Ultimate One Universe - Genesis: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Alright, here's the deal: the next month of my life is gonna be pretty hectic between academic and personal responsibilities, but I know that once I get through this slog into the wide open expanse that is summer, I'll have plenty of time and energy to get back to writing.

So if it's alright with y'all, I'm going to focus all my energy on this Star-Lord/FF team-up and keep my other characters on quasi-hiatus until my schedule opens up. You might see a post here and there when the writing bug strikes, but I can't make any guarantees for the next couple weeks. So just know that I haven't abandoned the other three; I just don't want to start new arcs until I know I can maintain a good pace with them.

A wild Flash post appears!

I did say I'd post now and then when the mood struck me, and there we are. Flash has still got to get through his origin story, so he probably deserves the most attention of the quasi-hiatus-ers. Again, I just implore you guys to hang with me. In about three weeks' time now, I'll be completely in the clear from school.

I'll have Bats and Supes up tomorrow. Nearly done with a post that's far too long in the making

I'd love to get in this game but I've got like one idea. I'll have to PM Andy about it since he's using Thor with WW stuff.

Posts are coming! I've only got three days at home before I'm off again for the weekend, so I can't promise they'll come this week, but I'll do my best.

We all still here? Because I definitely need to get back into the game if we are.

We all still here? Because I definitely need to get back into the game if we are.

I'm still hear. Bats/Supes post that is eons late will be finished and posted this weekend. My life is finally not significantly busy where I can post a lot

I'm still about, I'll keep posting fairly frequently, otherwise I'll have to post bomb the Create-A-Post thread with like fifty Daredevil posts nobody will end up reading. I'm committed to seeing things out with Matt regardless of what happens. (We'll see what happens with Luthor)

A wild post appears! One in which Eddie finally acknowledges a thread that had been laid down back in February. What can I say? I may love the shiny new toy that is the DC RPG, but I'm not giving up on this one without a fight. Not when I have so many ideas for my characters that I want to share. So if it's just going to be me and Morden alternating solo fan fiction, then so be it!

But seriously, y'all should come back so we don't feel like a**holes.

Yeah, it would be great if other people could get back onboards with this, if only for the purely selfish reason that I'd feel less like I was inflicting my posts on people if there were a few more posts between!

With that being said, I think that the games (including this one) often grind to a halt after a time says a lot about the limitations of the long-form writing that most of us have taken up, myself included. It might be a little late to turn that particular super-tanker around in this game but I've love reading EB and Supergirl's exchange in the DC RPG and will try to get away from fan-fiction style writing and get back to RPGing too should I partake in either it or the new Marvel game being organised.

I think I may transfer one of my characters from the other site over here. I'm kind of losing interest in stuff over there and I don't think I've logged in in nearly a week.

It's a shame we couldn't bring a few of the guys there over here a bit more permanently.

Man, looking through this thread for the first time in months, and I can't help but look at the absurd amount of ideas I put forward in this thread for my Spider-Man concept... knowing that they went absolutely nowhere under my watch.

:facepalm:

That said, I may try and weed out what characters haven't been given a proper introduction in the confines of this game and throw something together. I know I promised I'd join 616, and I will, but I'll be honest - I'm having a harder time thinking up something there than I would thinking up something here.

MB, you need to...

vW9uPG2.gif

Okay. 10000000% getting posts up this week. Sticking with just Superman and Batman for now though. Too much work and notes for both of them. Sorry to be away so long. April and May were chock full of crap. I'm in here if you guys still are

Was going to make a Captain America post, but then I stayed up past 2 AM playing Borderlands 2, soooo...

Look for that in the next day or so.

Ah, posts from people that aren't me or Eddie will be a most welcome sight.

If only because it will make me seem less obsessive.

I remember a couple of months ago EBJ asked about characters who aren't members of the respective universes per say, but are owned by one of the Big Two. I think he was asking because of the Spirit. I'm asking because I thought about trying to bring back Tracy Lawless, the mid-level hitman/fixer from Brubaker and Phillip's Criminal, published by the Icon imprint of Marvel. I played him in the Marvel game last year.

Honestly, I'm fine with it. Anything that can get us some more activity

Groovy. There's some stuff about the Kingpin in my app, nothing major but let me know if it doesn't jive with what anybody else wants to do.

Character Name: Tracy Lawless

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line): Villain

Character Speech Font and Color: Arial and Black

Powers and Abilities:

No powers, but Tracy is a former Army special forces operator and has all the skills and abilities that come with that job. In addition, Tracy is extremely street smart and is an expert criminal.

Character Origin/Backstory:

Tracy Lawless' early life was rough. He and his brother Ricky were constantly abused by their drunken criminal father, Teeg Lawless. Teeg acted as an enforcer for a mid-level New York mobster named Rigoletto. While Tracy took the abuse and quietly hated his father, Rick loved and admired Teeg to the point that it made Tracy sick and made him hate his little brother. Tracy and Rick were arrested for auto theft when Tracy was 18 and Rick was 15. Rick went to Juvie while Tracy got the choice to go to prison or join the army. Tracy took the army as his chance to escape New York and his father.

Lawless excelled in the army, so much so that he became a candidate for special forces training. His covert work in the Yugoslav Wars led to the slaughter of an entire village in Bosnia. In Iraq, Tracy was arrested after killing four US Army officers for their mistreatment of an Iraqi family. The army hushed up the crime and deemed Lawless too valuable to send to jail or kick out of the service. After a year in a military prison, Tracy was released to continue working for special forces. Shortly after he found out his brother Rick had been killed. Tracy escaped from the military base and went AWOL back home to New York.

Once home, Tracy infiltrated Rick's crew and began to figure out who killed his brother while helping the crew on the score. Tracy stole cash from a courier of new mob boss Wilson Fisk upon his arrival back home. Fisk's people watched from afar as Tracy killed Rick's old crew in revenge. After discovering the true nature of his brother's murder and the pointlessness of revenge, Tracy was brought to the man himself. There Fisk made him an offer: Tracy would work for him as an enforcer or the Kingpin would kill the few people left in the world Tracy cared about. With no other option, Tracy accepted. Like Teeg, Tracy became the weapon of a cruel man. Despite his best efforts, the son had become the father.

What Makes This Version "Ultimate":

Tracy is pretty much the same, but I'm just inserting him into this world. Lots of potential for a street-level villain to get mixed up into in the UOU.

What can you bring to the RPG:

Some hard-boiled crime stories set inside this universe of superheroes. I'm the guy who does boring normie stuff, so it'll be more of that. Plus, he's a bad guy. Not on the same level as the others, but still a bad guy.

Sample Post (provide a short post of at least 3 paragraphs and 1 line of dialogue for your character):

Fathers & Sons​

The Cheetah Room
Lower Manhattan
3:15 AM

Tracy hated himself.

It wasn't for the usual reasons one engaged in self-loathing. It wasn't because he was broke. On the contrary, he had more money that he could hope to spend. It wasn't because of his looks. Despite the bad burn on his neck from Iraq he looked passable and never heard any complaints from the women he brought home. It wasn't because of his station in life. He was part of the inner circle of the city's biggest crime boss, a place many men would give their left nut for. Tracy hated himself because he was becoming his old man.

Like Teeg Lawless, Tracy was seen as one of the baddest mother****ers in all of New York, someone you avoided at all costs if you liked breathing. Like Teeg, Tracy's power was an illusion. It was a gifted granted to him by Fisk seemingly on a whim. Tracy knew he was feared and respected as long as the Kingpin allowed it. And that made him sicker than anything. He wanted to avoid becoming Teeg, wanted to avoid this city all together, but some dumb ass mistakes led him right back to New York and right under Fisk's thumb.

The Cheetah Room was part of the Kingpin's benevolent streak. The strip club was a gift to Tracy that was a pretty ****** gift. Tracy got a ten percent cut of the profits for managing it. Running the club meant having to deal with all the headaches nobody wanted to handle. Most guys out of the loop thought running a strip club entailed lapdances and blowjobs gratis. Instead Tracy had to listen to the strippers' drama and get sucked into the day to day tragedies that were their lives. Think of dealing with hormonal teenage girls, crying all over the place and hating each other and themselves... only all the girls have big fake silicone ******* Added to getting caught up into their personal bull****, Tracy also had to make sure none of the girls of other staff dealt drugs or peddled gash on the side. Fisk approved of the girls hooking and pushing blow, but only as long as he got his cut.

Tracy was taking his boss's cut of the action that night, sitting in the backroom with Gingy, the closest thing this diseased hellhole had to an assistant manager. Gingy was over fifty with bright red hair that came out of a bottle. She wore cowboys boots and tight jeans with black t-shirts. She looked every bit of the butch lesbian that she was. While Tracy didn't take advantage of the girls, Gingy was known on occasion to shack up with a few of the sapphicly inclined strippers. Gingy counted out Fisk and Tracy's cuts in twenties, a menthol hanging out of her mouth with half a cigarette's worth of ash dangling off the tip.

"That's 1,000," she said after counting out fifty twenties that went into Tracy's pile.

She dumped the ashes and started on another set of twenties when the burner cell in Tracy's pocket went off. He looked at the number and knew something was up.

Red Hook property. One hour.

Tracy closed the phone and looked at the clock on the wall before standing.

"I have to go," he said to Gingy as he got his coat. "Count it all out and put it in the safe below the desk, put my share in one bag and the big man's share in the other."

"You got it, sweetheart. I'll keep the ship running in your stead."

Red Hook, Brooklyn
4:18 AM

Tracy parked the Charger down the block from the four-story walk-up and made his way down the street on foot. Waiting for him on the fourth floor was Stein. Stein was one among the army of lawyers Fisk constantly kept on retainer, with a few of them acting as messengers when the man himself was preoccupied with something. Everything said between Fisk, Stein, and whoever he relayed a message to would be cover by attorney-client privilege. A rumpled polo shirt and khakis replaced the downtown lawyer's usual three-piece power suit.

"Lawless, how are you, boychik?"

"It's four in the morning and I'm in Red Hook, how do you think I am?"

"Right, so no small talk. Down to business, yes? Works for me. Now listen up, because none of this is on paper. Jimmy Bags' bookie shops have been getting hit over the past three weeks. Three robberies from a four man crew. They've been taking anywhere between ten and forty large each heist. Kingpin wants the feygeles found and killed in a very public way. Twenty grand per dead heister, got it?"

Tracy kept his hands in his pockets and silently mulled over what Stein had just told him. There was plenty of wiggle room inside of Fisk's vague orders, and he planned to use what he could to his advantage.

"Got it. Tell Kingpin they're as good as dead."

Three Days Later
Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
4:11 AM

Tracy Lawless cracked his knuckles and settled back into the seat of his car. Six hours into the stakeout and he began to settle in for a long haul. The house he was sitting on was a dump, a scorched husk of a building that someone torched years ago. It was the perfect place for squatters and people trying to lay low. Tracy had James Bagotti to thank for leading him here. Bagotti aka Jimmy Bags, capo to Silvermane and one of the many cogs in the Fisk organization, ran a dozen bookie shops around the outer boroughs. Tracy spent three days boning up on Jimmy Bags through his contacts, following the man and his family as they went about their day to day tasks.

Bagotti's bio read like a million others who joined the life. He was old school Maggia, joined the outfit when he was still a teenager. Purse snatching led to strongarm robberies which led to hijacking and running numbers. Sixty years old and Bagotti had climbed as far on the criminal ladder as far as he could. To some that would mark Jimmy Bags as a suspect for the robberies. He couldn't get past old man Silvermane, so he was letting his own joints get heisted and he was splitting the money. He got paid and it was a way to rub s*** in the old man's eye.

The clues that tipped Tracy off to the real culprit were long sleeves and itchy arms. Bagotti's youngest son, Carlo, still lived with his folks at the age of thirty. Tracy watched him coming and going the past few days. He always wore a long sleeve shirt and always picked at his arms when he walked down the street. It took Tracy all of ten minutes to peg Carlo as a junkie, the sleeves hiding the track marks that itched so bad when the kid needed a fix. He followed Carlo to a shooting gallery down near the waterfront. From there Tracy followed the guy Carlo copped from which led him to a stash house in Bed-Stuy. A small pack of four dealers worked out of the house. Four dealers, a four man crew ripping off bookie spots, a weak junkie whose father ran the bookmaking shops, a junkie could give them information for a fix.

He waited until nearly five in the morning before he made his move. Tracy slipped on a pair of surgical gloves and carried a Glock with a supressor attached to the end under his coat. He looped around the back of the building and came through a broken window, slow and quietly. Tracy pulled the gun out along with a flashlight covered in tape, emitting only a pin-sized light to use as a guide. He held his nose when he passed by three buckets that had been used as latrine. It took him ten minutes to find their stash tucked away in a baseboard near the fireplace. Tracy found nearly a hundred grand in crisp twenty dollar bills inside a satchel, not the type of money junkies handed over for horse. No, this was the type of money Jimmy's places carried before a big payout was coming. In addition to the cash, he found a half pound of uncut H and four machine pistols. Tracy tucked the money, dope, and guns into the satchel and swung it over his shoulder.

Tracy slowly glided up the rickety stairs like a ghost. Muscle memory kicked in when he reached the landing where the crew was sleeping. Check the corners, clear the rooms, plan your escape, kill as soon as you have eyes on the target. Flashbacks went through his mind, killing a Bosnian national in the 90's with a sniper rifle, garroting an Al-Qaeda cutout in Iraq. He was a Lawless, he had killing in his blood, but it was Uncle Sam who polished him and made him into a sparkly diamond of murderous potential.

The four guys were passed out on piss-stained mattresses. Tracy kept the flashlight beam low and aimed. Recoil shot up his elbow as he fired off four quick shots. The rounds hissed through the room, four bullets exploding the four men's heads. He fired off four more to each man's heart to be sure he was dead before calmly walking out into the early morning air. Tracy tucked the gun into his coat and climbed into the car, driving six blocks away before burying the gun and his gloves in the trashcan.

Park Slop, Brooklyn
10:48 AM

"Who the **** are you?"

Jimmy Bags sized Tracy up like a piece of meat. Tracy stood on his doorstep, impassively meeting the mobster's gaze.

"I'm Lawless. You know who I am, who I work for. Let's take a ride."

The look of recognition filled Jimmy Bag's eyes, quickly followed by fear. He knew what Tracy did, and why he was visiting him like this.

"Oh, God... Please--"

"If I was going to kill you you'd be dead already," Tracy said with slight annoyance. "Let's take a ride."

Thirty minutes later Tracy and Jimmy Bags were sitting in Tracy's car, parked outside a coffee shop ten blocks away from his home. Tracy retold the story, the guys robbing Jimmy's shops, following the trail and killing the four men, and of course Jimmy's own son.

"Look... I know Carlo has had problems, and me and my wife we've tried to help him... but... you..."

"You know who I work for,"Tracy said with a cool tone. "I'm offering you the chance to do it on your son's terms. Fisk will hold you and your family responsible for this theft. If he has his way, I'm gonna come back to your house with four more guys and we'll chop your entire family to pieces."

Jimmy Bags slumped forward in the seat and began to shake as he sobbed. Tracy ignored him and instead pulled a covered syringe from his coat pocket.

"This spike is loaded up with pure heroin. I don't care if your boy is goddamn Layne Staley reincarnated, this much pure H will kill him. It's either the OD or that other option I mentioned. Either give it to him or inject him tonight when he's asleep, but he does not live to see tomorrow."

Tracy slipped the syringe into Jimmy Bag's jacket while the man continued to cry. He felt a stab of remorse and something else much more powerful. Tracy realized it was envy. If Teeg Lawless would have been faced with this same dilemma, he knew Teeg would not hesitate to sacrifice his sons to save his own ass.

Jimmy Bags went back home somber and quiet. They rode in silence, the only time Jimmy acknowledge Tracy at all was a short nod to him as he got out the car and went into his house. For an old soldier like Jimmy, the nod was final acceptance to do what needed to be done. Tracy texted Stein that the job was completed. He told the lawyer to notify the Kingpin to check the papers and he'd find five deaths in Brooklyn all within the same day of each other, a quadruple homicide and one OD. The lawyer texted back his appreciation and told Tracy where to drop off the cash and drugs he had recovered. The money for the job would be waiting for him when he arrived home that night.

Tracy started up his car and headed back home to Manhattan. It wouldn't be long before he got another text with another job and another person who needed to be hurt. Tracy hated himself, not because he was becoming his old man, but because he had become his old man. He glanced up in the car's rearview mirror and wasn't entirely sure who it was he saw staring back at him.

Yeah, it would be great if other people could get back onboards with this, if only for the purely selfish reason that I'd feel less like I was inflicting my posts on people if there were a few more posts between!

With that being said, I think that the games (including this one) often grind to a halt after a time says a lot about the limitations of the long-form writing that most of us have taken up, myself included. It might be a little late to turn that particular super-tanker around in this game but I've love reading EB and Supergirl's exchange in the DC RPG and will try to get away from fan-fiction style writing and get back to RPGing too should I partake in either it or the new Marvel game being organised.
Yeah, I feel like the last few games have been too involved with setup without enough stomping on the gas pedal in the IC. I tried to counter that in a game of my own a while ago, but was too inexperienced at the time. Ive sseriously wanted to team-up with you guys for years at this point, but I worked with Andy once in 2013, I think. I'll get back to Hal when I have a convenient platform. 'Til then, I'll be lurking.

EDIT: In my plans for MAX Daredevil on RPG, I have a battle with Namor on my agenda. I feel like we've stuck to the confines of what already exists a bit too much, IMO. So I was going to treat every post as a one-shot epic after the first, but it takes far too long without feeling the interaction for me.

Last edited:
It's been nearly two days so I assume I'm good to go with my fella, then. Beware the relatively mundane criminal activities of this obscure comic book character! Mwahahahaha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"