Sony 2013 E3 Conference Thread

$399? I paid more for my PS3.

One thing Im confused about is the PS Eye. I thought it would be bundled with the system but its listed as a separate item with retailers. On one hand I don't think its a good move to not have it with every system bc now developers wont take advantage of itn bc not every user will have it. On the other hand, if this was done to keep the cost down, then I guess it might be worth it

eh, I think its fine putting the option out there. Ive never used the eye anf probably never will. It's also one of the things I dont like about the XB ONE is the inbuilt kinnect.

On another note, Sony-holy smokes, bye bye Microsoft, you just lost the game.

Amazon will not charge anything for the PS4 Pre Order until it ships right ?

They don't with any other type of preorder so I'm sure its the same in this case

No three version bundle ********. Just one $399 version. I will try heading to Gamestop tomorrow
That's all they showed yesterday and I think to stress the low price. I think there may still be higher configurations which include any combination of assesories like PS Eye, headset, Vita, larger drive, etc...

I will try heading to Gamestop tomorrow

05UkwRO.gif

Wonder what Sony Santa Monica is/will work on besides The Order which is Ready At Dawn Studios ...

I loathe the fact that Im most likely going to get Beyond from there as the Special Edition is exclusive to them

Yeah that's how they getcha! Evil company is evil.

why the hate for gamestop? (I ma actually curious, never bought from there)

why the hate for gamestop? (I ma actually curious, never bought from there)

It may be different for others but for me it's the culture and employees that have turned me into loathing the store so much. GameStop shoves bonuses and other incentives down you throat to get you to pre-order then try to buy it back immediately.

They love targeting mothers with kids IMO. Almost every GameStop I have been to have rude and snobbish employees that think so highly of themselves with exceptions here and there. I've had negative experiences. I go anywhere else for games.

Anybody know where I can rewatch the Sony press conference?

maybe I'm lucky, but the folks at my town's Gamestop have always been friendly, helpful, and professional. at least that's been my experience with them.

of course, they do ask if you want to preorder stuff or sign up for that reward card. but I just politely decline. and I've never felt they were trying to jam it down my throat.

Isn't one of the biggest complaints about Gamestop is that they will charge you nearly full price for a used game, but if you try to sell to them, they will only give you a small amount like $10-15, even for a new game?

I feel dirty when I walk into a Gamestop, like I get the feeling like I don't belong here. Besides, they are definetly not the best place to buy new games day one. They never have sales whereas other retailers will give you a $10-20 gift card with preorder or additional item like a bluray. They don't price match so even if you find a better price elsewhere, they wont honor it.. Going Gamestop, is simply the most expensive option out there and there is ALWAYS better deals to be found at Amazon and BB. In the event that GS were to have something, both would price match it anyway, so there is no need to go to GS unless they have an exclusive item like the Beyond SE. It'll cost me $60 but I know I can get the standard for $40-45 elsewhere.

What's on the Special Edition?

• Exclusive steel book premium packaging
  • Additional playable scene (30 mins gameplay)
  • Behind the scenes videos
  • Game soundtrack
  • PS3 Dynamic Theme
  • PSN Avatar Bundle
beyond_pre-order-steelbook.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, the only game I got from Gamestop was Assassin's Creed: Revelation, but only because they offered the Special Edition for free, although I didn't really notice much of a difference.

But for Christmas, my brother got me a $65 gift card with them and I nearly cried because I knew that I would only be able to get one game, whereas on some place like Amazon, I could probably find 2 games for that price.

maybe I'm lucky, but the folks at my town's Gamestop have always been friendly, helpful, and professional. at least that's been my experience with them.

of course, they do ask if you want to preorder stuff or sign up for that reward card. but I just politely decline. and I've never felt they were trying to jam it down my throat.

I've had them both ways. I've seen the snobby employees who will barely answer you, and try to push their specific preferences down your throat. Can't name how many times I was told I should buy a 360 there. On the other hand I've met some pretty cool employees there who go out of their way for the customer.

I've worked fast food (in high school), and retail (shortly after high school), and I've found one thing...customers SUCK. So I typically deal with Gamestop employees with that in mind. They can get pretty busy around here over some inane questions, and running around looking for games on the shelves for customers. So I go in with that understanding, and tell them I don't mind waiting. So typically they treat me pretty nice in response.

whaddya got against mortar and brick, buddy? :argh:

Nothing at all but Gamestop the damn devil. They screw the publishers and the gamers with used games. They are scam artists on the highest level.

The only real beef I have against Gamestop is them selling me open copies as new. The first time they pulled a disc out of some sleeve, shoved it in an open case, and charged me new price for it was I very shocked.

I don't care what's going on behind the scenes, once it's open it isn't new anymore. Not unless games I trade in open can be considered new too.

The only real beef I have against Gamestop is them selling me open copies as new. The first time they pulled a disc out of some sleeve, shoved it in an open case, and charged me new price for it was I very shocked.

I don't care what's going on behind the scenes, once it's open it isn't new anymore. Not unless games I trade in open can be considered new too.

That's when you ask for a wrapped copy of the game or refuse to purchase it.

Yeah they did that to me too, I don't go back there anymore. Best Buy and Target and occasionally the crappy K-Mart has better deals on games for new than GameStop, and there is some awesome used game places in my area that don't just have the current gen games and brand new still in shrinkwrap ones as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"