WandaVision WandaVision: season 1 Episode 9: “Series Finale” (Spoilers)

Justice4#Rouge

Civilian
Reaction score
And then there was one.

The epic conclusion in a groundbreaking series for the MCU, sees many things still unanswered:

Will your theories be cleared? Will the biggest questions be answered? What’s next for Wanda? And who the hell is Evan Peters?? :hehe:

wanda8.gif

Enjoy Witches :D

So many things to answer in 50 (40) minutes... but I have faith the big ones will.

Solid finale that set up Captain Marvel 2 and Doctor Strange 2 with what’s to come for Monica and Wanda

Wanda’s Scarlett Witch outfit looked very nice!

So does this mean Vision is back since white Vision got all of the old memories back? He just kinda disappeared

Kinda bummed that Peter/Quiksilver ended up being a nobody. Though he did have a funny last name lol

And as I predicted, Jimmy’s mystery witness and Monica’s scientist buddy went absolutely nowhere. I liked the finale but didn’t love it. Kinda underwhelmed by all the build up that kinda went to crap

This was a good finale, but once again Marvel pulls an Iron Man 3 Mandarin twist with Quicksilver which left me pretty disappointed in that regard. I’m surprised they didn’t use Quicksilver as an opportunity to set up the multiverse angle that will be crucial for not only Multiverse Of Madness, but Spider-Man No Way Home. That was definitely a missed opportunity.

Last edited:
This episode kinda gave me everything I wanted when the show started. Finally diving deeper into the character of Wanda. A lot of the baggage we picked up along the way predictably didn't go anywhere. Ralph wasn't a smart move and I guess the new Darkhold just moves Runaways and SHIELD even further away from Feige's MCU.

Overall this wasn't quite the interconnected start of the multiverse which people expected, but it stood on its own much more than the MCU usually does, though there's a lot here that we'll pick up on in the future. It's funny how that should be a strength of the show, but it won't really be received that way.

I also can't help but feel the whole "Scarlet Witch stuff" is basically their version of Phoenix, which I guess after two attempts at Fox is just fine. I think I will rewatch this show quite a bit for what it has done with Wanda.

Now we'll see what Falcon & WS brings.

The teasing and hype over non-cameos didn't help this to live up to expectations, but I felt like it was a solid-but-not-spectacular finale. A lot of the aerial battle stuff just felt...obligatory, and I don't feel like we got enough satisfactory info on everything, but the emotional content was strong.

The Quicksilver thing was an epic troll move. I know a lot of people are gonna be upset, but I'm kinda glad, tbh.

The new costume looks better than I'd expected.

Can't wait for Captain Marvel 2. :up:

So I'm guessing that Doctor Strange didn't make a cameo like some had hoped.

So I'm guessing that Doctor Strange didn't make a cameo like some had hoped.

Nope. I thought they would at least have him but nada.

Overall, I was in one way disappointed but also not disappointed. I was not disappointed with the finale itself. Lots of good action and we saw Scarlett Witch in her glory (for now at least). I think there were too many people theorizing and hyping each other up so much that we were bound to get disappointed. If I had stayed off the internet and just binged watch this show, I don’t think I would have been disappointed at all.

Enjoyed the finale. Yeah, the fan theories didn't come true and there were no big appearances, not even from Doctor Strange which was genuinely surprising. Was hoping for a stronger set-up for DS2 in the post-credit scene and my fault for even expecting a small chance for Spidey.

- Love Scarlet Witches costume.
- They wasted Evan Peters.
- Paul Bettany is a legendary troll.

Overall disappointing finale, didn’t mind the lack of cameos or quicksilver stuff etc. Emotional parts of the ep were fine, her in costume was good.

The action and cg however? Zero creativity whatsoever, boring, nothing epic in the slightest (how do these people get directing jobs?). Cg looked like something from a cw show, not a $150 mill series. Even $50 mill action films looked better than this, where did the budget go? I loved the first three eps, then the build up...then...nothing!? Where’s the visual creativity in the action scenes that George Miller, Del Toro, Cameron, even Raimi and Whedon have? The moments in the final battle of Age of Ultron were more epic. Ah well, hopefully Raimi’s strange 2 will look amazing and be somewhat creative, powers wise. They need to use more practical effects in movies, even superhero films.

I enjoyed the finale aswell, but like most have already said it wasn't the spectacular ending that some were probably hoping for and I get the feeling there are going to be alot of people disappointed by it come tomorrow.

I'm just glad I didn't pay attention to many of the crazy theories beforehand, but usually most of those are wrong anyways, especially when it came to the whole Ralph/Quicksilver reveal which is honestly some of the best trolling I have ever seen to date from Marvel.

Evan Peters ended up being kind of wasted though which is something that's going to bug me for a bit eventhough I did really enjoy the time he spent onscreen in those earlier episodes.

It was great seeing Wanda go all out in that battle against Agness and Elizabeth Olsen has never looked more beautiful IMO than in that new SW outfit. I'm surpised there was no appearance from DS, but I'm still very hyped for DS2 just to see where they go with Wanda from here and of course seeing more of Monica in CM2.

I really enjoyed it. It was hyper focused on Wanda, Vision and her acceptance of her life, as it should be. It was actually quite a quiet, devastating ending but that worked for this show about grief. And it did set things up for later.

The family scenes were awesome and incredibly sad they're a great little unit and gah, the tucking them in to bed and thanking them before they disintegrate. The boys are still out there somewhere!

And they had so many beautiful lines: "Who knows what I might be next" "We've said goodbye before, so it stands to reason..." "..we'll say hello again".

Amazing trolling by Bettany but White Vision really worked for me and really gave him a lot to do. I loved that even mindless Vision was smart and willing to debate things out. And the touch of his hand and giving him the memories that was filmed as a blessing. And he's now Vision so they will be seeing each other again somewhere.

I don't personally mind the Pietro thing, even though I know a lot of people are disappointed. However Multiverse opportunities - palooza are definitely coming even if this was 100% a meta joke. The show itself was built on meta references so it worked okay for me, even though Peitro=Ralph who isn't anyone else is a bit of a let down after Agnes built him up. I guess she was just playing the off screen husband joke.

All in all I'm satisfied. It really was a show about a witch playing out the 5 stages of grief with her powers and made use of a lot of rich characters and actors in the process.

Last edited:
I'm overwhelmed and underwhelmed at the same time, but strangely satisfied with this finale. I really, really shed a tear when Vision and the boys just faded away in the Hex. That was so sad. Seriously, whoever MCU gets to be Reed and Sue better have the same energy as Olsen and Bettany; you can tell as actors that they have a intimacy and that they trust each other. Watching them was the best thing about this whole series.

Loved Scarlet Witch's costume, loved both of the post credit scenes and I hope Agatha comes back to play soon.

It has really been fun waking up in the middle of the night to cheer and jeer with you guys these last few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"