Visual Effects Article - Five 3D characters

I believe that SFX studios are 7 to 10 years away from perfecting human CGI. The thing is, if people are afraid to use a lot of human CGI, it will never have the chance to become perfected. So it still must be done.

-Sandman
-Harry
-Spidey
-Venom
-Peter in his clothes.

Juggernaut33 said:
I think the five CG characters are Spider-Man, Green Goblin II, Sandman, Venom and...the symbiote.

i beleive it's Spidey, Goblin, Sandman, Venom, and Gwen

cause in the leaked theatrical trailer #2 we see Gwen falling off a building and falling as Spidey leaps off to save her...

dark_b said:
they had 3d MJ and aunt may in spidey 2 .
MJ yes i'm not so sure about Aunt May. I think Rosemary Harris did her own wire work.
flavio_lebeau said:
The article makes her look quite...full of herself. Not one moment that you notice Routh is cg? Come on, there are some shots in which you clearly see it's cg.

Spiderman is perfect though. I still remember, in the first movie, when I saw that "Peter climbing up a building in his wrestling outfit". I never, never, never thought it was cg. I even thought "wow, tobey or the double made a great job". When I realised it was cg (only because I saw in a making-of) I was shocked.
All the shots featuring Spidey, imo, couldn't look any more real. They simply make you believe it's actually happening, instead of thinking "ok, now that's cg. Now that's a stunt double. Cg again", like I thought in Matrix Reloaded (which had some terrible cg, btw) and mostly every film that has such characters.
Yeah i know not one word of self critism.Just a little too over complimentary.
Katsuro said:
1. Spider-Man

2. Symbiote Spider-Man

3. Goblin

4. Sandman

5. Venom

I'm betting spidey is counted twice, once for each suit. It may be the same character underneath, but from the perpective of the visual effects guys, it might as well be another character.
I think those are the five as well.

Visionary said:
Of course, no human CGI can fool people, the technology to fool the eyes with human CGI doesn't exist. Yet, they keep saying that it does.
The final shot in BB of Batman leaping of the building is CGI and according to one of the effects people it was so good that Chris Nolan decided to leave it in.

Same goes for the final shot of Doc Ock in the water which won SM2 the Oscar. That also fooled many people including me. I had no idea it was CGI.
spideyman101 said:
i beleive it's Spidey, Goblin, Sandman, Venom, and Gwen

cause in the leaked theatrical trailer #2 we see Gwen falling off a building and falling as Spidey leaps off to save her...
Bryce Dallas did her own stunt work for that scene.

Retroman said:
The final shot in BB of Batman leaping of the building is CGI and according to one of the effects people it was so good that Chris Nolan decided to leave it in.

Same goes for the final shot of Doc Ock in the water which won SM2 the Oscar. That also fooled many people including me. I had no idea it was CGI.

Bryce Dallas did her own stunt work for that scene.
i knew that it was CGI. not because it was bad but because it would be impossible to film this with a real cape.

spidermanhero12 said:
of course you can tell the difference. anything that is not real will not look 100% real. it looks real enough to satisfy us fans.
but he is saying that he has enough that people always try to tell us that it looks so real that you wont notice the difference. someone will always notice the difference.

GoldGoblin said:
-Sandman
-Harry
-Spidey
-Venom
-Peter in his clothes.

Wow you took my guess. Pete would be a great 3D character.

They do a great Job in the Spiderman films...There are a couple of webslinging shots that look pretty CG still though...

I think the best one is from 1 where Goblin throws the blade bombs in that burning building...All of spiderman's dodges are CG, and every second of it looks amazing.

Katsuro said:
1. Spider-Man

2. Symbiote Spider-Man

3. Goblin

4. Sandman

5. Venom

I'm betting spidey is counted twice, once for each suit. It may be the same character underneath, but from the perpective of the visual effects guys, it might as well be another character.

lmao, why WHY do you guys argue over the most obvious things. the above shows the 5 3d characters.

Overman27pj said:
They do a great Job in the Spiderman films...There are a couple of webslinging shots that look pretty CG still though...

I think the best one is from 1 where Goblin throws the blade bombs in that burning building...All of spiderman's dodges are CG, and every second of it looks amazing.
spideys web-slinging looks very real.

ooo the mysterious 4rth villain!

heh you know there may also just be a cgi MJ in there.. for you know all kidnap/falling intents and purposes lol

stupid mj

best cgi moment:

SM2, spidey is knocked off the train and hits the streets, the whole fall and recovery, him ziplining through traffic, the gracefuly catapult off the streets to even the panicked climb to catch up to the train again... all well done and very well thought out

didn't they also create a 3d model of peter in this film for his fight with harry?

So simple:

Spidey (symbiote Spidey merely requires a change in texture, so its the same)
Peter
Harry
Sandman
Venom

CG models of Mj, Gwen etc. don't count as they are among the myriad of CG "stunt characters". But those above are fully animated characters used for multiple scenes requiring more than basic animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"