• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wally West Casting and Discussion Thread

Ryan Kwanten for Wally all the way for me; with Scott Porter for Barry.

A few years ago when Ryan Reynolds was younger, i would definitely have cast him as Wally West. I love this guy, but he doesnt look like Hal to me. And i will have a hard time buying him as Hal as he'll have to be acting serious...

But he's had non-comedic roles before and been fine in my opinion.

Luckilly for me - I happen to think he looks like Hal also, so I guess I'm not gonna have problems with GL opening day.

Chris Evans for Wally West! Just look at Scott Kollins Wally and tell Me they dont look alike! Plus,I want a more jokester Wally,Which fits him to a tee. Like JLU

But he's had non-comedic roles before and been fine in my opinion.

Luckilly for me - I happen to think he looks like Hal also, so I guess I'm not gonna have problems with GL opening day.
He looks like Hal and yeah i've seen him in serious roles, but i've gotten used to seeing him cracking jokes. He would have made a hell of a Spiderman or JLU Wally.
Chris Evans for Wally West! Just look at Scott Kollins Wally and tell Me they dont look alike! Plus,I want a more jokester Wally,Which fits him to a tee. Like JLU
I like the guy, but Human Torch AND Flash?

hey he isnt likely to be torch any more, and he already in one dc/vertigo movie coming next year. Could happen never know.

Yea I was against Evans for awhile just because of Fantastic Four (that and I really liked James Roday for the role but now I think he'd be a better Raynor), but now that he's almost definitely out of Fantastic Four, I really want him for Flash

That he would - I really like the guy.

They wasted him as the Human Torch. Evans and the Silver Surfer were the only good things to come out of Fox's 2 FF efforts.

chickless as ben was good too, they got ben/johnny characters right there in my opinions. But yea i could see evans as flash.

It's Awesome that Some people agree!He does look like Wally!

I loved him as Johnny Storm and am sad he won't be reprising his role but I'd be happy with Evans as Wally.

Ok yeah Barry will be the Flash in the movie. That's all good because honestly I'm happy just to see more DC films get off the ground.
I wasnt all that bothered until today when I read about the live action Blue Beetle potential show. First I shrugged the idea off because I think live action SH shows are kind of stupid and pointless, but I read the article and I found out that their using Jamie Reyes the 3rd Beetle after Ted Kord and some other guy
The weird thing is that some people said in regards to using Wally instead of Barry that: "Barry is the first Flash he should be in the movie", but now most people seem to be on board with using a character who is similar to Wally (a young, legacy character who picked up the mantle after his Silver Age predecessor died) and skipping over the Silver Age Blue Beetle

I thought it was interesting. Just food for thought/discussions sake

Last edited:
well they probably had their reason why they want to use jaime for the beetle show if it even gets off the ground. and who knows they might even have the former ones show up somewhere or somehow during the course of the show. As for flash that is a different beast.

I'm sure Geoff had a hand in the new Blue Beetle's creation.

That's why we're getting him.

well i dont think he created the character i believe that was two other guys, but he was writing other dc guys around the time the character came in. So yea geoff probably has his reasons why he wants the jaime one. But we are ahead of our selves we dont even know if the show will get greenlite and even if it is will it even land on any network's season schedules yet.

Aaron Johnson-Younger Wally West(if they go with Barry in the movie)
Scott Porter-Older Wally West(if they go with Wally in the movie)

Dave Franco as Wally West

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2002649/

108167_dave-franco.jpg

Scott Porter for Barry Allen

night we pretty much know now it will be barry allen flash for the film from the latest bit of news. But i am still sure they will include wally as a supporting player. Like i said in the main flash thread i would have barry be 27-29 yrs old, and i would have wally then be 17-19 yrs old. So we can skip the whole kid flash thing. so it would seem more logical for a slightly older "kid" taking over the mantle if they did the whole death of barry in a sequel.

@WebHead-I know. Im just saying IF they use Waly. I personally want Barry.
Zachary Levi for Barry Allen btw!

yea porter i think could work as either, and i saibe before i would love to see levi score a hero role. HE was to be in thor as fandrel but had to pull out due to chuck duties.

Wally West/Flash III-Scott Porter
Linda Park-Kristen Kreuk
Barry Allen/Flash II-Michael Weatherly
Wally West/Kid Flash-Dan Benson
Jay Garrick/Flash I-Bruce Greenwood
Zoom-Josh Hartnett

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member