opportunity, I just never had the hook. This concept provides me with the hook. Plus, I love Iron Man and I love Green Lantern. So I hope they'll be two great tastes that taste great together.

Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

Edwards Airforce Base
3 Years Ago

"I'm calling it the Iron Man."

Through their fifteen years of friendship, Tony Stark had never seen his confidant James Rhodes look so ready to shoot something down - both in the literal and figurative sense. But despite undoubtedly having more than a few good reasons to reject the pitch, not only because of the name, Tony had prepared for this kind of reaction. He was determined to make this partnership work, but that didn't mean he didn't anticipate having to sway Rhodes into agreeing to his every decision as the newly minted lead contractor to the United States Military. Hell, he figured that it'd be half the fun of the job. Raising his finger to prevent Rhodes from speaking, Tony threw his arm around the gruff Marine Captain's shoulders and led him closer towards the field of blueprints and test models sprawled out across a row of tables set up overnight.

"No, you're not taking this away from me. Shut up and listen."

In his first bid to seal the deal with the Department of Defense, Tony had devised a sound but simple strategy in order to move Stark Industries up the food chain of weapons' manufacturers in the country - provide them with the ultimate countermeasure against war itself. While every company on the market that wasn't Stark offered innovations in improving the struggles with current regimes, Tony was offering a glimpse into the future of American warfare. He wanted to build the weapon of tomorrow, not merely improve upon the relics of today.

"They're meant to be a multi-billion dollar asset, and I'm going out of my way to make sure your bosses get every nickel they spent. As you can see, the scaled version strays a little from the design you and I worked out..."

Rhodes raised an eyebrow. "You mean the design I helped with. Half the firepower is missing. No pulse cannon, no retractable weapon pods, the gauntlets are twice as small as the last configuration you made, so deployment munitions would be useless. This is hardly straying a little, Tony."

Stark shrugged.

"True, but my ideas are better. And to address your little issue with the arm-canons, I keep on telling you. That's where I intend to store the generators for the particle beam dischargers. This thing is meant to have more than just really big guns."

The two men faced eachother.

"Look, you come from a military background. That's your thing, and I get it. But all that you know from a design standpoint and practicality standpoint is what's come before. What's been put in your hands and what's been used to make Uncle Sam able to wave the ole' flag of freedom in the past."

Rhodes pointed directly into Tony's chest. "And you just want to make the next Ferari. This isn't about making the sleekest design. We're putting my men out there on the front line in these things, directly in the line of fire, and I want to make sure they have access to every piece of hardware that they need to make it out of the battlefield alive."

"And they will. That's what I'm saying, Rhodey. I didn't remove the guns just to make a statement, I'm giving you legitimately better firepower. More effective, more destructive, twice as orgasmic as firing any minigun would ever be."

"That's another thing, I don't see the minigun attached to the..."

Tony placed both hands firmly on Rhodes' shoulders and looked him dead in the eye.

"Hey, listen. It's all gonna work out. You follow me? It's all gonna work out. My dad spent his life building a legacy that he told me I'd carry into the future. This is how I start. If I wasn't completely, one-hundred percent sure that this was gonna work, I would have never done it. It'd be corporate suicide."

Rhodes stared back at him, still partially skeptical. But seeing the seriousness that was driving Stark, for once in his life, to do something that didn't end in a bedroom with a couple of blondes and an emptied bottle of bourbon, he eventually relented and turned back to the blueprints.

"No, what you did in Venice last week with that supermodel would be corporate suicide."

A wide smirk on his face, Tony loosened his tie. "Oh, that? That was nothing. You should see what I'm gonna do after these get accepted by the Pentagon. It involves a jet full of Victoria's Secret models, a few shots of Monte Carlo, and some rope."

Rhodes looked over his shoulder with a raised eyebrow.

"For me. Not for... well, unless they want..."

"Keep it to yourself, man."

Turning back to the design for the prototype armor suit, designated as Project Iron Man, Rhodes noticed something peculiar in the specifications. Originally, the suit's systems were supposed to be powered by a limited supply of thermal energy - a rechargeable battery pack would sustain a unit for up to 6 hours. But according to the new design layouts, there was something sketched in the center that everything channeled a path towards. Something called a C60 Arc Generator.

"What's this?"

Tony looked up, briefly, from doing calculations.

"Hmm?"

Rhodes indicated the sheet. "Arc generator?"

"Ah."

Stark waved it off. "Nothing to worry about. I just realized that the thermal energy deposit would be ineffecient for the charge rate we were going for, so I went ahead with the arc reactor module."

"Arc reactor? What's that supposed to be?"

"Renewable energy source. Self-sustaining and unlimited. Resilient's had it in the testing phase for six and a half years. We're putting it onto the field."

Once again becoming concerned, Rhodes turned back to the design. Even if the design looked better without them, he still missed the guns.

"Wouldn't that be too much of a risk?"

Tony smiled. "Like I said. Six and a half years of testing. I think it'll be fine."
MB, my bromosexual, you are APPROVED!

Hey gang...okay an app should be up in the next 24-48 hours (I hope).

It won't be anyone from the Superman universe...it's another Bat-villain. This time it's The Riddler with a dash of a Marvel villain for good measure.

This is one that I feel very strong about.

Also also also......

518px-Reed_Richards_in_Future_Foundation_uniform.jpg

Character Name: Reed Richards of the Future Foundation

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Franklin Gothic Medium, Bold, Royal Blue

Powers and Abilities: Doctor Richards possesses one of the most thoroughly brilliant minds the human race has ever conceived, with the ability to grasp virtually any lesson on his first try, and an eidetic memory to store that knowledge indefinitely. His inventions-- not to mention his genius financial planning--have made him a self-made billionaire, though he funnels his immense riches towards his work.

Character Origin/Backstory: Reed Richards was always extraordinarily gifted, so much so that even his own parents were uneasy around him. Possessing an enormous aptitude for mathematics and the sciences, Reed blazed through school, graduating high school at the age of ten, receiving a Bachelors in Physics from UCLA at twelve, and receiving four different doctorates from MIT, Berkley, Oxford, and Columbia by age twenty.

This vast intelligence came at the cost of alienating others, people who resented and even feared him, who hated how he made them feel stupid without ever meaning to. Reed was often bullied and harassed all through his early life, which led to severe bouts of depression, his thoughts going down increasingly dark paths; throughout his teenage years, Reed often contemplated suicide.

That turned around in college when he made his first real friends: a well-meaning Air Force ROTC student named Benjamin Grimm, and an exchange student by the name of Victor Van Damme. Reed could spend hours on end discussing the finer points of the various sciences with Victor--the first person he'd ever met with a comparable intellect to his own-- while Ben would drag them both out of their dorms to meet new people and enjoy themselves; a futile task, ultimately, but an appreciated one. If Victor was the only person who understood Reed, then Ben was the only person who cared about him.

Sadly, Reed and Victor's collaborations would come to an abrupt and catastrophic end shortly before their graduation from Empire State University. While experimenting with a 'dimensional membrane auger' that they believed could tap into a "Phantom Zone" between spatial dimensions, they came to a heated argument over the device's specific calculations. Ultimately Victor won the argument, but when they attempted to activate the machine, the resulting explosion left Victor severely disfigured. He accused Richards of sabotaging the experiment, before returning to his home country of Latveria. Soon after, Latveria would be engulfed in a civil war, and Victor Van Damme was never heard from again.

Meanwhile, Reed Richards spent a short amount of time working for private scientific firms like STAR Labs and government-sponsored works like Cadmus, before deciding that he wanted nothing to do with either of them. Thanks to his friendship with Ben, Reed was instilled with a tremendous optimism, an incredible amount of faith in the common man, believing that mankind could be something truly fantastic if they had the right mindset for it.

To that end, Richards founded a scientific firm simply dubbed the Future Foundation. Backed by a personal fortune that Reed had amassed over years of ingenious financial methodology, the FF could push the boundaries of scientific knowledge, free from the entanglements of government or corporate interests. This attitude--not to mention the sheer mental firepower contained within the Baxter Building-- has often put the Future Foundation in the crosshairs of powerful rivals, most notably Lex Luthor.

Still, even while having to butt heads with men like Luthor, Richards has gathered some of the most brilliant minds in the world to join the Future Foundation. Geniuses like Michael Holt, like Ted Kord......and like Reed's first assistant, the devastatingly intelligent and stunningly beautiful Sue Storm.

The Future Foundation's latest attempt at a scientific breakthrough--the experimental spacecraft Excelsior-- nearly met with disaster due to an explosion on board the ship, likely due to sabotage. While Reed and his crew were saved, the effects of the explosion may have changed them more than any of them could expect.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Well, for starters, the FF is starting out as the Future Foundation right off the bat. Secondly, Reed is a lot more starry-eyed and idealistic than his 616 counterpart, channeling more of The Doctor than the detached technocrat that he is in the comic. And most of all, the radiation they were exposed to aboard the Excelsior might have given Reed and his pals something other than superpowers....

What can you bring to the RPG: If I'm lucky, a version of the character that everyone will enjoy and really empathize with and root for before this is all over. And if I'm not lucky, hey, I plan on doing some crazy stuff with aliens and maybe time travel or something!

"Guys, I know.....I know the last couple of weeks have been rough," I say to Ben, Sue, and Johnny, standing by the circular conference table in the Baxter Building's central conference room. "And....and I know that I can't undo what I've done.....not yet, anyway.....but, well....."

"Will you spit it out already, Reed?" Ben says irritably.

"Right....right...." I say, before taking a deep breath. "Three years ago, we set up a research station to Antarctica, headed by Dr. Saul Erdel. Their official duty was to report on climate changes in the polar region."

"But that's not why they were really there, huh?" says Johnny with a raised eyebrow.

"No," I confirm it. "Unofficially, their duty was to locate the source of an anomalous energy signature beneath the polar ice. Over the course of the last three years, they've found the source and determined that the energy signature was pulsing at a regular rate."

"Okay," says Ben, "So what's that mean?"

"It means the energy is likely coming from an artificial source," Sue concludes. "Do you think it was man-made?"

"Not exactly," I say, shaking my head. "Considering how far the team had to dig to find the source, they're estimating that it's been in that ice for several million years. Dr. Erdell's notes support the theory of the energy signature being artificial in nature, which means that it may be, well......extraterrestrial in origin."

The others stare at me in amazement.

"It sounds crazy, I know," I say. "I tried to contact the Antarctica station to confirm Dr. Erdell's findings, but I haven't had any response. The entire facility's seemingly gone dead."

"So.....what do you think happened?"

"I'm not sure," I say, "but I'm personally heading down there to find out. I need an away team for this, and considering all that's happened, well...."

"Yeah, I'm in," Ben says with a sigh. "Someone's gotta keep you alive."

"I'm in too," says Sue, and I find myself smiling when I see the flash of excitement in her eyes.

"A trip to the coldest and most inhospitable place on Earth, to look around a dead research station where scientists were talking about digging up ancient aliens?" Johnny says with a shrug. "Hey, what's the worst that could happen? I'm in."

"Fantastic," I say with a smile. "Meet me downstairs in thirty minutes. I'll have the car ready."
3qu29n.jpg

Character Name: Dr. Edward Nygma (A-K-A The Riddler)

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Villain

Character Speech Color and Font: (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Green & Tahoma

Powers and Abilities: Extremely intelligent and gifted in deductive reasoning. He is known for setting elaborate traps for his prey and always giving clues to where he will strike next through riddles.

Character Origin/Backstory:
While he was socially awkward and generally viewed as an outcast in his small West Texas Town Edward Nygma was a curious genius. High-School graduate at 12, College graduate at 15 and Harvard Med-School graduate at the age of 18. His graduating at the age of 18 caught the attention of a new organization called S-H-E-I-L-D and it's director Nick Fury.

Edward was at first reluctant to accept Fury's invitation but when he saw the medical equipment he would be using as the head of their medical division Edward jumped at the opportunity.

Edward at first was very shy and withdrawn and would watch his comrades interact while playing darts or pool. Edward didn't care about the interaction he studied the physics of the dart moving through the air, the basketball hitting the backboard, and the pool ball moving on the table. One day he tried playing darts against Fury, and Edward became the first person to ever beat Nick Fury in darts. He got so good at his aiming abilities he could carry on a conversation and play a game without even looking and never miss.

One day a top-secret S-H-I-E-L-D op was underway in Syria and they had wounded personel Edward was sent to try and save as many as he could. By the time he got there the unit was wiped out and he was taken to a prison camp. He was going to be executed but saw that the prison warden was sick and Edward saved him. This action bought Edward a stay of execution as periodically the prison "loaned" him out to other medical units. When he wasn't in the field he watched the guards use their guns. Edward generally hated guns but in this situation it was a challenge to learn how they worked and what they could do. Edward realized that while he had the gift of saving lives he also could do the opposite...take them away.

On one of his trips out while being guarded by 5 other men Edward used a pebble in the truck he was in and flicked it into a guard's throat. As he choked Edward managed to get his hand on a gun and killed all 5 guards and the driver of the truck. Edward escaped to a nearby allied country and quit S-H-I-E-L-D after a few weeks. Edward though didn't just relax or take it easy during his last weeks. He spent his last weeks at S-H-I-E-L-D studying how various Terrorist and Underworld Organizations communicated with one another. Soon he discovered how he could improve on the network for his own use and he would never be caught.

Edward moved to New York where he trained and became one of the most sought after and well-known plastic surgeons and gives millions away to charity. He still remembered though the rush of power he felt taking away a life. He studied and mastered several different types of weapons and killing methods. Edward began using the network he discovered to find various hit-jobs. He also began employing his killing methods and very quietly at first there wasn't a lot of interest, but soon word began to spread about the guy who would leave riddles at the police station, message boards and other media about someone and then eventually that person being dead in 24 hours. He got so good that not only has NO ONE ever seen him, he has moved on from mob hits to being an international assassin, but his name is spoken only in whispers among the law enforcement agencies and the underworld: The Riddler.

The Riddler has only 3 rules:
1) He interviews you 3 times. It can be anytime day or night and if you take longer than 3 seconds to answer a question the interview is over.
2) Within 12 hours of the job being done: payment in full or you're the next target.
3) No Children are to be near the target.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": Edward Nygma is a plastic surgeon and an international assassin. He is actually pretty good at hand to hand stuff if called on. The Riddler is combined with Bullseye (the accuracy aspect), and he is not as flamboyant as in the comics. There's also the kind, charming, & philathropic Edward & the cold-blooded calculating Riddler duality aspect which makes for a lot of fun.

What can you bring to the RPG: Another villain, over 30 yrs of RPG experience, and this could be the PERFECT enemy for Nightwing/Daredevil.

Edward enters his beach home in the Hamptons. He drops his luggage and stands in the front room.

Ahh perfection in solitude peace and....

Just then his phone rings...quiet.

He answers on a hands free device, "Dr. Nygma"

His receptionist Val says, "Sorry to bother in the Hamptons after your trip to Denver Dr. Nygma but Mrs. Swanson called a record number 20 times in the 2 weeks you were gone. She says she needs some freshening up."

Edward shakes his head and says, "The only way she could be freshened up involves a time-travelling DeLorean all right Val I assume she's on the phone patch her through."

Val replies, "Yes sir oh how was Denver?"

Edward looks at The Denver Post on his I-Pad and sees the front page discussing the Mayor's tragic death in an avalanche and says, "Oh just killing time in the snow my dear."

Edward schedules Mrs. Swanson for yet another face lift and once he hangs up with her he calls on a scambled cell-line Boss Sal Maroni.

Maroni answers and The Riddler says, "Riddle me this? Name the last three actors to play James Bond?"

Maroni stutters and stamers and after 3 seconds The Riddler says, "My time has been wasted. Business contract terminated."

He hangs up the phone and pulls out a racquetball. Edward bounces it in the middle of the floor, it hits the left wall, then the ceiling, and then the right wall and finally back to the exact same spot where he first bounced it.

Then quietly the marble coffee table slides away quietly revealing a stair-case. Edward goes down stairs and enters a spacious weapons room.

He looks at the various weapons and smiles as he says, "Hello my friends. Daddy's home."

Riddler_009.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think, JB? 48 hour rule or not?

I made a couple edits to explain how The Riddler gets word about various jobs. Otherwise...I'm done with this app...I can do no more.

ZPByX.png

Character Name: Agent Dinah Lance

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Black Trebuchet

Powers and Abilities: Dinah possess the mutant ability to propel an ultrasonic sound from her mouth by screaming. The sound is strong enough to destroy solid objects and incapacitate her opponents. However, she has since repressed this power and no longer knows how to use it. Dinah is an expert martial artist, and specialises in Judo. Her extensive military and SHIELD training has provided her with a vast knowledge of weaponry, machinery and computers.

Character Origin/Backstory: Dinah Lance was born to Laurel Lance, the daughter of JSA member Dinah Drake (aka The Canary) and Larry Lance. Dinah Drake was a powerful mutant, capable of killing her foes with her powerful 'canary cry'. However, after the JSA split, she fell in to a life of depression and hatred towards the mutant abilities that she believed had brought a curse upon her life. And lucky for her, Laurel Lance was born free of the mutant gene. The gene had become recessive.

But the luck didn't last. Laurel's first child (born from a one night stand) had developed the mutant gene, and had inherited the same abilities as her grandmother. Laurel lived in fear that her daughter would be shunned from society if they were to discover her true mutant nature. The young mother trained Dinah every day to subdue her 'canary cry' and gave her various remedies that often soothed Dinah when she felt like 'crying out'. By the age of 8, Dinah had repressed her abilities completely and was now classified as a 'latent mutant'.

Dinah's mutant heritage was kept hidden from her, and she grew up blissfully unaware that her grandmother had any sort of 'super power'. However, Dinah still looked up to her grandmother, and hoped to one day fight the forces of evil by her own accord. She joined the military as opposed to college, and went through three years of serving before she was 'spotted' by an agent of the Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate division, otherwise known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Dinah was recruited and extensively trained (as well as educated) to be at the top of her game.

Dinah had showed astounding potential during the SHIELD training sessions, and was selected to go on a course of further training in the Japanese sector of SHIELD. Upon arriving in Japan, Dinah found herself thrusted in to the depths of rural Japan. Dinah met the mysterious Lord Shingen and trained extensively with him for twelve long, gruelling months. She was originally scheduled to extend the training for a further two years, but Dinah recognised Lord Shingen's malicious tendencies and made a hasty decision to return back to America. Dinah's return was met with a promotion, and she now works alongside other agents to secure the relationship between SHIELD and the mutants of the world.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": For starters, Dinah is a mutant. Years of practice keep her powers repressed at the base of her brain, and she is completely unaware of her latent mutant gene. She is the granddaughter of the original Black Canary, but has no other connection to that alias. Plus, Dinah is an agent of SHIELD!

What can you bring to the RPG: A new outlook on Dinah. I know that she is like the lovechild of twylight but I'll try my best!

"But I called dibs on the jet first!" Dinah hissed.

Agent Dinah Lance had positioned herself in a squat at the edge of a skyscraper. Her right index and middle fingers were pressed to her ear, and she spoke softly in to the inside earpiece. Dinah had been keeping herself idle for the past twenty minutes, whilst shifting back and forth between squabbling against her fellow agent Bobbi Morse and keeping a vigilante eye out for criminal activity. But for Dinah, this wasn’t much of a strain. Next to carrying two wooden buckets full of water up a one hundred and one stone step climb: this was all a breeze. That was perhaps one of three things Dinah was grateful for during her time in Japan.

"And don’t you even try and play ‘the mockingbird’ card, because that jet was technically named ‘the black canary’ way before your small plucky ass had even graduated college!”

"Well you’re away on a mission as of now. Therefore, I get the jet. What do you expect me to do?” Bobbi began “Just sit around and wait for you to get back?”

Dinah opened her mouth to reply, but her eyes caught sight of vague figures forming in the dim light of the boat docks. The earpiece instantly shut down and she jolted upright on to her feet. Her blonde hair curled against the strong winds, despite Dinah’s best efforts to keep it back in a ponytail.

"And what do we have here?” Dinah muttered whilst glaring in to her digital binoculars.

The agent took a small step back and composed herself. She inhaled a sharp breath and slammed her thighs and feet together, followed by her raised arms. This was going to be one hell of a leap.

"Remember. You are a beautiful canary. The air is your blanket that shall carry you like the waves of the Okhotsk sea,” Dinah chanted.

She propelled in to the air with a single bounce, and used her upwards thrust to spin gracefully in to the night sky. For a brief moment, Dinah’s heart stopped. Paused, like the ending of a symphony. And then it kicked back up again, with the adrenaline flowing through her and engulfing every blood stream. This is what it felt like to be alive. Before she knew it, Dinah had her feet pointed towards the ground, ready to land.

"Yes!” She grunted “Perfect landing there, Dinah.”

Dinah landed with a perfect proportion of her weight, and she quickly knelt down to her knees in order to stay low. The agent now had the criminals in perfect sight. One was a female, with thick brown hair and olive blushed skin. The other was a man, with similar hair and skin – as if the two were some sort of family. Dinah waited for a few moments whilst calculating her next few moves. Once everything was precisely mapped out; she could make her first move. She slowly moved forward, making sure her pace wasn’t too fast or too steady. Eventually, she had found herself in a comfortable position where she could go undetected, yet stay in sight of the two criminals.

"You’re now in custody of the Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate department. Care for any last words?” Dinah emerged from the shadows and smirked.

Hmm, I'm on the fence about Black Canary falling under the 48 Hour Rule or not. Byrd, MB...your thoughts?

Could work either way. BC is not a super major character, but the character is gonna be the game's only SHIELD presence inside the game. That's a good chuck of the world to work with.

Just so we're clear, yes, Penguin's head of security is Tony Masters.

Hmm, I'm on the fence about Black Canary falling under the 48 Hour Rule or not. Byrd, MB...your thoughts?

Sorry, didn't see this yesterday.

But yeah, I'd say so. She's already waited a day.

ZPByX.png

Character Name: Agent Dinah Lance

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Black Trebuchet

Powers and Abilities: Dinah possess the mutant ability to propel an ultrasonic sound from her mouth by screaming. The sound is strong enough to destroy solid objects and incapacitate her opponents. However, she has since repressed this power and no longer knows how to use it. Dinah is an expert martial artist, and specialises in Judo. Her extensive military and SHIELD training has provided her with a vast knowledge of weaponry, machinery and computers.

Character Origin/Backstory: Dinah Lance was born to Laurel Lance, the daughter of JSA member Dinah Drake (aka The Canary) and Larry Lance. Dinah Drake was a powerful mutant, capable of killing her foes with her powerful 'canary cry'. However, after the JSA split, she fell in to a life of depression and hatred towards the mutant abilities that she believed had brought a curse upon her life. And lucky for her, Laurel Lance was born free of the mutant gene. The gene had become recessive.

But the luck didn't last. Laurel's first child (born from a one night stand) had developed the mutant gene, and had inherited the same abilities as her grandmother. Laurel lived in fear that her daughter would be shunned from society if they were to discover her true mutant nature. The young mother trained Dinah every day to subdue her 'canary cry' and gave her various remedies that often soothed Dinah when she felt like 'crying out'. By the age of 8, Dinah had repressed her abilities completely and was now classified as a 'latent mutant'.

Dinah's mutant heritage was kept hidden from her, and she grew up blissfully unaware that her grandmother had any sort of 'super power'. However, Dinah still looked up to her grandmother, and hoped to one day fight the forces of evil by her own accord. She joined the military as opposed to college, and went through three years of serving before she was 'spotted' by an agent of the Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate division, otherwise known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Dinah was recruited and extensively trained (as well as educated) to be at the top of her game.

Dinah had showed astounding potential during the SHIELD training sessions, and was selected to go on a course of further training in the Japanese sector of SHIELD. Upon arriving in Japan, Dinah found herself thrusted in to the depths of rural Japan. Dinah met the mysterious Lord Shingen and trained extensively with him for twelve long, gruelling months. She was originally scheduled to extend the training for a further two years, but Dinah recognised Lord Shingen's malicious tendencies and made a hasty decision to return back to America. Dinah's return was met with a promotion, and she now works alongside other agents to secure the relationship between SHIELD and the mutants of the world.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate": For starters, Dinah is a mutant. Years of practice keep her powers repressed at the base of her brain, and she is completely unaware of her latent mutant gene. She is the granddaughter of the original Black Canary, but has no other connection to that alias. Plus, Dinah is an agent of SHIELD!

What can you bring to the RPG: A new outlook on Dinah. I know that she is like the lovechild of twylight but I'll try my best!

"But I called dibs on the jet first!" Dinah hissed.

Agent Dinah Lance had positioned herself in a squat at the edge of a skyscraper. Her right index and middle fingers were pressed to her ear, and she spoke softly in to the inside earpiece. Dinah had been keeping herself idle for the past twenty minutes, whilst shifting back and forth between squabbling against her fellow agent Bobbi Morse and keeping a vigilante eye out for criminal activity. But for Dinah, this wasn’t much of a strain. Next to carrying two wooden buckets full of water up a one hundred and one stone step climb: this was all a breeze. That was perhaps one of three things Dinah was grateful for during her time in Japan.

"And don’t you even try and play ‘the mockingbird’ card, because that jet was technically named ‘the black canary’ way before your small plucky ass had even graduated college!”

"Well you’re away on a mission as of now. Therefore, I get the jet. What do you expect me to do?” Bobbi began “Just sit around and wait for you to get back?”

Dinah opened her mouth to reply, but her eyes caught sight of vague figures forming in the dim light of the boat docks. The earpiece instantly shut down and she jolted upright on to her feet. Her blonde hair curled against the strong winds, despite Dinah’s best efforts to keep it back in a ponytail.

"And what do we have here?” Dinah muttered whilst glaring in to her digital binoculars.

The agent took a small step back and composed herself. She inhaled a sharp breath and slammed her thighs and feet together, followed by her raised arms. This was going to be one hell of a leap.

"Remember. You are a beautiful canary. The air is your blanket that shall carry you like the waves of the Okhotsk sea,” Dinah chanted.

She propelled in to the air with a single bounce, and used her upwards thrust to spin gracefully in to the night sky. For a brief moment, Dinah’s heart stopped. Paused, like the ending of a symphony. And then it kicked back up again, with the adrenaline flowing through her and engulfing every blood stream. This is what it felt like to be alive. Before she knew it, Dinah had her feet pointed towards the ground, ready to land.

"Yes!” She grunted “Perfect landing there, Dinah.”

Dinah landed with a perfect proportion of her weight, and she quickly knelt down to her knees in order to stay low. The agent now had the criminals in perfect sight. One was a female, with thick brown hair and olive blushed skin. The other was a man, with similar hair and skin – as if the two were some sort of family. Dinah waited for a few moments whilst calculating her next few moves. Once everything was precisely mapped out; she could make her first move. She slowly moved forward, making sure her pace wasn’t too fast or too steady. Eventually, she had found herself in a comfortable position where she could go undetected, yet stay in sight of the two criminals.

"You’re now in custody of the Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate department. Care for any last words?” Dinah emerged from the shadows and smirked.

It's been 48 hours with no competition apps, so...

3qu29n.jpg

Well.. just gonna put this here... Not that I don't think J'Adore's is great (it is!), but this has been clanging around my head for a while, and since she hasn't posted, I thought I'd give it a go.

Character Name: Dinah Laurel Lance

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Neutral Good. She’s not a ‘hero’ yet, just a person.

Character Speech Color and Font (actually say what it is, like Blue Comic Sans): Navy Blue Arial

Powers and Abilities: She possess the ‘metahuman’ or mutant ability to project sound waves from her vocal folds which are mutated to allow her a wide range of abilities concerning them. Her lungs are also mutated to allow her more air capacity and intake.

She is skilled in Wushu, having trained with Shang-Chi, both empty-handed and with select weapons (staff, meteor hammer, tonfa and chain whip).

Character Origin/Backstory:

“Okay.” The woman said matter-of-factly as she nestled between the two girls on the quilt covered bed. Curly blonde hair leaned against her right side and a small bob of wavy black hair wedged under her arm. Opening the large picture book she laid it across her petite legs and started reading. Her dulcet tones sounding younger than their years as they wove an imaginary story and turned the pages, filled with colorful illustrations that danced and moved as she spoke.

“Once upon a time, there lived a girl with a very special gift. The gift of the birds. She could speak with them, and they were her friends. However their companionship wasn’t enough for the girl, so she went out and made new friends, human friends and in the process she met a wonderful prince. He was young, like her and they fell in love and married. Alas, he was a soldier and in defense of his country he left his wife, and unborn child for battle. In a terrible battle he was injured beyond healing and died, far away from his wife and family. Two months later a daughter was born to the girl, and with it, she became a woman. Her daughter was beautiful, pretty blonde hair and blue eyes, just like her father, and while she lacked the special gift of her mother, she had something else very special from her father. A wildly, creative scientific mind. The woman loved her daughter very much, but she was lonely for companionship of her own. One day, she met a King. He was no replacement for the prince, but he was kind and created a special place in her heart that filled it as much, if not more so, than the Prince had. They were wed and he took into his family the little blonde girl who loved him as she would have her own father.

Years passed and the new family welcomed into the family a daughter and a sister. While her sister’s hair was as bright as the sun, this girl’s hair was as dark as the bottom of the ocean. As soon as she was born, it was clear she possessed the special gift of her mother, but in a different way. She could make things break with her voice. Through training the girl harnessed her power enough to keep from hurting people and things. However, she was never allowed to sing.

Many happy years passed until the woman fell into madness. Her gift had turned on her. Where she once heard the happy thoughts of birds when she chose to, she found she could no longer lock them out. Their small voices overwhelmed her and took over her mind. Hopeless and helpless she stopped the voices herself, falling into a blissfully quiet forever-sleep. This left her two daughters and King to themselves. They loved each other harder than ever, but it was hard. The raven haired one feared birds and locked herself away, while the sun haired daughter fought to find the answer to her mother’s and sister’s special gifts. Due to the youngest sister’s ones fears a wedge was placed between the two sisters with the youngest one running off to discover a way to make her nightmares go away.

Years later, she returned after training her body and mind with an old, wise teacher. Older, wiser but just as scared and powerless over her powers. Her sister, unbeknownst to all, had joined an organization, intent on watching and caring for the world and all the people on it with a special gift. It was then that the sisters would heal the rift between them and grow to understand themselves.”

The woman stopped, three fourths of the book still remaining, and closed it gently, running her hand over the embossed leather of the binding.

The girls gasped.

“No momma! Read more!” The woman smiled and rose; the black haired girl flopping back onto the bed which bounced gently under her featherweight frame.

“Not tonight girls. You’ll have to find out how it ends later.” Amidst protests she kissed them ‘good night’ and tucked them in before slipping form the room and closing the door gently behind her.

A tall, broad frame stood in the shadows of the hallway and took a step forward.
“Aren’t they a little young for that story?” The woman put her arms around him, barely able to, and rested her chin on his chest.

“No. The lessons of their ancestors are important for them to learn about their future.”

What Makes This Version "Ultimate":

This version meshes together the Marvel and DC universes for the characters involved. Instead of working on getting them to work together I wanted to make them completely inseparable in terms of story lore, with both sides working in harmony together. Despite the differences there are enough similarities to make them the characters they’re based off of. The character is in new and different situations with slightly different coping mechanisms and family connections.

What can you bring to the RPG:
Besides an interesting story I can also offer baked goods and knitted items. But really I just want to play around with a different story concerning these characters.

Dinah watched as her mother extended her thin, bony finger and a small finch descended onto it lightly. The bird chirped and tilted its head delicately to the side, staring into the blue eyes of the gaunt and tiny woman whom it had landed on. Her mother smiled sweetly at the bird, her eyelids dipping a bit in peace as the bird sang sweetly. Dinah could only see a quarter of her profile. Miskept black hair blocked a direct view with its knotted waves.

“Mom.” Dinah said softly, taking a step closer. The world felt flat, tasteless around her as she moved.

Her mother remained intent on the bird.

“Mom.” She said louder. Reaching a hand out she placed it on the woman’s shoulder, feeling her mother’s shoulder bone through the thin fabric of the blouse.

Black hair swirled out in a hurricane of black as her mother’s head spun around, and for a second Dinah saw her face; mouth replaced by a dainty, short yellow beak, her eyes yellow and lidless with feathers as skin.

“AH!”She sat up straight in bed, the screech loud and clear was joined by the shattering of glass from across the room. She clasped her hands over her mouth, afraid of another accident as she took in as much air as she could through her nose. It was no use. Her heart beat wildly, fluttering like… wings of a scared bird. The thought was too much. She dropped her hands from her mouth and gripped her bedsheets on either side of her as she breathed in slowly through her mouth.

Slow.

Rhythmically.

Calm.

Closing her eyes she focused on her heart beat, it felt like her chest was collapsing into it, squeezing the very life out of her. She lost track of time as she calmed herself. The squeezing of her chest died enough for her to open her eyes. Her room was dark, black-out curtains hung on the window. Blocking out the light and the sight of her personal terrors. Glancing at the clock which glared '5:00pm' back at her, she realized Bobbi should be home from class by now; it was time to ask her a question. Oh, and there was the matter of whatever had broken on the other side of her room. Dinah sighed and moaned to herself, that meant dragging the vacuum all the way upstairs. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"