Villains we need to see in this Batman solo franchise

However, I'd personally prefer the idea of Freeze repurposing an old diving suit. @CondimentKing floated the idea to me a month ago and I can't get it out of my head.

View attachment 58246
View attachment 58247
View attachment 58248

Yeah

There are congenital diseases which make you more sensitive to heat (Diabetes is unironically a good example). All you need to do is get the right disease symptom wise, add the accident which amplifies that ten fold and Freeze reverse engineers an old family heirloom diving suit to keep his body cold. And boom, you got grounded Freeze

Or it’s just a harsh winter and he wears a protective suit to keep him warm lol. And to protect himself from whatever’s coming out of that gun. I don’t think he needs to be this tropey scientist who gets into an accident. Just like Joker doesn’t need to fall into a vat of chemicals. His skin, temperature could be fine. Instead he’s going out against the elements on a dangerous mission and the weaponry he’s using isn’t very safe. Heisenberg that ****. Make the conditions nearly impossible. The worst winter in the history of Gotham and the east coast, with the prior flood making matters worse within the city. Get on top of that **** Bruce.

Nora should be the one having to deal with disease.

Last edited:
Or it’s just a harsh winter and he wears a protective suit to keep him warm lol. And to protect himself from whatever’s coming out of that gun. I don’t think he needs to be this tropey scientist who gets into an accident. Just like Joker doesn’t need to fall into a vat of chemicals. His skin, temperature could be fine. Instead he’s going out against the elements on a dangerous mission and the weaponry he’s using isn’t very safe. Heisenberg that ****. Make the conditions nearly impossible. The worst winter in the history of Gotham and the east coast, with the prior flood making matters worse within the city. Get on top of that **** Bruce.

Nora should be the one having to deal with disease.

Issue I have with that is that would result in Freeze essentially blending in with everyone else and you lose a touch of the personal tragedy with his story. The dude literally can't leave cold conditions, his life is a wreck and all he wants is to save his wife. I think losing the first one would honestly be a negative, because that both adds so much to the sympathy and tragedy of the character while also greatly informing his modus operandi. It's his ironic way of an eye for an eye. They froze him, so he'll freeze them.

I like your idea of the harshest winter in Gotham history, that has a lot of story potential. But I think having that be the only reason Freeze is in his getup would honestly be a drawback more than anything. While sure, Joker doesn't need to fall into a vat of chemicals, that's because the cause to his effect of him having white skin, a massive red grin and green hair is irrelevant. I can't really say the same when it comes to Freeze's accident and them dressing up as they do. Freeze's backstory is everything to his character.

I think what happened to his wife and career would be enough for me to feel for the guy and understand the shift in personality. However, why wait the following winter? Is it just because the proverbial plug is pulled at that moment? Or is it a dumb coincidence that he decides to wreak havoc during the harshest winter..

So you might be right. I agree that it would be better that way, I was just saying that it’s not like you couldn’t pull it off my way. It just wouldn’t be as good.

I’m not expecting Tomlin to just lift his story from The Imposter and directly apply it to this sequel, but it would be cool if he was able to use this opportunity to expand on his take on The Ventriloquist.

Haven’t read it yet. Didn’t know Ventriloquist was in it. Awesome.

Haven’t read it yet. Didn’t know Ventriloquist was in it. Awesome.
31834.jpg

Great choice! Im adding it to my list. I was thinking about Michael Cera but he'd be too much like Riddler.

I could see them casting an actor with comedic background

Hmmm I wonder if they’ll bring Ventriloquist into the Reeves franchise as a younger character.

Bill Hader?
Hader is a brilliant pick if they go away from the little old man route. He could pull off both roles and the thought of the voice he'd do for Scarface has me giddy.

The rumor of him for Dent had me intrigued but this is a way cooler fit in my mind.

Alrighty Mr Imagination, what would you do with Mr Clock King?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"