Sony 2013 E3 Conference Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
heres the thread for all things Sony come E3. Show is Monday

The legends are true! We’ll once again be livestreaming E3 worldwide over four gut-busting days during the videogame-iest time of the year. The live E3 broadcast (available in nine languages!) begins this Monday, June 10th at 5:30pm Pacific/8:30pm Eastern with the PlayStation E3 2013 Press Conference, the most exciting (and most Tweeted-about) event on the PlayStation calendar.

Then, starting Tuesday, June 11th at noon Pacific Time, we’ll kick off three days of our PlayStation LiveCast show featuring gameplay demos and developer interviews for zillions of upcoming PS4, PS3 and PS Vita games. Expect to see Beyond: Two Souls from Quantic Dream, Destiny from Bungie, DriveClub from Evolution Studios, The Evil Within from Tango GameWorks, Gran Turismo 6 from Polyphony Digital, inFAMOUS: Second Son from Sucker Punch Productions, Killzone: Shadow Fall and Killzone Mercenary from Guerrilla Games, The Last of Us from Naughty Dog, Tearaway from Media Molecule, Wolfenstein: The New Order from MachineGames and many, many more. All told, we’re planning to showcase more than 40 games across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

You’ll find the livestream right here on PlayStation.Blog, PlayStation.com, Ustream, a full-fledged virtual E3 booth complete with livestream in PlayStation Home, Facebook, and Google Plus. You’ll be able to watch E3 live directly on your PS3, too — look for the icon under your XMB’s What’s New section. PS Vita’s Nico Nico video app is in on the action too, supporting a feed of our E3 livestream. And if you’ can’t make the livestream, fret not: We’ll be heaping the live segments into PlayStation’s YouTube page as quickly as possible for later viewing.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/05/playstation-at-e3-2013-watch-it-live-starting-monday/

I'm hyped for it,Can't wait!!

What are ur guys' prediction mine are
$399 or $349 ps4
Ps vita price cut and maybe new version o vita with better battery screen and 4g
More games for ps4 revealed Uncharted 4 tease

I'm gonna play it safe and say 399.99...I WANT to say 349.99...But I'd say 400 is the safe bet. However, they would shock the hell out of EVERYONE if they went with 350.

Vita price drop to around 175.

Loads of games, several exclusives revealed and finally they will announce their stance on used games to the world.

$399 PS3

I suspect the Vita will be dropped to $199.

I think theres still some more PS+ games reveals. They'll announce it on Monday for download the next day

Santa Monica's next project will be revealed (still praying for Heavenly Sword!)

More info on what Gaikai will mean for the PS4. I think they will reveal more about streaming older games. Possibly a subscription fee to access that if its not integrated into Plus in a new tier system. Man it would be great if the PS4 could recognize your PS3 discs and allow you to then use Gaikai to access the games, instead of completely re-purchasing them. Even with a subscription fee to use this service, I think it would be a good alternative. If the PS4's tech of being able to cache data and stop a game and resume at any point can be translated to PS3 titles, that would help in the event that your internent cuts out before you were able to save a game.

I think we'll get an answer on if PSN will be free for the PS4 or if there will be subscription.

Maybe we'll see a long forgotten Sony franchise get a revival, like Twisted Metal did 2 years ago. Syphon Filter?

Infamous will come to the Vita. Possible game to bridge the gap between 2 and Second Son. That or a Cole prequel which takes place between 1 and 2.

Borderlands for Vita. I think the developers expressed interest in wanting to bring it over and said they'd need help from Sony.

I dont think the show will provide any definitive answer on used games but i think that will come in articles released after the show. It'll tie into their recent patent, with games being tied to your account but will not require an internet connection for activation and subsequent verifications.

Move mentioned of course but little emphasis on it

The relationship between Vita and PS4 will be stressed throughout the show. They will demonstrate that the console can function like a Wii-U and then some. I think Sony will make a good argument in how the two consoles compliment each other and enhance the gaming experience of both. Expect to see remote play being the major force behind that. Utilizing the PS4 and Gaikai, the Vita's digital library will expand exponentially and give any new gamer a reason to want to own one.

Possible every PSN title on the PS4 will have native Vita support

Last edited:
Whatever happened to bioshock for vita? a borderlands for vita would be really nice

Analyst are predicting 400 or less, I like this number

Has there been any rumours regarding a ps3 price drop?

I know I've done my E3 bingo card but I'll make some more predictions here.

- Deus Ex: The Fall will be confirmed as coming to Vita as well as iOS.
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown will be confirmed as coming to Vita after iOS.
- EA will confirm a range of ports of their iOS titles to hit Vita either through PS Mobile or the Store, including Dead Space and Mass Effect.
- BioShock Vita is confirmed to still be in development with an official trailer.
- Sony announces a way to play Vita on TVs, like a reverse remote play through PS4.
- The next Sony Bend title will be revealed as their sequel to Uncharted: Golden Abyss.
- The Last Guardian is confirmed for PS4.
- Naughty Dog will only be at the show in the form of an advert for The Last Of Us (because it would be CRAZY for them not to tell the millions of people watching that one of the PS3's definitive games will be out tomorrow).
- Sony's partnership with Insomniac will get a new lease of life in the wake of Fuse's failure. Either a new IP or another Ratchet will be revealed.
- Santa Monica's new game is a new IP, no mention of Kratos' return will be given.
- Media Molecule will reveal their new IP for PS4.

- Naughty Dog will only be at the show in the form of an advert for The Last Of Us (because it would be CRAZY for them not to tell the millions of people watching that one of the PS3's definitive games will be out tomorrow).
It actually comes out on Friday, not the next day, but IA. I do see them being on stage to promote the game. Its THE biggest exclusive for the PS3 this year. If they don't showcase it, that would be a huge blunder

- Sony's partnership with Insomniac will get a new lease of life in the wake of Fuse's failure. Either a new IP or another Ratchet will be revealed.
you really think that would be happening so soon? Fuse just came out 2 weeks ago. I definitely see Insomniac partnered up with Sony again but it seems too soon for them to have worked out a deal. I do see a new Ratchet game in the future but for the PS4/Vita and will coincide with the movie's release

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's that date in the US now, too. Forgot that.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get SOMETHING Uncharted from Naughty Dog..A teaser...Drake's voice over..Something. Nothing major just a small bit to let us know that it's coming.

I also forgot about Blizzard. I have a feeling their relationship with Sony will be fleshed out here. I'm sure they'll talk about Diablo III on consoles as well.

I also predict this...

The lights are out there's something in the middle of the stage with a big black drape over it with the PS logo on it. One single spot light comes on, Kaz walks onto the stage and says "introducing the playstation..." pulls of the drape to reveal "... ONE!"and it's literally a vintage Playstation.

Kaz trolls us and pokes fun at M$, crowd goes wild.

B770Fqv.jpg

I hope that Sony comes clean about everything: the look of the console, free or paid online, drm or no drm on used games, the listing price, and anything else I'm forgetting at this moment.

I don't expect PSN to be paid...PS+ seemed to have worked very well for them. Not sure why they'd change it.

Well no one expects the Spanish Inquisition either. :ninja:

Well...Yeah, but I always viewed PS+ as their paid service.. Are you guys talking about making PS+ the only option?

Yes. Granted it's a slim chance, but it's still possible.

Well, if that's the case I'd gladly do it. I spent 60 a year (30 when they had sales) for Live...And that wasn't for anything special. Sony at least throws free games my way for subscribing to PS+.

The PS4 is going to be heavily network based especially after their acquisition of Gaikai. They've announced alot of new features so far which will utilize that and more to come. All of that costs alot of money to run to have those servers running, not to mention all the bandwith it will cost. I cant imagine it all just being free. Its not even about Sony making money off of customers; they'd be losing money if they dont do something. They couldnt change their PSN policy of free access midway through the systems release but htey can definetly add a charge at the start of a new system. They may do a basic fee for like $25 which will grant you access to use PSN for online play, cloud and share functionality and $50 for additional features which can currently be found in PS+

MS isn't going to back down on a Gold account being the only real way to use Live. Silver offers next to nothing. But MS is going to keep that model. Sony would be foolish to make nonpaid online services as thin as Silver. Sony will probably keep it as is. They are off to a great start. Making Plus/Non-plus like Gold and Silver would kill any momentum Sony has. Their console is set to overtake X-Box this gen, provided they keep the price point reasonable. If their main online services (game features, Netflix, etc) remains free (unlike Live), Sony will probably corner the online market. They made some great strides with the PSN this generation. Now is the time to really overtake the market. Making it a paid service won't do that.

MS isn't going to back down on a Gold account being the only real way to use Live. Silver offers next to nothing. But MS is going to keep that model. Sony would be foolish to make nonpaid online services as thin as Silver. Sony will probably keep it as is. They are off to a great start. Making Plus/Non-plus like Gold and Silver would kill any momentum Sony has. Their console is set to overtake X-Box this gen, provided they keep the price point reasonable. If their main online services (game features, Netflix, etc) remains free (unlike Live), Sony will probably corner the online market. They made some great strides with the PSN this generation. Now is the time to really overtake the market. Making it a paid service won't do that.
and losing money for the next 5-7 years wont benefit them either.

The PS4 is going to be heavily network based especially after their acquisition of Gaikai. They've announced alot of new features so far which will utilize that and more to come. All of that costs alot of money to run to have those servers running, not to mention all the bandwith it will cost. I cant imagine it all just being free. Its not even about Sony making money off of customers; they'd be losing money if they dont do something. They couldnt change their PSN policy of free access midway through the systems release but htey can definetly add a charge at the start of a new system. They may do a basic fee for like $25 which will grant you access to use PSN for online play, cloud and share functionality and $50 for additional features which can currently be found in PS+

I could see a charge for Cloud functionality coming with PS+ (as well as the other features of PS+), but not online play and sharing (at least if we are talking about similar sharing, like roster sharing on sports games, created wrestler sharing in WWE, etc). I'm guessing online play, browsing, sharing, and streaming services such as Netflix will remain free (which will still make PSN-free more accessible than X-Box Silver), where as the rest of the features will be paid. Basically exactly what they have now.

I could see them having the standard free...and then 50-60 a year for the super version. Which, again, I'll pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"