Sony 2014 E3 Press Conference

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Sony-E314-Conf-Date-Set.jpg

Save the date. Sony's E3 press conference for this year is scheduled for June 9, 2014 at 6PM PST.
Sony's John Koller has said that 2014 will be a big year when it comes to new game announcements for the PS4 and has primed PS4 owners to expect news on a "significant amount" of big titles at E3 2014.

"It’s going to be a massive content year," Koller told Got Game.

"We’ve talked publicly that there’s a huge and significant amount of games coming this year to the PlayStation 4.

"We’ll be showing a lot of those and it is going to be an exciting moment for many people," Koller explained in reference to E3 2014.

"I can officially confirm that what is coming next is really spectacular. The types of games that are coming are absolutely fantastic.

"We’ve already talked about some of these already, but games like Destiny, which is the game from Bungie that is really going to be a show piece as to what makes the PlayStation 4 so special.

"E3 is going to be fun this year," Koller continued. "This is going to be one of those, you know, years where we’re going to have a fun time showing new games to the world."

Koller also suggested that those looking for more news on Naughty Dog's Uncharted 4 would do well to pay attention to this year's E3.

"We did announce that a new Uncharted game is coming. It’s Uncharted for PS4, but we haven’t announced many details, so that may be an interesting thing to tune in for at E3."
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2254398/sony_promises_spectacular_new_ps4_games_at_e3_2014.html

Can't wait,Will likely be watching live

"We did announce that a new Uncharted game is coming. It’s Uncharted for PS4."

Well it is new to me. So cool! U4 for PS4.

I'll probably be at work (if things pan out well for this new job.. which seems to be happening) but I'll watch the stream of it afterward.

Demon's Souls 2 or go home Sony

(But also lots of Project Morpheus please)

I've been reading on some reports of potential PS1 / PS2 backwards compatibility via local emulation.

If they did that, I'd probably buy one.

What does local emulation mean?

And with PS Now coming, I'd be shocked for any backwards compatibility.

What is local emulation?,Wouldn't Sony's bc be done by Gaikai streaming?

Local emulation means you can just pop your old PS1 / PS2 discs into the PS4. You would have to download software of course.

Streaming is still on its way, but to some people being able to use one's old discs would be a nice plus.

Local emulation means you can just pop your old PS1 / PS2 discs into the PS4. You would have to download software of course.

Streaming is still on its way, but to some people being able to use one's old discs would be a nice plus.

Yea because its highly doubtful they're going to let you stream anything for free. I wish both companies would figure out a way to do real bc.

I'm curious to see if it is even possible.

The original PS3 actually didn't emulate PS2 games, it had built-in PS2 hardware. Of course, that cost money, and I believe it's part of the reason the system was so bulky. Though apparently the PS3 Slim had enough power to brute force emulate PS2 games. Why Sony didn't take advantage of that, is anyone's guess. Someone told me they didn't think it was worth the money to work out the kinks. Some games worked fine, others not so much.

The PS4 is significantly more powerful, so it should be able to emulate PS2 games without any difficulty. PS3 games are another story though. Still, if Microsoft thinks it can locally emulate Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One, then theoretically, it might be possible to make the PS4 backwards compatible. But Sony really has no incentive to do that at this point, since they're doing great, and they're planning to use streaming to make it backwards compatible with some games. But it would be interesting to see what they would do if Microsoft did make the Xbox One backwards compatible.

Obviously putting PS3 hardware in the PS4 wasn't a viable option. They presumably still want to sell a few million more PS3's anyway.

If Microsoft can get BC working on the XB1, that might tip the balance for me.

Besides of course games,I am very interested in what Sony reveals as new console features cause there is a ton of potential to improve even more

It will be 4 in the morning for me so I will be watching it afterwards. :(

Besides of course games,I am very interested in what Sony reveals as new console features cause there is a ton of potential to improve even more
Yeah I'm very excited for new features

How, if at all, do you think Sony will respond to today's Xbox One announcements?

I don't think they need to do much of anything. All MS has done is prove that what Sony has been doing since launch, works.

But Sony can't help but take cheap shots, so I'm sure there will be something along the lines of, "imitation is the best form of flattery" or "continue doing what you've always been doing on the PS4" etc etc.

MS deserves to have all the cheap shots taken against them as someone can. I like my One but I'm still amused by all of these. Sony doesn't have to do a thing.. But I would chuckle if they dropped it to 350.

They won't.. But it would be funny.

Hopefully they can at least resist dumb skits at their E3 conference about it.

I hope they lower the price or reveal something huge for the console and drop the mic&walk away to end the conference :o

Last edited:
With Sony's overall financial problems, no way they can afford a price drop.

Nah, it won't happen.. They really don't need to.. People are buying it without one. It would be a dumb move.. MS had to, Sony doesn't.

They don't need to since the PS4 continues to outsell the X1. They won't drop the price as a reaction to MS until the X1 starts outselling the PS4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"