Virtual Console Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic & Knuckles will be arriving on the European Virtual Console service next Friday and will have the lock-on capabilities that it's cartridge version was able to do so many years ago so you can play as Knuckles in Sonic 2 and 3 and the Blue Sphere bonus game in Sonic 1.

I'd love to see that on the VC but wasn't that game developed by Rare?

Rare is Microsoft territory now. Which is why Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie came out on XBLA and why Goldeneye is never going to come out on any platform.

Granted Nintendo has a bigger steak in Donkey Kong 64, but that doesn't mean they can just put it out.

A bigger steak? Does that come with a potato?

Rare is Microsoft territory now. Which is why Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie came out on XBLA and why Goldeneye is never going to come out on any platform.

Granted Nintendo has a bigger steak in Donkey Kong 64, but that doesn't mean they can just put it out.
Nintendo can do whatever they want with Donkey Kong 64, just like what they've done with the SNES Donkey Kong Country games on the Virtual Console. Nintendo owns the Donkey Kong IP and all Donkey Kong games 100%. Unlike Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, and the rights mess that is Goldeneye.

Anyone know if they have any plans to stop being lazy and try to get some more N64 games out? I have pretty much all the games I want for NES, SNES, GENESIS and some games from other systems like NEO GEO and I would really like some more 64 games. I know it's most likely harder and more time consuming to get them online to download due to memory but it would be nice for them to get more out before this generation of systems starts to get pushed aside for next gen.

Nintendo can do whatever they want with Donkey Kong 64, just like what they've done with the SNES Donkey Kong Country games on the Virtual Console. Nintendo owns the Donkey Kong IP and all Donkey Kong games 100%. Unlike Perfect Dark, Banjo-Kazooie, and the rights mess that is Goldeneye.

Yep, yep. Donkey Kong is 100% Nintendo's. Any Rareware content in any Rare-made DK game (that isn't DK related) has to be altered (example, changing Diddy Kong's cap from reading Rare to Nintendo, and dropping Banjo & Conker from the DS remake of Diddy Kong Racing), but Nintendo can do whatever they want to their Rare-made DK titles, cause Nintendo has those rights.

Anyone know if they have any plans to stop being lazy and try to get some more N64 games out? I have pretty much all the games I want for NES, SNES, GENESIS and some games from other systems like NEO GEO and I would really like some more 64 games. I know it's most likely harder and more time consuming to get them online to download due to memory but it would be nice for them to get more out before this generation of systems starts to get pushed aside for next gen.

The Virtual Console is an officially licensed emulator for the the Wii. It's easy to emulate games from the NES, Super Nintendo, and Genesis but it's much harder to do so with Nintendo 64 games. And probably why we aren't seeing Sega CD and Sega 32x games on the Virtual Console.

They're just a massive pain in the ass to work on.

I've got a question... I finally got a Wii, but I've got no internet. If I downloaded VC games to an SD card at my friend's house, could I install them on my own Wii?

I just downloaded the Arcade Versions of Shinobi and Golden Axe the other week. Ah the memories. Bring on E-Swat already!! ;)

Now what I'm waiting for are the N64 Star Wars games. Shadows of the Empire and Rogue Squadron above all else!

I've got a question... I finally got a Wii, but I've got no internet. If I downloaded VC games to an SD card at my friend's house, could I install them on my own Wii?

Just bring your Wii to your friend's house

Yea, downloaded games are tied to the consoles they were downloaded on, so if you dl to an SD card using your friend's Wii, you'll be out of luck.

Just take your Wii to your friends as was just suggested.

Nope, it released Final Fantasty 2 a few weeks back and this week had Chrono Trigger released! :up:

So the only thing I have on VC is Mega Man(mainly because my sister used the other points on that stupid Internet channel years back) and I'm wondering is getting games for the VC worth it? I prefer having physical copies of games but at the same time I figured I could have them on VC...but with the Wii U on its way I dunno.

Where are games like Star Fox for the SNES and Yoshi's Safari? For the latter is the reason why it hasn't been released is because it used the Super Scope? Would it be that difficult for Nintendo to use Wii pointer controls for it? Super Scope used an infrared receiver atop the TV just like the Wii controller does.

I think Star Fox has the same reason why Super Mario World 2 hasn't been release yet in that they have the Super FX chip which I heard is hard to emulate and Yoshi's Safari requires a light gun which they don't have for the Virtual Console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"