The Dark Knight Rises Casting Call (All Villains)

Watch there will be blood and you will see, daniel day is the only man for the job.

Beth Reisgraf for Harley Quinn
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0726360/

leverage_beth-riesgraf-4_ph-michael-muller.jpg
Batman-Arkham-City-Harley-Quinn-and-Jokers-goons.jpg

She plays Parker on the TV series Leverage, who is a master thief and also a little crazy... watch the show and you can see that she could pull of harley EASY

For the record, CATWOMAN and HUSH (possibly Black Mask) are, in my opinion, the best choice of villains in the sequel. But I won't limit myself to just them in the casting:

Marion Cotillard as Selina Kyle
RETURNS6.jpg

catwalk16.jpg

27.jpg

batretn2351a.jpg

catwoman.jpg

Malin Akerman as Talia
ras_holy****malinakermanastalia06.jpg

Tom Hardy as Hush
batman-hush-hc2.jpg

BATMANHUSH.jpg

And... from the Silver Age:
Ben Kingsley as Hugo Strange, Kenneth Branagh as the Mad Hatter, Nicolas Cage as the Killer Moth, John Travolta as King Tut, and Billy Bob Thornton as Egghead. But don't expect these guys to came an appearance here.

Maybe it is mentoined before but after watching Batman: Under the Red Hood, i'm very open to the idea that Tom Hardy can play the Red Hood. I don't want Robin in the movie but working with some flashbacks that maybe will work and it will bring a very personal turn on Batman. A Batman with guilty feelings towards the death of one of his Robins and a link to the Joker who killed Jason and left him in a abonded wharehouse and Ra's al Ghul drops him in the Lazarus Pit and is reborn. It also makes a perfect link to the first 2 Batman movies.

jasontodd.png

Feeling the rage of Jason towards Bruce on the big screen would make great scenes!

Nolan said in his world Dick is still in a crib somewhere. So you want the movie to skip ahead about 22 years for Dick to grow up, become Robin, leave as Nightwing, Jason to show up, get killed, and come back?

Does anyone think that Daniel Day Lewis could pull off Hugo Strange?
Just curious.
To be honest, that's the only Bat-villain I can see him as.
Beth Reisgraf for Harley Quinn
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0726360/

leverage_beth-riesgraf-4_ph-michael-muller.jpg
Batman-Arkham-City-Harley-Quinn-and-Jokers-goons.jpg

She plays Parker on the TV series Leverage, who is a master thief and also a little crazy... watch the show and you can see that she could pull of harley EASY
Honestly, I've always found that show boring, so didnt stick around to see how well(or bad) the actors were, but this pic comparison just shows me they have similar outfits.
Maybe it is mentoined before but after watching Batman: Under the Red Hood, i'm very open to the idea that Tom Hardy can play the Red Hood. I don't want Robin in the movie but working with some flashbacks that maybe will work and it will bring a very personal turn on Batman. A Batman with guilty feelings towards the death of one of his Robins and a link to the Joker who killed Jason and left him in a abonded wharehouse and Ra's al Ghul drops him in the Lazarus Pit and is reborn. It also makes a perfect link to the first 2 Batman movies.

jasontodd.png

Feeling the rage of Jason towards Bruce on the big screen would make great scenes!
I had the same reaction for an opposite character in Under the Red Hood; Tom Hardy as Black Mask

I prefer Hardy as Black Mask than Strange, glad im not the only one.

Nolan said in his world Dick is still in a crib somewhere. So you want the movie to skip ahead about 22 years for Dick to grow up, become Robin, leave as Nightwing, Jason to show up, get killed, and come back?

In my opinion yes! With the help of flashbacks it would work.

I had the same reaction for an opposite character in Under the Red Hood; Tom Hardy as Black Mask

thejokerthedarkknight94.gif

Last edited:
Tom hardy is perfect for bane, f**king perfect.

Just watched Bronson for the first time.

Tom hardy is perfect for bane, f**king perfect.

Just watched Bronson for the first time.

Awesome!!! I concur though, Hardy would make a terrific Bane; I love how some awards that have been going to him for Inception as a "Break Out Performance" and having his best performance as Bronson flying right over there heads. Don't you just hate people? :oldrazz:

Isn't this pretty much the list we can draw from?

One of these characters would have to appear in Rises:

Talia Al Ghul
Black Mask
Rupert Thorne
Hugo Strange
Deadshot
The Ventriloquist with Scarface
Catwoman
Hush
Killer Croc
Deacon Blackfire
Bane
Harley Quinn
KGBeast
Ra's Al Ghul (Return)
The Scarecrow (Return)
Mr. Zsasz (Return)

There's literally nobody else, unless you want to get nuts (Come on! Let's get nuts!) with Man-Bat, Mad Hatter, Clayface, Firefly, and Poison Ivy.

Nolan officially ruled out The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, and The Penguin. There's no more Joker or Two-Face.

There could be two other possibilities:

1.) There is no villain. Not likely, but why not?
2.) The Nolans and Goyer invented a new villain from scratch.

Realistically, I think it's a 95% certainty we'll see at least ONE of these characters (or two or three):
Catwoman
Black Mask
Rupert Thorne
Hugo Strange
Deadshot
The Ventriloquist (and Scarface)
Talia Al Ghul
Bane

^^I personally just don't see how you could make a worthy Batman sequel without at least one of them. And let's be honest: it won't be KGBeast.

Just my two cents. And why does Tom Hardy have to play a Rogues Villain at all? Why can't he play a corporate businessman trying to bring down Wayne Enterprises, a character similar to Rutger Hauer's Mr. Earle from Batman Begins? If not that, he's either Deadshot, Black Mask, or Bane.

I think predicting how this will all play out is quite easy. I'm not expecting any huge surprises as far as villains go. What you see (above) is what you get.

^^I personally just don't see how you could make a worthy Batman sequel without at least one of them. And let's be honest: it won't be KGBeast.

Just my two cents. And why does Tom Hardy have to play a Rogues Villain at all? Why can't he play a corporate businessman trying to bring down Wayne Enterprises, a character similar to Rutger Hauer's Mr. Earle from Batman Begins? If not that, he's either Deadshot, Black Mask, or Bane.

I think predicting how this will all play out is quite easy. I'm not expecting any huge surprises as far as villains go. What you see (above) is what you get.
Tom Hardy is like an 'it actor' right now. It doesnt seem likely to cast him as a sucha small character. Even if both the Batman movies have big names for the supporting characters

Tom Hardy is like an 'it actor' right now. It doesnt seem likely to cast him as a sucha small character. Even if both the Batman movies have big names for the supporting characters

If that's true, then he could only be Bane, Deadshot, or Black Mask.

Hardy was brilliant in Bronson, an actor with real presence on screen. I just watched Bronson last week and it's amazing how he carries the entire film while still being the only notable 'character'.

But, and this is me repeating myself (I hate repeating myself), why aren't you guys thinking of HUSH? Simply because he's moderately a new villains, does not rule him out.

Most Bat-Fans really don't like Hush, so I don't think they want to see him in TDK.

I wouldn't mind. I think he's a better villain than Blac Mask.

It sucks too much that Heath died. A Joker comeback in Rises for an apotheotic final confrontation inspired in The Dark Knight Returns novel would be solid gold.

isn't ironic that in the past burton films they can't make the joker come back because he's dead in the film, and now we can't have the joker back because the actor died in real life.

i need some help, i'm making some teaser posters about the mayoral campaign in gotham with Rupert Thorne (Tom Berenger), Roland Dagget (Danny Huston), Mayor Garcia from TDK and Hamilton Hill, and i have no idea for an actor for Hill. anyone have an idea? i really need help with this.

Tony Goldwyn for Black Mask. Just watched Kiss the Girls and he would be fuc*in' perfect for the role, that is if it isn't played by Tom Hardy.

And he's definitely creepy looking...

conviction_dir.png

isn't ironic that in the past burton films they can't make the joker come back because he's dead in the film, and now we can't have the joker back because the actor died in real life.

There is no God.

Tony Goldwyn for Black Mask. Just watched Kiss the Girls and he would be fuc*in' perfect for the role, that is if it isn't played by Tom Hardy.

And he's definitely creepy looking...

conviction_dir.png

He's got a great deep voice for it too.

I agree. Not a single one that I can dissagree with stongly.

For me, Aaron Eckhart already did a great job as Dent... no need to change it. I'm not a big fan of Angelina Jolie, but she could probably pull off a pretty good Catwoman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"