• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Unpopular Comic Book Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't embrace it at all until the Joe Chill episode. Until then all I could see was shades of Adam West. (Don't bother pointing out that West was IN the Chill episode, either!)

"Couldn't embrace"... "Adam West"...

Does not compute.

Don't be absurd. Namor has no fans. He's a poor man's Aquaman, except Aquaman doesn't have the hots for his own cousin.

I like Namor, he would have been a pretty good fit on the Secret Avengers.

Steve Rogers: "Namor, I need you to sneak into this facility and uncover information about this secret organization that might or might not have something to do with Nick Fury's whereabouts."

Namor: "**** YOU, AIR-BREATHER! I AM THE KING OF ATLANTIS!"

Best addition to any team ever. Yaaayyyy :dry:

I wish Namor was a secret. :o

But seriously, I don't like one thing about the character, but I don't mind him, since I can just not read of course.

Steve Rogers: "Namor, I need you to sneak into this facility and uncover information about this secret organization that might or might not have something to do with Nick Fury's whereabouts."

Namor: "**** YOU, AIR-BREATHER! I AM THE KING OF ATLANTIS!"

Best addition to any team ever. Yaaayyyy :dry:

War Machine isn't the stealthiest person every and he still manages to have a place on the team. Granted, most of what I've read of Namor has been written by Brubaker. Maybe Brubaker writes him as less of a nuisance. I see him as having a lot of loyalty and respect for the people who've earned it, he wouldn't have a lot of conflicts with Rogers.

It's not Namor's lack of stealth I have a problem with. Not everyone on the team has to be stealthy. Hell, they've got the X-Men's Cookie Monster on the team.

Namor is a pompous buffoon and an all around a-hole. When he's not constantly telling everyone how much better than them he is (which is telling, psychologically), he's trying to steal another superhero's girlfriend. Even when he respects you, he's a jerk.

It's not Namor's lack of stealth I have a problem with. Not everyone on the team has to be stealthy. Hell, they've got the X-Men's Cookie Monster on the team.

Namor is a pompous buffoon and an all around a-hole. When he's not constantly telling everyone how much better than them he is (which is telling, psychologically), he's trying to steal another superhero's girlfriend. Even when he respects you, he's a jerk.
I read an Aquaman vs. Namor debate on CBM (the users amuse me from time to time.) and one of the reasons Namor was "awesomer" was that he slept with *specific superwomen he slept with that I don't remember*. Wouldn't that make for a worse hero? If you can't trust him with your girlfriend why would you trust him with your life?

I guess this is the best time to give one of my unpopular opinions. I don't like the Fantastic Four. They're just not that interesting to me. The Thing is alright occasionally but all the rest of them bore me so I don't really mind Namor trying to steal Sue. Namor doesn't really seem like a that much of a jerk when interacting with Rogers and Bucky and all the rest of his war buddies.

I got two.

The first one happened a bit back in the beginning of Siege, and it literally almost ruined Captain America for me.

It was just after he was brought back to life, he does typical Cap **** and jumps back into the leader role. Fine, cool. But please, for the love of God, don't show and imply that Ms. Marvel and Captain America had a secret affair. I seriously couldn't believe that I was reading that.

The other one is post-Siege and in the issue with Sentry's funeral. It was cool and all, up until Tony Stark made it about him and battle with alcoholism. Typical Tony. It got even worse, when out of no where, the writers decided to throw in a love affair between Rouge and Sentry for NO REASON AT ALL.

I mean, "Superman isn't good" and "Smallville is a good TV show" are really just two awful, but nonetheless actually quite popular opinions.

But combining them into "Superman isn't a good character, except in Smallville, which is the BEST interpretation of this mythos," now that is just amazing.

I said it was a LOOSE interpretation.

"Couldn't embrace"... "Adam West"...

Does not compute.

I'm not a fan of the old TV show. At all. It burns me up every time I try to convince my dad that that isn't the true interpretation of Batman.

I'm not a fan of the old TV show. At all. It burns me up every time I try to convince my dad that that isn't the true interpretation of Batman.

But what is the true interpretation of Batman? The paranoid control freak? The nearly psychotic rebel solider? The hairy chested Bat-love god? The deputized superhero that fights monsters, aliens and robots? Or is it Adam West?

Certainly not the long-winded, brightly colored, happy-go-lucky goofball. Not in my eyes anyway. Perhaps I would do better to say it's not the original interpretation.

I don't think its a big deal that Kevin Smith had Bruce piss himself. People freaking out about it are lame.

Wait, what? :huh:

I haven't read it myself, but I hear that Smith wrote a comic where Bruce Wayne may have pissed himself on one of his first adventures. Some people are making a big deal out of it. Maybe I'd have to read the comic for myself, but it doesn't sound much worse than Frank Miller having Bruce get slapped around by a prostitute on his first night out.

I haven't read it myself, but I hear that Smith wrote a comic where Bruce Wayne may have pissed himself on one of his first adventures. Some people are making a big deal out of it. Maybe I'd have to read the comic for myself, but it doesn't sound much worse than Frank Miller having Bruce get slapped around by a prostitute on his first night out.

NO... No, Batman supposedly pissing himself after one of the best scenes in one of the best origin story's ever written is much worse than that.

He also s**t on himself when he took out those white Martians, and threw up a little in his mouth when he knocked Guy Gardner out.

He also s**t on himself when he took out those white Martians, and threw up a little in his mouth when he knocked Guy Gardner out.

Haha!

And ejaculated when Bane crippled him.

(Just a lttle... I mean, nobody noticed or anything)

Huh...Hadn't heard about that. Thanks for clearing that up... :dry:

Haha!

And ejaculated when Bane crippled him.

(Just a lttle... I mean, nobody noticed or anything)

I could believe that. The guy has a pain fetish. A big burly Central American with a S&M mask throwing him around like a rag doll? He probably still uses that to get him through some of those mandatory ****e bangings he's gotta do every once in awhile to keep up the Bruce Wayne pretense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"