Sony Gamescom 2014 Press Conference Thread

Man talk about a boring conference only big news was software 2.0 hope TGS is better

I was hoping for guerrilla games new game to be shown and at least some news on uncharted 4
And where was vita has sony completely abandoned the vita?

Last edited:
Man talk about a boring conference only big news was software 2.0 hope TGS is better

I was hoping for guerrilla games new game to be shown and at least some news on uncharted 4
And where was vita has sony completely abandoned the vita?

lol...I feel as if people say this every conference. You'll hear people be disappointed with the lack of news and games, only to have others say Sony is waiting for the next big show. Next big show comes and its the same story....

As for Vita, this is all they had to say

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08...omments-on-alleged-lack-of-vita-announcements

They had plenty of cool games.

Bloodborne, Wild, Until Dawn, Hellblade, The Tomorrow Children, Silent Hill, Rime, Hollowpoint, Day Z, Volume, Destiny, Tearaway, In Space We Brawl.

Last edited:
They had plenty of cool games.

Bloodborne, Wild, Until Dawn, Hellblade, The Tomorrow Children, Silent Hill, Rime, Hollowpoint, Day Z, Volume, Destiny, Tearaway, In Space We Brawl.

:(

no tekken?

is gamescom a 1 day/1night event?

Just watched the Until Dawn trailer. First PS4 exclusive that really has my interest.

The trailers for Bloodborne, Wild and Until Dawn were all very impressive. PS4 is definitely building up enough of a library for me to get one if those all come out next year.

did they say anything about tekken 7?
I have something, something

Tekken 7 Producer Harada Seeks Fan Feedback For New Arab Character. August 11, 2014 . 1:01pm

Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada is turning to fans to ask whether they would like to see an Arab character in Tekken 7.

Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada recently wrote a post on Facebook where he posed a question to Tekken fans: whether or not they would like to see an Arab character (concept design above) in Tekken 7.

“To be honest, we did have an idea of an Arab fighter since 2008, but since most of the development team members are Japanese and do not know much about the Middle Eastern culture or clothes, we were not able to fully design it back then,” Harada wrote.

“But in recent years I (Harada) have been visiting places such as Dubai and Saudi Arabia, and many of the development staff members have been learning about Middle Eastern culture and designs. From there we came up with this character’s outfit design.”

Harada encourages Tekken fans—particularly those in the Middle East—to provide feedback on this potential new character. His place on the roster has not been cemented yet, and Harada says that there’s a chance he will be considerably changed or not included at all, depending on how feedback pans out.

True to his word, in the days following his Facebook post, Harada has been interacting with fans via his Twitter feed, taking feedback from them and even providing his own insights into the new character’s design.

“Whew..The open discussion is not easy way,” Harada tweeted on August 9th in English. “But It is glad Because We can get many people’s opinion & We can advance game development safely.”

Harada has said that he will turn to the Tekken community for feedback regarding other new characters in Tekken 7 in the future as well. These characters have not been revealed yet.

Read more stories about PlayStation 4 & Tekken 7 & Xbox One on Siliconera.

I didn't put up cause nothing much was show cased other then this

no tekken?

is gamescom a 1 day/1night event?

it's supposed to be a week long event

I have something, something

Tekken 7 Producer Harada Seeks Fan Feedback For New Arab Character. August 11, 2014 . 1:01pm

Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada is turning to fans to ask whether they would like to see an Arab character in Tekken 7.

I didn't put up cause nothing much was show cased other then this

it's supposed to be a week long event

ah ok, I already knew about the arab character thing but I find it a little inconsiderate that the director of tekken is looking to his customers for feedback on a non-japanese character when like 70% of the characters in tekken are already not japanese.

should I go ahead and make a Tekken 7 thread?

ah ok, I already knew about the arab character thing but I find it a little inconsiderate that the director of tekken is looking to his customers for feedback on a non-japanese character when like 70% of the characters in tekken are already not japanese.

should I go ahead and make a Tekken 7 thread?
Well It's to make sure not to offend them I'm sure very simple mistakes can happen which cause problems, And man alot of problem ca happen from misinterpretation that is from a tabloid bad comedy mag that does that on purpose) other wise it's to be avoid it all together. It would best for it not to offend anyone by putting someone/character of that race. But he really wants to have the race represented properly . He's being thoughtful.

Last edited:
It's to make sure not to offend them I'm sure very simple mistakes can happen which cause problems, And man alot of problem ca happen from misinterpretation that is from a tabloid bad comody mag that does that on purpose) other wise to a void it all toether it would best for ot to put someone/character of that race. but he really wants to have the race represented properly .

ah yeah, of course, does anybody remember the LBP controversy? -_- I'm Muslim, but the muslim community can really be some attention seeking, warmongering hotheads. not saying i'm perfect but I feel like they just stir things up just because they feel like it'll cause more publicity for them.

and anyways yeah... I think I'll go ahead and make a tekken 7 thread

in the sony forum

Do what you want. but I'd wait til you hear more news and what systems it'll be out on . That way one thread will be enough. And you'll have an active thread. Besides I think there is one already
Tekken 7 (
multipage.gif
1 2 )
Soapy

Last edited:
ah yeah, of course, does anybody remember the LBP controversy? -_- I'm Muslim, but the muslim community can really be some attention seeking, warmongering hotheads. not saying i'm perfect but I feel like they just stir things up just because they feel like it'll cause more publicity for them.

and anyways yeah... I think I'll go ahead and make a tekken 7 thread

in the sony forum
as Zenith mentioned, the game already has a thread in the Multiplatform section. You dont need to make seperate threads within the system forums if one already exist

as Zenith mentioned, the game already has a thread in the Multiplatform section. You dont need to make seperate threads within the system forums if one already exist

I didn't see zenith's post but okay, I should go populate that thread with my posts then

Two pod cast's one audio the other video and ones live now

And live now

Is Third Time For The Expendables The Charm?

Watch live video from epn on www.twitch.tv Today on Vic's Basement we will share a few memories of the late, great Robin Williams, before moving on to our thoughts on The Expendables 3, and much more! STREAM WILL START AT 2PM PST

source: EPN.TV& GI

A VOD of the latter will be in the same place .

Last edited:
Well the VOD is up from the latter video podcast and the metioed what MS did with tomb raider. so even if it wasn't in the title description it still up on current events .

A
nd since this event is all over

Gamescom 2014 round-up: Xbox, PlayStation, everything

(8 hours ago)

[YT]L_b0dBFQvwM[/YT]
We've still got a few more pieces coming as part of our Gamescom 2014 coverage, but we've wrapped up our week of daily treks to the Koelnmesse convention center. Yes, German readers, what I just wrote there was redundant, but let's just move on. If you missed our coverage, here are the highlights: Continue Reading

source: JoyStiq

Am I the only one who feels SONY focused way too much on indie games, or did I miss a big bunch of the game trailers?

"Indie" seems like kind of a pointless distinction to me. Does it really matter how big the budget is or how many people worked on it. Either games look cool or they don't, and I thought all the games Sony showed looked great.

Am I the only one who feels SONY focused way too much on indie games, or did I miss a big bunch of the game trailers?

that's been the same sentiment felt since last year's Gamescom and every conference since

"Indie" seems like kind of a pointless distinction to me. Does it really matter how big the budget is or how many people worked on it. Either games look cool or they don't, and I thought all the games Sony showed looked great.

Because, believe it or not, there are people that actually want AAA games to buy and play. Those have seemingly been de-emphasized which feels even more apparent as indie titles get a large chunk of focus and attention

My theory? Sony doesn't want to pull another Last Guardian here, by talking about games too early bc look at what mess that created. I think they'll hold their own projects tighter and reveal when they can definitely say they are able to release within a year or heck a few months like with LBP3

Last edited:
that's been the same sentiment felt since last year's Gamescom and every conference since

Because, believe it or not, there are people that actually want AAA games to buy and play. Those have seemingly been de-emphasized which feels even more apparent as indie titles get a large chunk of focus and attention

My theory? Sony doesn't want to pull another Last Guardian here, by talking about games too early bc look at what mess that created. I think they'll hold their own projects tighter and reveal when they can definitely say they are able to release within a year or heck a few months like with LBP3

the LBP3 release announcement was pretty cool but the actual reveal wasn't. And I don't consider LBP AAA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"