Until Dawn

I believe they were going for campy.

If that's true, which honestly I feel like it is based on the first nine minutes of the game, then I'm perfectly fine with that. haha

If they're trying to poke fun/be a 80's style B horror movie and pay homage to that, then I'm fine with that route. It just is weird though because some parts the writing is super solid! (The projection room speech by the killer).

brokengameshd doesn't have a high opinion of this

but here's another gameplay vid

I was hoping for a better score from IGN.

I can't wait for this tomorrow. I've always wanted a game like this.

I'm so excited to pick this up at midnight. I've been all over the place with my feelings towards this game. One day, I'm excited...the next, I'm turned off to the campy writing. I think overall though, it'll be one of those things you have to experience/control. I like how in-depth the consequence system is designed. It looks to deliver on that front where many fall short.

I look forward to hearing everyone's reactions. And if this game doesn't deliver, there is always that PS4 Heavy Rain remaster. :D

So will it be better than Heavy Rain? I hope so.

I bought it but tempted on returning it and getting it on a sale. Im too busy playing MGS PW and next GZ this week and after that will be fully into PP. I wont have time for this for a while and I dont want to start it only to put it down

I just completed the game...holy hell, in my opinion, this game was phenomenal. I rank it up there with the likes of Heavy Rain. What Supermassive managed to achieve with this IP is sensational. After watching a few of the walkthroughs earlier this month, my expectations were very low for this game. I thought it was going to be poorly written, campy, cheesy, not scary...I'm very glad I doubted Supermassive because this, this was a sleeper hit.

I know I say this a lot but, this is an R.L Stine "choose your ending" style game. In that same notion, R.L Stine wrote a great singular story and then would branch it off with all these lame/filler type scenarios and conclusions. While it's not fully the case here...I feel there is one linear story, saving all of them, that makes the game super fun and delivers.

Thinking back to all the videos/streams that turned me off...it's not the writing, it was the person's choices that were off putting. Obviously people will play a certain way but, I feel if you play logically/with the will to survive, you're in for a treat.

First playthrough, I clocked in around 10 to 11 hours. I managed to save everyone until the last six minutes of the game...3 out of 8 survived. -_- I thought I was going to prove Supermassive wrong about not being able to save everyone on your first playthrough. I then replayed the end, thanks to the episodic feature you unlock after completing the game, and changed a few choices...damn, wish it was my ending to the first play through.

This is currently my new favorite IP/game of this gen. I hope Supermassive tries another horror title. The formula they currently have is near perfect...they just need to tweak a few things and they'll be the Quantic Dream of the horror genre.

I'm really looking forward to starting a new story. If I could advise, this is a game you need to experience and not watch on youtube/streams etc. I know the style isn't for everyone but, if you're on the fence about playing it...just rent or buy but don't watch online. Playing through the parts I had already seen, it was a whole other ball game when I was in control. Spectating, I found myseld rolling my eyes and thought it was stupid...holding the controller, I found my heart racing as the events unfolded.

It's been a long time since a game truly delivered something memorable for me.

Last edited:
Picking this up today. So excited! Loved your review, Resistance.

Since I don't have a PS4 I'm watching a walkthrough on YouTube. So far I love it! It's like your typical teen horror movie with you in the director chair. I love games that make you choose difficult choises.

Since I don't have a PS4 I'm watching a walkthrough on YouTube. So far I love it! It's like your typical teen horror movie with you in the director chair. I love games that make you choose difficult choises.
Me too. I have a ps4 but haven't bought the game yet.:funny:

Lol I wish a game like this would come out for Xbox One. But watching it on YouTube feels better. It's like watching a horror movie xP

Definitely one of my favorite games this year. Played it twice already and still excited. So good.

i think quantum break is supposed to hav player affected choices

That's cool. That's what I liked about Deus Ex Human Revolution, when you got to choose what happened. It would be a dream come true if Until Dawn came to the Xbox One. But I know it won't happen.

That's cool. That's what I liked about Deus Ex Human Revolution, when you got to choose what happened. It would be a dream come true if Until Dawn came to the Xbox One. But I know it won't happen.
yeah it won't lol but quantum break's gonna be a pretty major release for xbone next year

I got tempted and went back on what I said and opened my game up. I regret it now. So far loving it but I have no time to play this with the SFV beta ending soon and Im really trying to complete side stuff in GZ in anticipation of getting PP. Im gonna put UD down and revisit it in a few weeks. Luckily i didnt get too far (2nd chapter)

Enjoyed this game so much. The story developed into something so unexpected.

ETA: Looks like there was a pricing error in the original ad

Last edited:
Ive been up and down with this game but decided to put MGSV on the backburner in favor of completing one playthrough of this. On Ch. 4 now. [BLACKOUT]Jess [/BLACKOUT]is dead in my game or so it seems. I hope [BLACKOUT]she's[/BLACKOUT] alive but it doesnt look good.

I'm not sure what the all-out sales figure for this game was, but it sold a little over 15K copies in Japan and provided a boost to Ps4 sales that week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"