Villains.

I think we're overestimating Morrison's influence on this saga IMO
Probably. Which is a shame, I would love for this to just straight up adapt the Morrison stuff seeing as that's the GOAT Batman story. I am expecting a lot of the tropes, characters and aesthetics of Morrison's work without the same complexity or depth.

What I wouldn't give for a Justice League movie as weird and esoteric and meaningful as Final Crisis. It would never, ever happen but it would be so insanely cool.

Still, excited for any influence. Morrison IS DC comics for me.

They should get him on board as a consultant.

They should get him on board as a consultant.

Apparently they (Morrison uses they/them pronouns) and Gunn are friends, so its likely that Morrison is a consultant on the DCU, at least on an informal level.

I think Gunn’s DCU will use the more of the less believable Batman villains Poisen Ivy, Man-Bat, Rha’s Al Gul, Mr. Freeze, Bane with the serum, ect. I think he will leave Joker, Cat Woman, Pinguin and Riddler with Matt Reeves.

Tom King mentioned in an interview that Doctor Phosphorus is going to show up in a movie after Creature Commandos. He's a Batman villain originally. Maybe The Brave & the Bold?

Tom King mentioned in an interview that Doctor Phosphorus is going to show up in a movie after Creature Commandos. He's a Batman villain originally. Maybe The Brave & the Bold?

I'd be all for that.

Heck, if Gunn wants to really differentiate the DCU Batman from what Reeves and Pattinson are doing, the DCU could be a decent chance for Strange Apparition fans to finally see Silver St Cloud in live action too. Not sure how likely that'd be though with Talia being inevitably part of the story since TBATB will have Damien in it too.

I would love for this to just straight up adapt the Morrison stuff seeing as that's the GOAT Batman story.

Morrison IS DC comics for me.

upload_2023-3-13_9-3-5.gif

And this is the beauty of comics and Batman in particular. These characters have such long and rich histories. You love Morrison and say that he is the GOAT and he is probably one of my least favorite writers (All Star Superman aside) and one of my least favorite Batman writers. But we both can love Batman. And that’s awesome.

Myself, I hope we get much more Mike Barr/Denny O’Neil influenced story than a Morrison influenced story.

And my choice for primary villain: David Cain and Lady Shiva.

I think Gunn’s DCU will use the more of the less believable Batman villains Poisen Ivy, Man-Bat, Rha’s Al Gul, Mr. Freeze, Bane with the serum, ect. I think he will leave Joker, Cat Woman, Pinguin and Riddler with Matt Reeves.
i think in DCU Batman world we will see a more Comic Book accurate Ra's al Ghul with the lazarus pit DCU Joker falling into chemicals acids like Jack Nicholson Joker i just hope this time they use Joker Red Hood past Poison Ivy literally controlling plants and using pheromones Batman going to space fighting aliens being a member of the Justice League leaving Gotham in the care of his Bat Family its going to be exciting to see a Comic Book accurate Batman in live action

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"