Sequels What age?

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
How old do you think the x-men characters were in the movies? Ok i've gone with the principle that the actors/actresses hired were older than the characters they were portraying at that time, with exception to Wolverine and Sabretooth... for obvious reasons...

Here is my list...

Professor X - 56 (Last Stand opening) 61 (X-Men Origins Wolverine) 68 (X1 - X3)
Cyclops - 18/19 (X-Men Origins Wolverine) 25 (X1 -X3)
Jean Grey -14/15 (Last Stand Opening) 27 (X1 - X3)
Beast - 35 (X3)
Iceman 18 - (x1 - x3)
Rogue 18 - (x1 - x3)
Colossus 20 - (x2 - x3)
Shadowcat 17 - (X1 - X3)
Storm 28 (X1-X3)
Wolverine --- not even going to attempt that
Nightcrawler - 22 (X2)

Magneto -57 (last stand opening) 69 (x1 - x3)
Mystique - 38 (x1 - x3) - which would make sense if she was a teen when she had Nightcrawler... althought its not mentioned.
Sabretooth --- see wolverine notes
Toad - 28 (X1)
Pyro - 18 (X1 - X3)
Jason/Mastermind - 29 (X2)

Blob - 30 (x-men origins: wolverine)
Bolt - 25 (x-men origins: wolverine)
Wraith - 35 (x-men origins: wolverine)
Agent Zero - 30 (x-men origins: wolverine)
Gambit - 19/20 (x-mem origins: wolverine)

How old do you think the x-men characters were in the movies? Ok i've gone with the principle that the actors/actresses hired were older than the characters they were portraying at that time, with exception to Wolverine and Sabretooth... for obvious reasons...

Here is my list...

Professor X - 56 (Last Stand opening) 61 (X-Men Origins Wolverine) 68 (X1 - X3)
Cyclops - 18/19 (X-Men Origins Wolverine) 25 (X1 -X3)
Jean Grey -14/15 (Last Stand Opening) 27 (X1 - X3)
Beast - 35 (X3)
Iceman 18 - (x1 - x3)
Rogue 18 - (x1 - x3)
Colossus 20 - (x2 - x3)
Shadowcat 17 - (X1 - X3)
Storm 28 (X1-X3)
Wolverine --- not even going to attempt that
Nightcrawler - 22 (X2)

Magneto -57 (last stand opening) 69 (x1 - x3)
Mystique - 38 (x1 - x3) - which would make sense if she was a teen when she had Nightcrawler... althought its not mentioned.
Sabretooth --- see wolverine notes
Toad - 28 (X1)
Pyro - 18 (X1 - X3)
Jason/Mastermind - 29 (X2)

Blob - 30 (x-men origins: wolverine)
Bolt - 25 (x-men origins: wolverine)
Wraith - 35 (x-men origins: wolverine)
Agent Zero - 30 (x-men origins: wolverine)
Gambit - 19/20 (x-mem origins: wolverine)
Hmm... Well, I haven't seen the workprint or the actual movie yet, but I'll answer the ones that I can.
Prof. X: Your estimate would be about right imo
Scott: 17-18 (Origins), 25-26 (X1-X3)
Jean Grey: 12 (beginning of X3), 25-26 (X1-X3)
Beast: 45
Iceman: 18-19 (end of X3)
Rogue: 18-19 (end of X3)
Storm: 30ish
Shadowcat: 17-18
Pyro: 18-19 (end of X3)
Magneto: same age as Charles, about
Gambit: 21-22
Mystique: I have no idea lol
Wolverine: Hundreds of years old? lol

Last edited:
I won't try for exact ages, just relative approximations.

Xavier is obviously the oldest of the X-men(aside from Wolverine of course). Beast is probably the next most senior person, with Storm being slightly younger. Cyke strikes me as the youngest of the faculty, with Jean being only a few years older.

Rogue, Iceman, and Pyro were all high school aged, and among the oldest of the students. Kitty and Peter were slightly younger. Most of the rest were elementary and middle-school aged.

Magneto was ancient. Mystique likewise, but not as aged. Creed as we all know is as old as Logan. Toad was the youngest of the group. Juggernaut was middle-aged.

Wade was probably in his mid-twenties in Origins and the second youngest of the group with Bolt being the most junior. Blob and Agent Zero were probably around the same age, with Wraith being slightly older than the rest. Gambit probably around Wade's age but can be edged younger to help fit into later movies if need be.

I'd differently say Beast was older then 35-45 ranger, probably more like 45-55 range

That's cause of the man playing him Kelsey grammer other wise know as doctor Frasier crane from cheers and only man in the history of male actor's that actually does talk like beast. The thing is beast is still younger. the only reason he was a good match is cause he talks like him. so it was easy to see him as beast. this is how most people should sorta be picking actors for movies. if they have similar characteristic as the characters and have good acting ability the thing will flow fine. but that doesn't always run across certain Hollywood executives mind other then if they look hot of how over talk some else is and don't fit the bill for the characters.

any way so he(Kelsey grammer ) was a good fit and was made even more so with the make up. other then that. beasts younger. but what ever it's not like fox cares too much on age or any thing. that's why a lot of thing's are messed up. time line wise. but that was a good pic on casting nevertheless. that I agree with. every thing else meh.

Last edited:
actually my believing the character is older has nothing to do with who played him, I just always thought of him as an older character, his mutation keeps him in peek physical shape, which is why he appears younger

yeah well that's not actually the case for the orginal Beast. but moving on.

Nightcrawler was supposed to be 22?

Approximations: They're based on stuff I picked up from the film, not necessarily the actors ages, or their appearances

-I think in X1, the main X-Men were in their early 30's
---one reason is because in XMO, Cyclops is about 16 and X1 is set 15 years later
---plus Dr. Jean Grey seems to have a doctorate in medicine, so that's roughly 10 years after she graduates high school, so if she were around 16 in XMO:W, plus the 15 year jump, there's no way she'd be in her 20's in X1, plus is X3 flashback she was defimetly a yong teen so there's no wat 20 years later she'd be in her 20's
--within this circle of 3, I'd say Jean is the oldest by 1-2 years, 3 at best, followed by Cyclops and Storm who to me either appears to be the same age, or Storm seemed/acted a bit naive/younger in X1

-The Professor and Magneto I believe are in their early 60's in X1....
---In the X3 flashback, as well as XMO:W they look to bein their late 40's (Mags greying hair)

-I'm not sure about Mystique because they never made it clear whether or not Nighcrawler was her son in the Movievers, but if he is, she must be atleast in her late 40's or early 50's in X1, as in X2 Nightcrawler seems to be in his mid-late 20's, early 30's at best

-As for Rogue I read that she was 17 in X1, so I assume that Bobby and Pyro are aswell

-Collossus, because he is student, I assume that he's between 18-19, and is just really big for his age

-Angel, to me, seemed like he was either in college or a post grad, so early to mid 20's

Last edited:
Jean was totally early to mid-thirties in x1-x3, I would suspect that Scott was slightly younger I'm thinking 28. Ororo seemed younger than Scott at 25. Beast seemed the oldest of all of them, around 40, to me at least.

I don't know, (aside from Famke herself being older, and the phyical age difference between her and Marsden being noticeable) I wouldn't really say there was anything character wise in the movie to suggetion she was suppose to be older
I'd probably put her as being the same age as Scott (give or take a years, maybe)

and given the flash back scene, set 20 years ago at the begin of 3, she couldn't of been more then 12-13 there, so, that would making her 32-33 in the present

same with Scott in XO:W which if you go by the 15 years ago timeline (as mentioned in the first two movies by both Xavier and Stryker as being how along it been since Wolverine lost his memory)
Scott was around suppose to be 17-18
putting him at 32-33 as will

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back