Daredevil Vincent D'Onofrio Cast as Kingpin!

Yeah, there's really no reason for Kingpin to be in a Spider-Man movie...unless they can pull it off in a convincing manner, which, in of itself, is very hard to do considering they operate on two entirely different tiers.

Right now I could care less if the Netflix shows crossover with the films. Would it be cool yes but both the movies and Netflix shows are both doing good doing their own thing.

All I know is we need more of him, and soon.

He is up there with Ledgers Joker as the best live-action CB villain IMO.

He would've added some serious talent to Spider-Man Homecoming if he had been there in the background rebuilding his criminal empire. Imagine having D'Onofrio in the cast with RDJ and Keaton. Not everyone has Netflix, so he's still relatively hidden and not everyone has seen him. Someone like him ought to be allowed to shine on the big screen.

OK, but if you do that, what does that accomplish? He's still in prison right now. Also, my other issue is that I feel like if this Wilson Fisk met Spider-Man, he wouldn't mess around and would squash him.

OK, but if you do that, what does that accomplish? He's still in prison right now. Also, my other issue is that I feel like if this Wilson Fisk met Spider-Man, he wouldn't mess around and would squash him.

Problem being, as others have already pointed out, Spider-man would easily overpower Fisk in a fight. Fisk is just a very, very strong man. Spidey is superhuman. A backhand from Spidey would put Fisk on his ass.

Which is fine really. This Fisk has shown he doesn't need to be the one physically fighting you to be frightening. If anything, the way he builds a criminal empire (and continues to do so from inside a prison) is what makes him really scary.

I would love to see this Fisk in a Spidey film where they take cues from Bendis' USM Kingpin. He's so powerful that Spidey literally delivers a tape of him crushing a man's head and Kingpin still avoids a lasting prison sentence, and has the power to run for mayor...on an anti-Spider-man campaign. He's the villain that Spidey can't just beat up and drop off at the station to get rid of. That's a whole new level of scary. I would love to see it.

Squash Spiderman? He couldnt squash Daredevil who isnt superstrong. Obviously Im of the opinion that Fisk could show up in Spiderman and it could work. But I understand why theyd decide not to go that route.

Squash Spiderman? He couldnt squash Daredevil who isnt superstrong. Obviously Im of the opinion that Fisk could show up in Spiderman and it could work. But I understand why theyd decide not to go that route.

He manipulated Daredevil to attack him at his weakest. He'd do the same to Spider-Man.

He would've added some serious talent to Spider-Man Homecoming if he had been there in the background rebuilding his criminal empire. Imagine having D'Onofrio in the cast with RDJ and Keaton. Not everyone has Netflix, so he's still relatively hidden and not everyone has seen him. Someone like him ought to be allowed to shine on the big screen.

That's not true, he's not really hidden. There are a litany of videos on YouTube from the show that range from hundreds of thousands of views to the millions. People are definitely aware of the awesomeness that is D'Onofrio's Kingpin.

Yeah, there's really no reason for Kingpin to be in a Spider-Man movie...unless they can pull it off in a convincing manner, which, in of itself, is very hard to do considering they operate on two entirely different tiers.

Its not just the tiers, really. Its the radically different tonality and theme, to the point of being mutually incomprehensible. Trying to stick the Kingpin in a Spider-man movie would basically requiring violating the core tone of one of them.

Its not just the tiers, really. Its the radically different tonality and theme, to the point of being mutually incomprehensible. Trying to stick the Kingpin in a Spider-man movie would basically requiring violating the core tone of one of them.

But that's what people would have thought about mixing the likes of Iron Man (in 2008) and Thor or Hulk. They had to build up to it.

That's completely different, though. So different that the comparison you've presented doesn't sync up/work at all. And besides, nobody thought that at all, considering those characters have always been founding members of TA.

When Kingpin & Spider-Man did interact, the former was drastically overpowered. Since then, he's been kept at a more logical level & works primarily as Daredevil's main antagonist. That's how it should stay, both in comics and live action.

There's really no need to implement him into Spidey's universe.

He manipulated Daredevil to attack him at his weakest. He'd do the same to Spider-Man.

And Spidey at his weakest would easily mop the floor with this Kingpin...because at the end of the day, again, he's just a really strong human. Spidey, even a beat to hell Spidey, would be able to clock him in one punch.

But, as I said above, he doesn't need to be a physical threat to be a great villain. Which is why I'd love to see him in a Spidey film.

And Spidey at his weakest would easily mop the floor with this Kingpin...because at the end of the day, again, he's just a really strong human. Spidey, even a beat to hell Spidey, would be able to clock him in one punch.

But, as I said above, he doesn't need to be a physical threat to be a great villain. Which is why I'd love to see him in a Spidey film.

Nope.

06zn8v.jpg

ultimates_spider-man_1l78k.jpg

But that's what people would have thought about mixing the likes of Iron Man (in 2008) and Thor or Hulk. They had to build up to it.

The difference in tone between Iron Man and Thor/Hulk is minuscule compared to the tone difference between Daredevil and Spider-man. It might as well be night and day.

He's saying "this" Kingpin, as in the Netflix Kingpin, not the comics.

Yep. The fact that there are Kingpins in the comics who are tonally compatible with Spider-man is totally irrelevant. The Kingpin we have, is not one of them. Or, do you *really* want Spider-man in a movie where human brains have to be cleaned off the ground?

Kingpin was educated overseas. He could've gotten superpowers somewhere.

If Kingpin got his butt handed to him by a blind human who knows some martial arts, it's really unlikely he has superpowers of any kind. Which is perfectly fine. That's not who he is in the show. They wisely realized that while physical feats can be intimidating, there's more than one way to be scary or powerful.

The Netflix corner of the MCU is smaller and has lower stakes, so he doesn't need to be a physical juggernaut to be a huge threat.

If he likes Kingpin so much, why does he not seem open to playing the character in a Spider-Man movie?

I've only ever seen him say it's extremely unlikely Fisk will appear in a Spider-Man movie (which is true), not that he wouldn't be open to it.

If Kingpin got his butt handed to him by a blind human who knows some martial arts, it's really unlikely he has superpowers of any kind. Which is perfectly fine. That's not who he is in the show. They wisely realized that while physical feats can be intimidating, there's more than one way to be scary or powerful.

The Netflix corner of the MCU is smaller and has lower stakes, so he doesn't need to be a physical juggernaut to be a huge threat.

I've only ever seen him say it's extremely unlikely Fisk will appear in a Spider-Man movie (which is true), not that he wouldn't be open to it.
1. Daredevil isn't completely blind. His radar sense does allow him to see to some degree. When Foggy gave him the finger in front of his face, he knew what he was doing and could make it out.
2. Daredevil has superpowers.

1. Daredevil isn't completely blind. His radar sense does allow him to see to some degree. When Foggy gave him the finger in front of his face, he knew what he was doing and could make it out.
2. Daredevil has superpowers.

Affleck's Daredevil was as blind as a bat. :o

1. Daredevil isn't completely blind.

Regardless, he's a guy with some martial arts and he still knocked the crap out of Fisk. This is also a universe where we've seen organizations like SHIELD or the military have special prisons to deal with superpowered criminals, while Fisk ended up in a normal jail with human prisoners. It's a pretty fair assessment that Fisk doesn't have superpowers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"