Venom Venom: Let There Be Carnage

That's a steep drop and along the lines I expected. While it's not going to make a whole lot more money, it'll do fine given its budget. I had it pegged dropping about 67% or about 30M for the weekend.

That's mostly from coming off a crazy high OW. That's a steep drop, but a ~ $30M 2nd weekend, which also has NTTD releasing, definitely isn't too bad

I don't think any studio expects any films to have too long of legs quite just yet. I honestly think most films are gonna continue being extremely front-loaded, pretty much until NWH (which I think will be the first movie that has the closest thing to pre-pandemic OW and legs / total BO haul)

That's mostly from coming off a crazy high OW. That's a steep drop, but a ~ $30M 2nd weekend, which also has NTTD releasing, definitely isn't too bad

I don't think any studio expects any films to have too long of legs quite just yet. I honestly think most films are gonna continue being extremely front-loaded, pretty much until NWH (which I think will be the first movie that has the closest thing to pre-pandemic OW and legs / total BO haul)

Having two major holidays like Christmas and New Year's should really add NWH overall gross since I fully expect it to play like a Star Wars movie and end up with a final gross well over $500M.

That movie is going to be monstrous and while Venom 2 might be somewhat frontloaded it doesn't change the fact that younger audiences are still going out in droves for these superhero movies.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/no-tim...a-global-international-box-office-1234853488/

Ahead of wider overseas rollout beginning next session, Sony’s Venom: Let There Be Carnageis having a blast. The weekend was good for $24.8M in 13 markets including a stunning $20M from Latin America. This makes it the region’s biggest opener of the pandemic era, outperforming recent pics like F9 (+1%), Shang-Chi (+164%) and No Time To Die (+238%) — based on standard opening weekends. The debut is 15% below the original Venom.

The offshore cume through Sunday on the Tom Hardy-starrer is $43.9M for a global cume of $185.6M

Next weekend, Venom unleashes in Korea, Italy, the UK, Spain, India, Saudi Arabia and Taiwan. Dune notably heads to Japan.

I just saw Venom 2.

Pros:
the banter between Eddie and the symbiote
Screwball humor
The look of Carnage.
Just the right length (Title of your sex tape)
end credit scene

Neutral"
Woody as Carnage was ok as was Naomi as Shriek
(Its interesting that we got another black actress playing a character who is stark white in the comics. Reminds me of Deadpool 2)

Cons:
Not enough action. There are quick bits here and there, but IMO there are only 2 real scenes, - Birth of Carnage and the final battle in the church.

There are some power displays that arent right with Carnage (Symbiote reveals a gaping hole where there should be Cletus flesh, creating a tornado) At one point, Kassidy kills someone and takes their outfit. Umm both Venom and Carnage can shape shift into clothes for the host. I havent read comics in 20 years and I remember that! Also, i dont think he threw any projectiles from his symbiote (that was a power Venom didnt have at least in the 90s)

IMO due to PG-13 Carnage doesnt seem as twisted as I would have liked. The character is one of the few out and out serial killers in Spider-man's rogues gallery and the fights should have been more visceral. Also, almost all the Venom scenes are at night. They need some at day.

Overall: This is more of a goofy comedy than a sci fi action/horror film. Whereas the first film was serious at times, this one amps up the goofiness a lot.

6/10

Ill echo a 6/10. To me this is a huge disappointment because I had Venom 1 at a 7.5/10.

I am so pissed that they gave this garbage script to Serkis/Hardy/Harrelson.

I couldn't even get properly excited about the post credit reveal. Also should've been rated R.

The visuals were okay sometimes. Brocks banter with Venom was good.

Watched it twice, I liked it the second time better, but it's still a 6.5/10 for me (maybe a 7).
I enjoyed the banter between Eddie and the symbiote a lot but I think it was a little too much at times, and I felt like it needed some serious/sad moments to contrast the funny parts.
Also felt like carnage was a little wasted, they could have added 10 more minutes and develop him a little more.
All in all I enjoyed it and definitely had a good time, but I still think it could've been better. Oh and very excited for the future!

Last edited:
There are some power displays that arent right with Carnage (Symbiote reveals a gaping hole where there should be Cletus flesh, creating a tornado).

So as of recently Carnage can do things like the gaping hole however Cletus doesn't really have a true physical body anymore in the comics or just pieces of his body are there. I tilted my head at that for a moment in the movie but with the power that symbiotes can heal bodies instantaneously and provide the nutrients needed for the host to survive, I was able to buy it.

Also, i dont think he threw any projectiles from his symbiote.

Not sure if you're talking about Carnage but if so, he's had this ability since his first full appearance. However if you meant Venom then you'd be correct that Venom doesn't shoot projectiles, at least during the 90s era.

Last edited:
3.5 out of 5.

It's better than the first film, but it's hurt by the short runtime and shallow characters. I like Woody as Cletus, but he is given little time to shine and the relationship with Carnage is mishandled. Naomi Harris does ok as Shriek, she's dialing it up to 11, which is understandable given the material, but it's hit or miss and it accentuates the lack of depth the relationship she has with Carnage.

Last edited:
Ill echo a 6/10. To me this is a huge disappointment because I had Venom 1 at a 7.5/10.

I am so pissed that they gave this garbage script to Serkis/Hardy/Harrelson.

I couldn't even get properly excited about the post credit reveal. Also should've been rated R.

The visuals were okay sometimes. Brocks banter with Venom was good.

Pretty much this, its an ok film but felt very early 00's in terms of style and depth, we've seen a lot lot better in the past 20 years but Hardy is entertaining and holds the thing together but the rest is pretty throwaway and forgettable, its a shame because Venom and Carnage deserve an epic showing on the big screen and this felt like a bit of a waste of the character. Not a film I ever need to see again. The first one was probably better overall.

Carnage and Shriek were a better Mister J and Harley than Leto and Robbie. This was pretty good, I really like all these characters to be honest. Really good casting all around! Hardy is so perfect for this. Can’t wait for the crossover.

Enjoyed this but not sure if I liked it more than the first. Carnage was good but we just needed a little more time with him. I thought Shriek brought an interesting dynamic to proceedings also. Venom and Eddie are still great and I liked the Toxin tease and what the credit scene means.

7/10

The drive-in finally got it, and I was nearly in tears with how good this was. I laughed until I couldn't breathe, and I cheered so loud at the climactic scene that I it was probably a good thing that I was in a car instead of a theatre. V: LTBC cracked my top 5 favorite CBM's, and I'll probably make a Youtube video about it soon.

Is this not getting a China release? That would be tons of money left on the table, it would clean up over there.

This wasn't very good. I think I like the first movie more.

Big spoilers:
I didn't like that they killed Carnage. I wanted to see both Venom and Carnage in a Spider-Man movie at some point. Maybe the symbiote could somehow survive inside Venom but Kasady is definitely dead. I liked the after credits scene. I hope this means that Venom appears in SM4. My only fear is that it will be very comedic. Both MCU Spidey and Venom movies are like that so its likely. They need to tone it down. I hope Peter has the symbiote for a while at least so Venom gets the spider symbol and the ability to shoot webs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"