Hawkeye Vincent D'Onofrio returning as Wilson Fisk / The Kingpin

I didn't mind the retcon of the Mandarin in Shang Chi as I thought the actual Mandarin should be played by a Chinese actor.

I didn't mind the retcon of the Mandarin in Shang Chi as I thought the actual Mandarin should be played by a Chinese actor.
On the other hand I found Kingsley's Mandarin extremely compelling and I absolutely loved his aesthetic.

I was gutted by the twist. Such a waste.

Oh my God, that was worse than the reveal itself. They turned him into a joke.
Gave him superhuman strength and some awful shirts, made him lose relatively easy from Bishop and all that to kill him in the end? Even if he didn't die, they took one of the most frightening villains in recent history and diminished him into a random low level threat guy.
I'm severely disappointed with how he was handled, but I guess Disney is gonna Disney with their villains in subsequent appearances.

Before I have to see any more complaints about the shirt, I'm just going to leave this here:

5197I3pohcL.jpg

Oh my God, that was worse than the reveal itself. They turned him into a joke.
Gave him superhuman strength and some awful shirts, made him lose relatively easy from Bishop and all that to kill him in the end? Even if he didn't die, they took one of the most frightening villains in recent history and diminished him into a random low level threat guy.
I'm severely disappointed with how he was handled, but I guess Disney is gonna Disney with their villains in subsequent appearances.

So you're mad they upped his strength but you also think they "diminished his threat"? That doesn't compute for me.

Before I have to see any more complaints about the shirt, I'm just going to leave this here:

5197I3pohcL.jpg
Ah, the all so mighty and classic "this happened in the comics, so it has to work in an adaptation, regardless the context" argument. The problem is not style and tone fidelity of a character compared to the source material, but to what came before in the same cinematic universe. Also people are allowed to not liking stuff from the comics, especially when there are tons of different versions there.
So you're mad they upped his strength but you also think they "diminished his threat"? That doesn't compute for me.
Yeah, because pure strength is what makes a villain threatening, not how he's overall depicted. They all of a sudden turned a dark and grounded figure to a cartoon
that's ripping car doors and throws people in the other side of the room with a punch. They made a criminal mastermind into a stupid brute that lost easily by a 20 year-old girl with zero fighting experience prior to the last few episodes.
If you think they amped him as a threat we have a completely different definition of the word.

Last edited:
Admittedly I've never really been able to get into Daredevil, but I liked Kingpin in this episode. The
obvious death fakeout
was a bit weak, but the above context does help.

Ah, the all so mighty and classic "this happened in the comics, so it has to work in an adaptation, regardless the context" argument. The problem is not style and tone fidelity of a character compared to the source material, but to what came before in the same cinematic universe. Also people are allowed to not liking stuff from the comics, especially when there are tons of different versions there.

Yeah, because pure strength is what makes a villain threatening, not how he's overall depicted. They all of a sudden turned a dark and grounded figure to a cartoon
that's ripping car doors and throws people in the other side of the room with a punch. They made a criminal mastermind into a stupid brute that lost easily by a 20 year-old girl with zero fighting experience prior to the last few episodes.
If you think they amped him as a threat we have a completely different definition of the word.
All this and yet Fiege and company have all but confirmed that the Netflix shows are not in the MCU and that these are new "variants" of Fisk and Matt.

Yeah...

They made him cartoon villain in this and Kat defeat him immediately... It's underwhelming
All this and yet Fiege and company have all but confirmed that the Netflix shows are not in the MCU and that these are new "variants" of Fisk and Matt.

Feige can talk whatever he wants, for people these stories are canon because it's one of the best marvel contest ever made.

I hope in the future they either lower his strength so it’s believable or at the very least explain how he’s so strong. He got hit by a car head on and shot in the chest with arrows and acted like it was nothing.

Yeah...

They made him cartoon villain in this and Kat defeat him immediately... It's underwhelming
He was throwing Kate around like a ragdoll until she briefly incapacitated him with a trick.

Feige can talk whatever he wants, for people these stories are canon because it's one of the best marvel contest ever made.
That's... not remotely how canon works.

Also, this is a Multiverse, so all those stories can be canon, just not part of the 'Prime Universe.'

He was throwing Kate around like a ragdoll until she briefly incapacitated him with a trick.

Also, this is a Multiverse, so all those stories can be canon, just not part of the 'Prime Universe.'

You really thinks that outside hardcore fans anybody cares "how canon works".

So I guess people really were expecting R-Rated Kingpin on a TV-14 Hawkeye TV show.

I will say this: the reveal was extremely disappointing, he should've been the main villain from the start.

Also:
There's no way he's dead lmfao.

You really thinks that outside hardcore fans anybody cares "how canon works".
OrderlyDismalCentipede-max-1mb.gif

No, but I expect the average fan to be mature enough to grasp the idea that the story belongs to the creators and they don't get to pick and choose what aCtUaLlY happened and THEN get mad when the story doesn't line up with their own imagined version of it.

That has most certainly not been confirmed, but even if it were the case I find it really stupid of them to put on an effort to get the same actors that people loved in those specific versions and turn them into different ones. Toning something down is one thing and changing it completely is another. Noone expected blood and gore here but that version of Fisk was nothing like the one we were familiar with. And for that matter, I don't think a Christmas family friendly story was the best occasion to re-introduce him (Moon Knight would have been a better choice I feel).

Yeah Bishop was lucky, she didn't really beat him just more luck than anything.

Loved Kingpin here, I was worried they'd change his personality but seeing his bubbling rage from Daredevil just gave me a big smile.

I hope in the future they either lower his strength so it’s believable or at the very least explain how he’s so strong. He got hit by a car head on and shot in the chest with arrows and acted like it was nothing.

Not to mention an explosion did nothing to him except have him limping a little lol. They went too over the top with it. It made no sense that he's invulnerable and super strong, yet he punches Kate and she gets right back up. It would've been easy to have a more believable fight: No ripping doors off cars, her arrow hits him in the arm, he's further away from the explosion, or instead of an explosion he gets shocked, etc. It's kind of mindblowing that they got so stupid with it. Then you add in Kazi suddenly being able to catch an arrow...:rolleyes:

Please show me this confirmation
The closets we ever got to “confirmation” is Gunn saying the Pre-Marvel Studios shows aren’t canon.

FHOoYC0WYA4yj3P

But last I checked, Gunn isn’t President of Marvel Studios - Kevin Feige is, and he has always refrained from answering the canon questions definitively when asked about it in interviews. So as of now, the canonicity status of those shows remain in question.

Last edited:
So this Kingpin definitely is enhanced somehow right? He got hit by a car pretty badly and was unscathed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"