Webhead731: My web of art.

I'll have an update on my Ultimate Spider-Man VS. Ultimate Green Goblin sometime tomorrow.

Here it is! I added more fire. I want to add more around Spider-Man, but since I use the Smudge tool, I don't want to make Spider-Man look blurry. That would just suck.
Any tips?

I'm still not finished yet, I still have a few more things to do.

ultimatespidermanart7mb.jpg

Any advice?

Can someone please help me with the dodge and burn tools in PhotoShop today so I can get this done?
Like where I need to use the dodge and burn tools?

Thanks!

ampersand said:
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking

Do you have PhotoShop? Do you know what the dodge and burn tools are?

Burn-Makes colors darker.

Dodge-Makes colors lighter.

Thanks for replying.

I have photoshop and know what they do but what are you asking about them?

webhead731 said:

Can someone please help me with the dodge and burn tools in PhotoShop today so I can get this done?
Like where I need to use the dodge and burn tools?

Thanks!

you just need to pick a lighting source. in this case, id say the flames give off the glow. so imagine what parts of the bodies are hit by the light from the flames. etc.

ampersand said:
I have photoshop and know what they do but what are you asking about them?

I'm asking where should I put them so it looks better.

webhead731 said:
I'm asking where should I put them so it looks better.

Okay, but it really isn't that simple. Zolland was right, you need to choose a light source/direction and shade in accordance with it. The flames are the obvious choice for light source. Burn and Dodge aren't really the best choice for this though because the light being cast by the flames is not white but more yellow or orange. Try using the brush tool on a very low opacity and flow to paint in yellow highlights were the light is shining on the skin and blueish shadows where it isn't.

ampersand said:
Okay, but it really isn't that simple. Zolland was right, you need to choose a light source/direction and shade in accordance with it. The flames are the obvious choice for light source. Burn and Dodge aren't really the best choice for this though because the light being cast by the flames is not white but more yellow or orange. Try using the brush tool on a very low opacity and flow to paint in yellow highlights were the light is shining on the skin and blueish shadows where it isn't.

When I do it, it looks like there are yellow lines on the skin, which don't make it look that good. But, I might be able to draw the fire around Spider-Man without using the smudge tool and blurring him up.

Thanks for the help guys!:):up:

you can always use the gausian blur to blend it

Filter >> Blur >> Gaussian Blur.....play with it

How's this? I used the thing with the paint brush just a little outside of the Green Goblin's body and that's what I got. The fire got a little covered up though.
And this isn't the real picture, I have two different ones so I can mess around with the other.

The lighting is on the Goblin only.

ultimatespidermanartglowpractice.jpg

I hope I can get this done tonight.

i think that fire would put a much more intense light on him

I added more light, and it erased....most of the fire.:(
Good thing this is an extra copy of the picture.

ultimatespidermanartglowpracti.jpg

I added some light to Spider-Man too.

I like that, it works. Continue allowing the light to kinda wash out the edge of the figures, then add heavy darks in the center of their bodies. The effect should be cool.

I like it, but I think you could improve it even more if you went real dark for the shadows on the front of their bodies.

sorry for the horrible job....i just spent literally about a minute to show you what i meant by more intense. i didnt add any shading

ultimatespidermanart7mb8bq.jpg

ultimatespidermanartglowpracti.jpg

Any darker and his skin will be black.
I think in my final picture, I'll leave Spider-Man unshaded because it makes his webs too black.

You guys are helping out alot, thanks.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"