Hawkeye Vincent D'Onofrio returning as Wilson Fisk / The Kingpin

A photograph is a really dumb way to execute a major reveal.
Especially since the setup to actually show the meet that was photographed was already shown on screen. We just got the in-universe equivalent of his casting being confirmed by a blurry set photo. Least they could've done is have the photo Yelena sent be in focus.

Last edited:
This has to be the lamest reveal ever lmao

It was a lame reveal to show a blurry cellphone photo.

For it to happen offscreen and just show everyone a blurry photo. I couldn't even tell that was D'Onofrio. It wouldn't even hold up in court. He can just deny it's him and create reasonable doubt.

There is no reason to suspect that they will.

I mean there kinda is on the basis of its something that's happened before. Maybe Eleanor's the real Kingpin.

Last edited:
I don’t think what would hold up in court was at all important or relevant to that reveal.

I don’t think what would hold up in court was at all important or relevant to that reveal.

I think it was important if you finally reveal Kingpin joining the MCU for it to be a huge heart-stopping moment. Instead it was a complete and total wet fart and underwhelming.

Yeah. As I was alluding to, in the other thread, was that giving Kingpin his own scene of even doing the most mundane (such as looking at a painting) would have given a much better moment.

The only way, imo, that they could make (the botched reveal) up to me, is by giving us more scenes/role of him in the final episodes... and giving us an idea of what he's been up to? Or his master plan? Or what will all this lead up to.

Yeah. As I was alluding to, in the other thread, was that giving Kingpin his own scene of even doing the most mundane (such as looking at a painting) would have given a much better moment.

The only way, imo, that they could make (the botched reveal) up to me, is by giving us more scenes/role of him in the final episodes... and giving us an idea of what he's been up to? Or his master plan? Or what will all this lead up to.
I would've been over the moon if the bloodstained "Rabbit in a Snowstorm" had appeared. With Kingpin back that painting really needs to eventually show up in the background at least once.

I would've been over the moon if the bloodstained "Rabbit in a Snowstorm" had appeared. With Kingpin back that painting really needs to eventually show up in the background at least once.

Blood stained? Did it get splattered with blood during a fight in DD?

Blood stained? Did it get splattered with blood during a fight in DD?
Yeah, during the Fisk/Bullseye/Daredevil fight in Fisk's apartment in season 3, if I remember correctly it's Fisk's blood

I think the reveal worked, he is the Kingpin, the big guy, but he is not the main antagonist of the series and I don't see him having any major or direct conflict with Clint and whatever scene he will have in the finale will serve to cement the shady double life that Eleanor was living and create conflict between her and Kate as well as show his imposing presence and demeanor as a menacing mastermind weaving the threads for whatever comes next in whatever show.

The magnitude of how powerful he is can be felt in the way Clint speaks of him and showing he is scared of him. Most have already seen his brutality in the DD series whether or not they end up taking elements from those shows is yet to be seen.

Had they done a Thanos type reveal people would get the impression that he would be the main character Clint will face in combat and would be disappointed if that's not the case.

We will see the big guy and I think he will have a behind the scenes role in various series. At least I hope it doesn't end up another Bohner situation.

It is the nature of TV, tune in next week same Bat time same Bat channel.

I think the reveal worked, he is the Kingpin, the big guy, but he is not the main antagonist of the series and I don't see him having any major or direct conflict with Clint and whatever scene he will have in the finale will serve to cement the shady double life that Eleanor was living and create conflict between her and Kate as well as show his imposing presence and demeanor as a menacing mastermind weaving the threads for whatever comes next in whatever show.

The magnitude of how powerful he is can be felt in the way Clint speaks of him and showing he is scared of him. Most have already seen his brutality in the DD series whether or not they end up taking elements from those shows is yet to be seen.

Had they done a Thanos type reveal people would get the impression that he would be the main character Clint will face in combat and would be disappointed if that's not the case.

We will see the big guy and I think he will have a behind the scenes role in various series. At least I hope it doesn't end up another Bohner situation.

Maybe Vincent D'Onofrio will turn out not to be Kingpin but merely an actor like Trevor Slattery hired to play the part of Kingpin, and the real Kingpin will turn out to be Eleanor Bishop.

Especially since the setup to actually show the meet that was photographed was already shown on screen. We just got the in-universe equivalent of his casting being confirmed by a blurry set photo. Least they could've done is have the photo Yelena sent be in focus.
Because surveillance photos taken on a cell phone from a discreet distance are well-known for having HD clarity. :o It looks like a blurry set photo because that's essentially what it is.

I don't get these complaints at all. It was a stinger reveal, just like Nick Fury in Iron Man. It was there to spike the hype for the season finale, and it did exactly that - Kingpin was trending on Twitter all day Wednesday and he's dominated the discussion of the episode despite only having the tiniest possible role. They did exactly what they wanted and needed to do, and I'm so glad the show's in the hands of people focusing on telling their story instead of checking off fan-service.

Because surveillance photos taken on a cell phone from a discreet distance are well-known for having HD clarity. :o It looks like a blurry set photo because that's essentially what it is.

I don't get these complaints at all. It was a stinger reveal, just like Nick Fury in Iron Man. It was there to spike the hype for the season finale, and it did exactly that - Kingpin was trending on Twitter all day Wednesday and he's dominated the discussion of the episode despite only having the tiniest possible role. They did exactly what they wanted and needed to do, and I'm so glad the show's in the hands of people focusing on telling their story instead of checking off fan-service.

It wasn't like Nick Fury in Iron Man at all.

Ralph bohner was the worst thing about Wandavision. The rest of the show was pretty awesome.

The final rating I give this show can vary a lot depending on the last episode. Other shows have often locked something in before that point.

Spoiler for episode 6. We'll see if this is the case.

4n0d4qtx3y681.jpg

Maybe Vincent D'Onofrio will turn out not to be Kingpin but merely an actor like Trevor Slattery hired to play the part of Kingpin, and the real Kingpin will turn out to be Eleanor Bishop.
Technically you’ve done nothing wrong here, but I still almost feel compelled to report this post

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"